Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Thunderbolts shoot down Mayhem in Game 1, 2-1

April 13, 2018

9:45 AM EDT

Evansville, IN - In front of a crowd of 2,674 on a warm Thursday night in Evansville, the Thunderbolts began their quest for the President’s Cup on home ice against the defending champions, the Macon Mayhem.  In the city’s first playoff game in six years, the Bolts would dominate the Mayhem, and win by a 2-1 score, and take a 1-0 series lead back to Macon. ...

View the full article

I disagreed with the reporting on that attendance number. The team assures me the Ford Center staff use clickers to count general admission attendance.

I noted that my experience was being told to carry my phone and any metal objects through the metal detector "held in my hands". The five people at the door then proceeded to argue with each other about whether anyone needed to be searched. Once it became clear they weren't going to reach a consensus anytime soon I just walked off.

It seems likely to me that counting may have been outside their skillset too.

• Haha 1