Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Challenge Round GDT - PEN @ KNX - Saturday

42 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Speedracer said:

I heard the rally handkerchiefs were underwhelming...much like the frugality of the team operations...  :whistle:

Could you share a picture of an exciting handkerchief/towel that has been distributed anywhere?

9 hours ago, Greg81102 said:
10 hours ago, FlyersFan17 said:

What I mean is why did they do II during  the playoffs instead at the end of season 

I think because it's the end of season jerseys they wore all year.  The player picks one of the two he wants to keep and they auction the other one off.  I'm not 100% sure about it either, unless they got new jerseys to finish out the playoffs.  That's the only thing I can think of.  No point in guys all having mismatched jerseys.  They could just be auctioning them off now and people don't receive them until the season is over.  Mac should know the answer.  Seems to me they just waited until the last game they possibly could have before getting eliminated.  Now they can postpone it til later because they will have atleast one more home game. :2thumbsup:

Exactly so. If you think about it, during the playoffs, you never know when your last home game might be - just ask Pensacola. So they scheduled the regular season jersey auction for the last guaranteed home game - which for us was last night. The understanding is, the auction winners don't get to take possession of the jersey they won until after the Ice Bears are done with them - after their last playoff game, whenever that is - frequently at the end-of-season party. But, more to your question, the time after the last regular season game is always devoted to fan appreciation and player autographs - so, no time for a jersey auction then.

Awards Earned

46 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Could you share a picture of an exciting handkerchief/towel that has been distributed anywhere?

Here you are, in all it's glory - shown in front of 2-liter of Vernor's for size.

This actually makes it seem bigger than it is. Seeing the fans waive them reminded me of Victorian ladies waiving their kerchiefs. Then picture Jeremy, our king-sized security guard that dances during "Sweet Caroline," waving one while he directed the audience.

JerseyTowel.jpg

Awards Earned

11 hours ago, ShaunS said:

What a battle going on here. 

11 hours ago, ShaunS said:

That's one heck of a way to win. Congrats Knoxville!

You ain't kidding. At that point, you start hating the idea that the game-winning goal will come because somebody on the other team made a mistake because they were so tired from playing nearly 2 games in a row. But that didn't happen. Instead, we managed to capitalize on one of the intense goal crease battles that happened at both ends of the ice.

And, might I add, awesome crowd for Playoffs hockey in Knoxville with 3,718 reported.

Awards Earned

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

I'm lobbying the League offices for a Knoxville vs. Peoria 2nd round pairing to commence in PEO this afternoon. Y'all're late for the bus, Bear-Boyz. :hockey:

Keep your shirt on. We'll let Huntsville or Evansville soften y'all up a bit first. And then wait until you have no ice availability at the Civic Center the next week.

Awards Earned

38 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

And then wait until you have no ice availability at the Civic Center the next week.

But they'll always have Carver

Awards Earned

46 minutes ago, FlyersFan17 said:

How much did swiders Jersey go for 

They didn't even get a starting bid on it.  Crazy!

45 minutes ago, FlyersFan17 said:

How much did swiders Jersey go for 

Did you overlook the previous posts?

13 hours ago, MacGuy said:

There was no auction. They postponed it until a later date. Good thing we won, so there will be a later date.

4 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

They postponed it because 2/3 of the arena had departed by the time the game ended.  The viable number of auction participants was going to limit the prices significantly.

Awards Earned

3 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Here you are, in all it's glory - shown in front of 2-liter of Vernor's for size.

This actually makes it seem bigger than it is. Seeing the fans waive them reminded me of Victorian ladies waiving their kerchiefs. Then picture Jeremy, our king-sized security guard that dances during "Sweet Caroline," waving one while he directed the audience.

JerseyTowel.jpg

Mac, I know what they gave out.  The poster was insulting these free towels/handkerchiefs.  I was just curious what would make a free towel at a game more exciting.  I've received many of these types of handouts, and none of them exceed expectations.  I would just like to see these exciting and fabulous free towels that caused the derision from the poster.

14 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Here you go, screenshot straight from the record book.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-00-53-35.png

And from the game sheet (via pointstreak) of that game (some familiar names still playing) and now assistant coach Kallechy was the goalie for the Havoc:

Louisiana
# NAME G A PTS +/- S PIM
1 Lindoff, Breton 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 Brown, Greg 0 0 0 -1 1 2
4 Byczynski, Clark 0 0 0 -1 4 2
5 Lyon, Tyler 0 0 0 0 2 0
6 Duplantis, Josh 0 0 0 0 0 4
7 McNeil, Shawn 0 0 0 -1 8 0
10 Carre, Marc Andre 0 0 0 -1 2 2
11 Cydell, Weston 1 0 1 +1 1 0
14 Boyer, Jeremy 0 0 0 +1 4 0
15 Robertson, Matt 0 2 2 +2 9 0
19 Miller, Matt 0 1 1 +1 10 2
20 Short, Robert 0 0 0 +2 8 0
26 Zubko, Cody 0 0 0 0 0 0
27 Foreman, Jordan 0 0 0 +1 1 0
28 Lawrance, Rob 0 0 0 0 2 0
35 Carlson, Dustin 0 0 0 0 0 0
74 Byczynski, Kirk 0 0 0 +2 5 6
81 Ofukany, Troy 1 0 1 0 5 0
Huntsville
# NAME G A PTS +/- S PIM
1 Niedert, Nick 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 DAgostino, Paul 0 0 0 -1 0 0
4 Smyth, Matt J. 1 0 1 0 4 0
5 McClure, Lee 0 0 0 0 0 2
6 Fidler, Leland 0 0 0 -1 1 0
7 Stefan, Stuart 0 1 1 0 2 0
8 Cannata, Sam 0 0 0 -1 1 0
10 Boots, Ian 0 0 0 0 6 4
16 McGill, Aaron 0 0 0 -1 4 0
19 Fox, Justin 0 1 1 0 6 0
22 Lazorko, Nick 0 0 0 0 6 2
24 Gurtler, Mike 0 0 0 -1 4 0
26 Battaglia, Anthony 0 0 0 0 5 0
35 Kallechy, Jesse 0 0 0 0 0 0
44 Fulton, Corey 0 0 0 0 1 0
67 Baker, Bill 0 0 0 0 2 0
82 Cseter, Justin 0 0 0 0 2 0

GOALIES

Louisiana
NAME DEC Min SHOTS SAVES
35 Dustin Carlson WIN 110:20 44 43
1 Breton Lindoff (b)        
Huntsville
NAME DEC Min SHOTS SAVES
35 Jesse Kallechy LOSS 111:20 62 60
1 Nick Niedert (b)        

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Did you overlook the previous posts?

Yes

22 minutes ago, FlyersFan17 said:

Yes

Apparently you did.

14 hours ago, MacGuy said:

There was no auction. They postponed it until a later date.

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Mac, I know what they gave out. 

Sorry, I misread what you asked. And I figured others might get a chuckle out of it.

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

Sorry, I misread what you asked. And I figured others might get a chuckle out of it.

I wanted to defend team management on this one.  The poster took a shot at them over some perceived cheap budget issue.  They deserve many of the shots they take, but this didn't seem like a fair one to me.  I wanted to be defensive of them in this case.  That thing may not be great, but dang, it was free.  They could hand out Dried Bear Poop from the Smoky Mountains, with or without sound, and it doesn't seem like something to complain about, you know, because it was free.  You can just walk by the people handing them out and say "no thanks", and everyone is happy and got full value for their evening still.

My guess is that they went with whatever they could get based on the contribution from the sponsor.  In their defense, anything much bigger amd people start getting smacked in the face by their neighbor.

Awards Earned

True dat. I seem to recall that very thing happening a few years ago.

Awards Earned