Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Goonhunter4mksmen

New Coach and staff please!

Honestly, coming in after a terrible season can be seen as a good thing: you have nowhere to go but up. It would be a great opportunity for a proven coach or a rookie coach to improve the results.

The odds are very small that the ownership goes through 3 coaches again next season....I think whoever gets the job will have plenty of time to recruit and get the team winning on the ice.

9 hours ago, fred said:

How much do you think it would cost to convince a proven coach to take the job?

That's a good question and I don't know the answer.

2 hours ago, jbgentry said:

Honestly, coming in after a terrible season can be seen as a good thing: you have nowhere to go but up. It would be a great opportunity for a proven coach or a rookie coach to improve the results.

The odds are very small that the ownership goes through 3 coaches again next season....I think whoever gets the job will have plenty of time to recruit and get the team winning on the ice.

Don't you think a proven coach would have an option better than the worst team in what is about the lowest level of Pro hockey?

I think they should give John a chance for a full season To coach before they find a other coach 

• Haha 2

Ill take the job and show you three things. ..

1. A winning team

2. Agreesive and physical players that want to win.

3. Attendance quadrupled. Not none of this fake news doodie of 4218 prople. I call BS on that!

2 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

I'm up for the job!

1 hour ago, Goonhunter4mksmen said:

Ill take the job and show you three things. ..

1. A winning team

2. Agreesive and physical players that want to win.

3. Attendance quadrupled. Not none of this fake news doodie of 4218 prople. I call BS on that!

Your qualifications to be a pro hockey head coach, please. Submit your resume to the Marksmen office. 

The Marksmen President /COO job is still available and the qualifications are listed on the SPHL website.  If/When the owners fill this position they will likely give him/her the leeway to run the day-day operations including hiring a coach.  

I'm hoping they make a phone call to DiSantis to offer him the coaching job.

I think you're about 3 months behind the rest of the pack...

Wasn't Mike Craigen rumored to be the next head coach?

20 minutes ago, kittrellrunner said:

I believe BoomBoom Bechard would be a great fit.He always puts a good team on the ice.

Thought he was up to his neck in "getting hockey back in Columbus"?

It's about time for the Asst. coach in Macon, Leo Thomas to get a shot at a head coaching position.  10+ years as a pro player at multiple levels including 4 years in the SP.  Two years as an Asst. with a successful Macon team.  I don't know if the Marksmen will change coaches again but if they do they should interview Thomas if he is interested in moving up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

It's about time for the Asst. coach in Macon, Leo Thomas to get a shot at a head coaching position.  10+ years as a pro player at multiple levels including 4 years in the SP.  Two years as an Asst. with a successful Macon team.  I don't know if the Marksmen will change coaches again but if they do they should interview Thomas if he is interested in moving up.

Working as an agent? Pretty good referral there. :2thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

He can apply here, :2thumbsup:

http://marksmenhockey.com/team/employment/

Edited by 72Vette
  • Like 1