Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


MacGuy

Challenge Round GDT - PEN @ KNX - Saturday

Recommended Posts

Parking Alert: see post below.

Booster Club Tailgate Party before the game.

Game 2 - Knoxville leads the series, 1-0.
Pensacola faces elimination tonight.

Ice Flyers vs. Ice Bears
7:35 ET Game time @ the Civic Coliseum
Coach's Corner: 6:20 in the Exhibition Hall
SPHL Scoreboard
Pre-Game Notes
GAME LIVE
Live Gamesheet

Knoxville Twitter
Live video on Neulion ($7.99)
Live audio on Fox Sports Radio Knoxville

Purple & White Jersey Auction immediately after the game.

DabpFpoU0AA3i_e.jpg:large

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TICKETS:

Full season MemBEARS, use Playoff Game #1 ticket in your books.

If you have green stock tickets, use the ticket that shows the April 13th date. That is the only bar code that will work for Saturday. DO NOT use the ticket in your packet that shows April 14th. It will be good for the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ice Bears Playoffs Roster:

# PLAYER P GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP PPA SH SHA GWG SHOTS S%
7 Ortiz, Marcus RW 1 2 0 2 +1 0 1 0 0 0 0 5 .400
37 Erickson, Josh LW 1 2 0 2 +1 4 1 0 0 0 0 8 .250
86 Neugold, Evan D 1 1 1 2 +1 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 .500
8 Brancik, David D 1 0 2 2 +2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
15 Cesarz, Danny C 1 1 0 1 +1 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 .500
4 Chen, Michael D 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 .000
10 Adams, Alex D 1 0 1 1 +1 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
11 Brucato, Stefan LW 1 0 1 1 +1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
19 Grauer, Eliot C 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 .000
20 Cornellier, Lawrence RW 1 0 1 1 -1 0 0 1 0 0 0 5 .000
72 Sargis, Gehrett LW 1 0 1 1 +2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
9 Scott, Berkley RW 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 .000
12 Swider, Kevin C 1 0 0 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
13 Hervey, Austin LW 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
14 Granath, Charlie D 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
16 Robertson, Sean D 1 0 0 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
6 Bombardier, Lucas RW 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
# GOALIES GP MIN W L OTL SOL SO GA GAA SV SV%
56 Hetenyi, Zoltan 1 59:55 1 0 0 0 0 2 2.00 38 .950
49 Davenport, Troy 0 0:00 0 0 0 0 0 0 .00 0 .000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parking Alert: During daily construction at the Transit Center, the parking meters on E Church Ave over James White Pkwy will be bagged and Hall of Fame Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction with flaggers present for one block North of E Church Ave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post-game Purple and White Jersey Auction:

The players get to choose which jersey they will keep and which will be auctioned off. Here are the colors that will be available tonight.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a battle going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might have to buy one of the jerseys they aren't wearing and use it as a blanket to take a nap.  lmao. You at the game Mac?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lawrence Cornellier with the game winner!!!!!

Sorry Charlie. (Granath was originally awarded the goal. It would have been his first.)

EDIT: I see Charlie is still listed with the game-winner.

Edited by MacGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

This is only thing i've found Mac.  Not sure if its been beat it happened in 2010.  You now have the record if it still stands.

http://www.thesphl.com/view/thesphl/news/news_12237

We were within 2 minutes of the record - not sure which way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one heck of a way to win. Congrats Knoxville!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

We were within 2 minutes of the record - not sure which way. 

Here you go, screenshot straight from the record book.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-00-53-35.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Here you go, screenshot straight from the record book.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-00-53-35.png

I know it was because it was long  game 

Edited by MacGuy
Please refer to the Forum Guidelines for the rule against getting around prohibited words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 11:21 PM, MacGuy said:

Parking Alert: see post below.

Booster Club Tailgate Party before the game.

Game 2 - Knoxville leads the series, 1-0.
Pensacola faces elimination tonight.

Ice Flyers vs. Ice Bears
7:35 ET Game time @ the Civic Coliseum
Coach's Corner: 6:20 in the Exhibition Hall
SPHL Scoreboard
Pre-Game Notes
GAME LIVE
Live Gamesheet

Knoxville Twitter
Live video on Neulion ($7.99)
Live audio on Fox Sports Radio Knoxville

Purple & White Jersey Auction immediately after the game.

DabpFpoU0AA3i_e.jpg:large

 

Why was the auction so late 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Here you go, screenshot straight from the record book.

Yeah, missed it by like 2 and a half minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FlyersFan17 said:

Why was the auction so late 

The game only went into triple overtime and didn't finish until around 1 am est.  Game was over 5 hours long.  Just barely missed the record by a couple minutes.  Did they have to bring oxygen out for Kevin Swider? :yikes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no auction. They postponed it until a later date. Good thing we won, so there will be a later date.

Swider was fine. Saw him shaking his head frequently coming back to the bench. Probably due to being reminded of what colossal idiots ref's like Zalcman, and apparently Fleming, can be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd round scenario based on regular season standings (1st round challengers listed as primary):
 
If Macon (2) and Huntsville (3) win, Knoxville (4) gets Peoria (1).
If Macon (2) wins and Huntsville loses to Mississippi (4), Knoxville (3) gets Macon.
If Macon loses to Evansville (4) and Huntsville (2) wins, Knoxville (3) gets Huntsville.
If Macon loses to Evansville (3) and Huntsville loses to Mississippi (4), Knoxville (2) gets Evansville.

Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the rally handkerchiefs were underwhelming...much like the frugality of the team operations...  :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

The game only went into triple overtime and didn't finish until around 1 am est.  Game was over 5 hours long.  Just barely missed the record by a couple minutes.  Did they have to bring oxygen out for Kevin Swider? :yikes:

What I mean is why did they do II during  the playoffs instead at the end of season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FlyersFan17 said:

What I mean is why did they do II during  the playoffs instead at the end of season 

I think because it's the end of season jerseys they wore all year.  The player picks one of the two he wants to keep and they auction the other one off.  I'm not 100% sure about it either, unless they got new jerseys to finish out the playoffs.  That's the only thing I can think of.  No point in guys all having mismatched jerseys.  They could just be auctioning them off now and people don't receive them until the season is over.  Mac should know the answer.  Seems to me they just waited until the last game they possibly could have before getting eliminated.  Now they can postpone it til later because they will have atleast one more home game. :2thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShaunS said:

That's one heck of a way to win. Congrats Knoxville!

I'm lobbying the League offices for a Knoxville vs. Peoria 2nd round pairing to commence in PEO this afternoon. Y'all're late for the bus, Bear-Boyz. :hockey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I think because it's the end of season jerseys they wore all year.  The player picks one of the two he wants to keep and they auction the other one off.  I'm not 100% sure about it either, unless they got new jerseys to finish out the playoffs.  That's the only thing I can think of.  No point in guys all having mismatched jerseys.  They could just be auctioning them off now and people don't receive them until the season is over.  Mac should know the answer.  Seems to me they just waited until the last game they possibly could have before getting eliminated.  Now they can postpone it til later because they will have atleast one more home game. :2thumbsup:

They postponed it because 2/3 of the arena had departed by the time the game ended.  The viable number of auction participants was going to limit the prices significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×