Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

End of Season Jersey Auction

57 posts in this topic

Anyone heard anything about the team auctioning off jerseys like they did last year?

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Canucks13 said:

Anyone heard anything about the team auctioning off jerseys like they did last year?

Looks like they heard you, Canucks!

• Like 1

Awards Earned

58 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

Looks like they heard you, Canucks!

Now lets just hope they don't get too expensive! 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:32 PM, Canucks13 said:

Now lets just hope they don't get too expensive! 

Fayetteville's jersey auction ended yesterday.  23 jersey's sold raised $5545.  That's $241 average per jersey.  The high was $600 and the low was $150 (minimum bid).

3 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Fayetteville's jersey auction ended yesterday.  23 jersey's sold raised $5545.  That's $241 average per jersey.  The high was $600 and the low was $150 (minimum bid).

How did Fayetteville conduct the auction? Was it online like Roanoke has it and similar to an ebay style auction? 

A few weeks ago Peoria had a jersey auction and you had to email in your bid. It was really hard to know whether or not you were winning. They would update it every so often but you never really knew minute to minute like ebay. I was able to get a game worn Witzel jersey from Peoria for $250.

46 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

How did Fayetteville conduct the auction? Was it online like Roanoke has it and similar to an ebay style auction? 

A few weeks ago Peoria had a jersey auction and you had to email in your bid. It was really hard to know whether or not you were winning. They would update it every so often but you never really knew minute to minute like ebay. I was able to get a game worn Witzel jersey from Peoria for $250.

15 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Canucks13, as you could see on the link Mac provided.....it shows the highest bid. Before the auction ended, the "view item" button was what you clicked to bid on the jersey, along with showing the highest bid.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

3 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Canucks13, as you could see on the link Mac provided.....it shows the highest bid. Before the auction ended, the "view item" button was what you clicked to bid on the jersey, along with showing the highest bid.

One more question, how long was the auction open for?

Also, does anyone know why some players that used to be on the team this year do not have a jersey up for auction? Are players asked if they want to keep their jerseys or something?

7 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Also, does anyone know why some players that used to be on the team this year do not have a jersey up for auction? Are players asked if they want to keep their jerseys or something?

It lasted one week....ended at 8pm Monday. I was told some players had the opportunity to take one home....but the only 2 that werent listed for Fayetteville were Hill and Fiorentino....

• Like 1

Awards Earned

10 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

It lasted one week....ended at 8pm Monday. I was told some players had the opportunity to take one home....but the only 2 that werent listed for Fayetteville were Hill and Fiorentino....

Are players given the option to donate their equipment too?

22 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Are players given the option to donate their equipment too?

This was 5 days ago (did it on April 26)....

Awards Earned

If it was me, id call the office tomorrow and see if they had any items left.

Awards Earned

3 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

This was 5 days ago (did it on April 26)....

Yeah, I knew about that and went to it. I am wondering if players donate stuff they don’t want anymore. I’ve played hockey all my life and I don’t know if I’d want to give up my equipment. 

16 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Yeah, I knew about that and went to it. I am wondering if players donate stuff they don’t want anymore. I’ve played hockey all my life and I don’t know if I’d want to give up my equipment. 

I don't think this stuff is the players personal equipment, I think this is the stuff provided by the Rail Yard Dawgs organization 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HockeyRoanoke said:

I don't think this stuff is the players personal equipment, I think this is the stuff provided by the Rail Yard Dawgs organization 

Why is it that some players have equipment in the sale but others do not?

Just now, Canucks13 said:

Why is it that some players have equipment in the sale but others do not?

Not sure, however I'm certain that the players don't buy their own gear ( Helmets, Sticks, Gloves, Etc. ) I would say some gear is kept for practice and tryouts while other stuff is liquidated to make room and help with the purchase of next years gear.  

17 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Not sure, however I'm certain that the players don't buy their own gear ( Helmets, Sticks, Gloves, Etc. ) I would say some gear is kept for practice and tryouts while other stuff is liquidated to make room and help with the purchase of next years gear.  

Makes sense, I figured they didn't buy their own but wasn't sure if they got to elect to keep it and use again.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, Canucks13 said:

Man I wish I was a Dawgs fan.....starting price is $10....

Awards Earned

On 5/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Man I wish I was a Dawgs fan.....starting price is $10....

Someone really wants the Zenzola Red jersey- up to $425

4 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Someone really wants the Zenzola Red jersey- up to $425

I hope they know its a 12 day auction......its not ending tonight....be surprised if both goalies are less that $700

Awards Earned