Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Game 2 Roanoke @ Peoria 4/13/18 8:15 pm et.

Pregame Notes

SPHL Live Scoreboard

Game Live

Listen Dawgs Live Mixlr

Watch Dawgs Live Neulion $7.99

Game 2 of the first round of playoffs to be played at the Owens Center.  Dawgs need to win to avoid elimination.  It's Friday the 13th, anything can happen!!  Let's Go Dawgs!!!

The Roanoke Times: The RYDs Say They Need To Stay Physical

• Like 1

Let's Go Dawgs!! Extend this series tonight and force a winner take all tomorrow night, then the Rivermen will really feel the heat!!

• Like 1

Play hard boys. Get this one and we will go from there.

Congratulations to Coach Bremner & his team on giving it their all in the RYD's inaugural playoff series. Many more where that came from. :applause:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Congratulations to Coach Bremner & his team on giving it their all in the RYD's inaugural playoff series. Many more where that came from. :applause:

Not bad considering most of our team consists of FHL players.  After how we started out, I am proud of the huge turnaround.  Proud of our players for doing a complete 360 after Coach Bremner came along.  It was a major change where Bremner expected a lot more out of his players.  So i'm sure it wasn't an easy adjustment but they all bought in and gave Roanoke fans a nice run.  I can honestly say now win or lose, our team became exciting to watch.  Unlike at the beginning of the year, I felt at times our guys weren't giving a 100%.  I have no problem taking losses as long as we are playing hard and doing the right things we need to win.  I am already excited about next year to see what guys Bremner can bring into his system.  Our guys finally got some playoff experience under their belt.  I expect us to come back and improve more next year.  But for this year, i'm proud of our coach and team.  Come on next season!  :2thumbsup:

• Like 5

Looking forward to kicking some Dawgs butt next season. (Knowing we'll probably get ours handed to us a time or two as well. :rolleyes:)

Congrats on your improved sophomore season.

I hate to see the season over but proud of our team and is it official that coach Bremner will be our coach next season. I hope he is because he did a great job.

48 minutes ago, richard 76 said:

I hate to see the season over but proud of our team and is it official that coach Bremner will be our coach next season. I hope he is because he did a great job.

I sure hope so, I can't think of anyone else who I believe would have done a better job.  Just hope he enjoyed his time in Roanoke.  I wouldn't want to go through finding another coach.  I would be very, very disappointed if he were to go.

6 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Proud of our players for doing a complete 360 after Coach Bremner came along.  

A "360" gets you right back where you started from. A "180" u-turn is what seems to have been accomplished.

Bob McGinn told the Booster Club last week that they were very pleased with Dan (duh) and that he would be returning next season.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

A "360" gets you right back where you started from. A "180" u-turn is what seems to have been accomplished.

Wow. Really?

Edited by Make Marky GM

46 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Or it can mean when Bremner took over he did a complete turnaround of the team which is 360 and not just a halfway turnaround the team which would be a 180. Who really cares? But as usual, just loving all your great input you have to put in all these discussions.  Keep up the good work.:clap:

38 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Wow. Really?

lmao, really!!!!

7 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Yep, turned around and going in the right direction now.

Maybe they were going in the right direction, but had to do a full circle to get back on track.  Don't want to turn around and start going backwards.