Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SASRACE

My First Trip to Birmingham Arena

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok, me and a few friends made our first trip to Birmingham and I don't think it will be our last. 

First of all the place holds 4,100 by the SPHL Media Guide and the announced attendance was 4,092 and I would say that was close to being accurate. 

Seats are all chair back and I will say to do what they did in the short amount of time I they had is pretty remarkable.  I want to Alabama Slammers game years back and it was no way as nice at this is.

Fans of Bull are passionate just like Havoc fans and there was plenty of back and forth between the fans during the game which make great atmosphere

Action up close and right on top it in the arena and really there is not a bad seat in house.

I will say this, if they continue to use this building it will be an intimidating place to play in the future, if Birmingham can average 4,000 a night and have a competitive team this will be a place that teams will not like to go to.

Just like to thank all the fans of Bulls that we were around and met some great people and a had a great time.

If you have not been I suggest going next year and take in a game

Edited by SASRACE
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Thanks for the review, SAS.  You've convinced me to add a Huntsville/Birmingham weekend road trip to my wish list for the next couple of seasons.  I've just gotta find a way to get Mrs. JMC to fall asleep somewhere around Nashville & not wake up again until we're a few miles from Pelham.  :hmm:

Awards Earned

16 hours ago, SASRACE said:

Ok, me and a few friends made our first trip to Birmingham and I don't think it will be our last. 

First of all the place holds 4,100 by the SPHL Media Guide and the announced attendance was 4,092 and I would say that was close to being accurate. 

Seats are all chair back and I will say to do what they did in the short amount of time I they had is pretty remarkable.  I want to Alabama Slammers game years back and it was no way as nice at this is.

Fans of Bull are passionate just like Havoc fans and there was plenty of back and forth between the fans during the game which make great atmosphere

Action up close and right on top it in the arena and really there is not a bad seat in house.

I will say this, if they continue to use this building it will be an intimidating place to play in the future, if Birmingham can average 4,000 a night and have a competitive team this will be a place that teams will not like to go to.

Just like to thank all the fans of Bulls that we were around and met some great people and a had a great time.

If you have not been I suggest going next year and take in a game

When they get the seating up to 5,200 next year, that going be one cool arena when it finish. I say large crowds are going be a normal in a few years when things get rolling

Awards Earned

This arena is the perfect SPHL arena IMO. I love it and when the place starts rocking it keeps rocking. When it is expanded I would love to see it average 4,000

2 hours ago, whisperdeer3 said:

This arena is the perfect SPHL arena IMO. I love it and when the place starts rocking it keeps rocking. When it is expanded I would love to see it average 4,000

The only thing left to make this a "perfect SPHL arena" is to make known the beer prices. 

Awards Earned