Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

robard

Rail Yard Dawg Feedback

Did anyone complete the google forms survey that Roanoke tweeted out?

What things would you like to see improved for next season? I’m not talking about the team I am talking about ticket packages, in game entertainment, merchandise, etc. 

• Like 1

I completed it. One big thing I recommended is that season tickets holders get free parking and making it even more enticing for fans that attend every game to purchase season tickets.

• Like 2

I completed it.  One of my suggestions was after they win that they interview the #1 star on the ice like they use to here in Roanoke.  I also see other teams in the league currently do this. Some even do it in between periods. It's a nice way for casual fans to get to know the players a little better who never get to talk or interact with them.

• Like 2

Make better use of the video board. Play funny or motivational  scenes from movies(they did it a bit toward the end of the season but not enough). Stop playing the same techno-dance songs every other stopage of play. Would love to see new bigger, brighter goal lights. Lastly, play Chelsea Dagger correctly after a goal or find a new goal song.  

• Like 1

My biggest suggestion was hot water in the restrooms.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vicvegas said:

My biggest suggestion was hot water in the restrooms.

lmao. I hate those things.  Never even have time to wash your hands together with soap before it cuts off on you. :2thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

The moral of this lesson is: don't pee on your hands! :2thumbsup: lmao

Nor on anyone else's.  :dontgetit:

34 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

You won't, if both you and anyone else is doing :2thumbsup:- all hands are out of the way! lmao

Depends on your neighbor's range.  :hmm:

On 4/18/2018 at 2:33 PM, Greg81102 said:

I completed it.  One of my suggestions was after they win that they interview the #1 star on the ice like they use to here in Roanoke.  I also see other teams in the league currently do this. Some even do it in between periods. It's a nice way for casual fans to get to know the players a little better who never get to talk or interact with them.

Evansville has been doing interviews between the periods. I could probably take it or leave it. Sometimes they have some funny conversations though, so it's a good "no-cost" way to insert some interaction.

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Depends on your neighbor's range.  :hmm:

They put target range with bullseyes in our urinals to help us out with aiming.  Thought it might be because everyone was missing,:2thumbsup:. But one of our sponsors was a shooting range so I figured that was the reason.

45 minutes ago, ShaunS said:

Evansville has been doing interviews between the periods. I could probably take it or leave it. Sometimes they have some funny conversations though, so it's a good "no-cost" way to insert some interaction.

I mostly say for the end of the game.  I wouldn't want to interfere with in between period talks with players and coaches.  We use to only do it when we won.  I can also see being pissed off after a loss and not wanting to do an interview.  That's why I just said post game win interviews.

Just my opinion, get rid of Sweet Caroline in between 2nd and 3rd period. Yuck!

16 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Just my opinion, get rid of Sweet Caroline in between 2nd and 3rd period. Yuck!

agree 1000000000000000%

17 hours ago, ShaunS said:

If 5% of the people in attendance actually pay attention to those interviews, I'd be surprised.  Hard enough to keep folks' attention during play.  :dontgetit:

Hello everyone!

I have been a season ticket holder for the last two years. I think overall the team does a good job but I do see some areas that need improving. I would like to see more exclusive things for season ticket holders and I wish the team did more interviews and things for fans to get to know the players more!

24 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Hello everyone!

I have been a season ticket holder for the last two years. I think overall the team does a good job but I do see some areas that need improving. I would like to see more exclusive things for season ticket holders and I wish the team did more interviews and things for fans to get to know the players more!

Just curious, what do you think needs to be more exclusive for season ticket holders?

2 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Just curious, what do you think needs to be more exclusive for season ticket holders?

Maybe some sort of season ticket holder events or giveaways.

3 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Maybe some sort of season ticket holder events or giveaways.

They had both this year, mostly before the season started.  Its tough to find time in the week once things get going to host such events.  

3 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

things for fans to get to know the players more!

You could join the booster club. Or maybe even better, become friends with a puck bunny- then indirectly you'll get to know the players more than you might wish to.

11 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

You could join the booster club. Or maybe even better, become friends with a puck bunny- then indirectly you'll get to know the players more than you might wish to.

I don't mean "get to know them" in that sense. I meant player interviews or player bios.

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

I don't mean "get to know them" in that sense. I meant player interviews or player bios.

Believe it or not, I did not mean "know them" in the biblical sense either. I just think you'd get to know players better if you joined the booster club- they have lots of events with the players that the average fan doesn't have access to. And if you befriended a bunny, you would get a whole heap of 411 on a player that you may or may not have wanted to know about. 

47 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Believe it or not, I did not mean "know them" in the biblical sense either. I just think you'd get to know players better if you joined the booster club- they have lots of events with the players that the average fan doesn't have access to. And if you befriended a bunny, you would get a whole heap of 411 on a player that you may or may not have wanted to know about. 

I don’t want any of that. I think it would be neat to see player interviews where the player talks about how they got their start playing hockey, favorite players, favorite color, food etc. just fun trivial information.