Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

End of Season Jersey Auction

57 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I hope they know its a 12 day auction......its not ending tonight....be surprised if both goalies are less that $700

I don't understand why it's open for so long it's going to cause the jersey prices to be overinflated. 

53 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I don't understand why it's open for so long it's going to cause the jersey prices to be overinflated. 

I believe that was gonna happen when they opened starting bids at $10.......lower starting bid gets a wider fanbase to up the bids. Where starting at $150 (like FAY) not as many people would join in.

Awards Earned

12 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I believe that was gonna happen when they opened starting bids at $10.......lower starting bid gets a wider fanbase to up the bids. Where starting at $150 (like FAY) not as many people would join in.

I thought I saw that there was a $100 minimum bid for Roanoke but I do see people bidding far less than that. I really don't like how Roanoke conducts most of their jersey auctions compared to other teams.

Bidding for each jersey will begin at $100.

You'll also notice all those auctions with less than a $100 bid say "Reserve not met."

Awards Earned

10 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

You'll also notice all those auctions with less than a $100 bid say "Reserve not met."

That must have been added recently.....Ive been clicking on the link since it started at 1pm.....up til 4:30pm (last I clicked it), "Reserve not met" wasn't listed on it.

Awards Earned

Reminder - auction ends Monday starting at 7:00. 

Although, all of the jerseys have hit the $100 reserve, there are still some very reasonably priced ones available (compared to the live auctions, anyway). 

Awards Earned

Anyone else win a jersey? Mine says that I may have won. That’s not very reassuring. 

16 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Anyone else win a jersey? Mine says that I may have won. That’s not very reassuring. 

Sounds like a standard, automated e-mail. No need to worry.

I believe e-mails are typically sent out to all bidders shortly after the close of the auction and invoices are sent out shortly afterwards.  That's the way it occurred last year, anyway.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, Roanokehockey said:

Sounds like a standard, automated e-mail. No need to worry.

I believe e-mails are typically sent out to all bidders shortly after the close of the auction and invoices are sent out shortly afterwards.  That's the way it occurred last year, anyway.

Just got the email invoice. It was just an odd way to word it! I am so used to ebay!

Understand.  I think it's just an additional layer of caution in the process.

The thing I like about these particular auctions versus Ebay is that no one can "snipe" you by waiting until the very last second to submit a bid. In this system, you have an additional 5 minutes to respond.  I can't count the number of Ebay auction I've lost by sniping.

Congratulations on your jersey, BTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards Earned

12 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

Understand.  I think it's just an additional layer of caution in the process.

The thing I like about these particular auctions versus Ebay is that no one can "snipe" you by waiting until the very last second to submit a bid. In this system, you have an additional 5 minutes to respond.  I can't count the number of Ebay auction I've lost by sniping.

Congratulations on your jersey, BTW.

I do like that no one can swoop in at the last second and take it too! My wife and I watched in suspense as the Sova jersey climbed up to $900!!

I wonder if either of Matt Zenzola's game-worns was won by a family of 4.  They could all wear it at once to a game next season.  :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards Earned

6 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

I wonder if either of Matt Zenzola's game-worns was won by a family of 4.  They could all wear it at once to a game next season.  :o

I would never want a goalie cut of a jersey regardless of how big/tall the player was! 

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

I do like that no one can swoop in at the last second and take it too! My wife and I watched in suspense as the Sova jersey climbed up to $900!!

Did you do your part in helping it climb that high?

Awards Earned

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Did you do your part in helping it climb that high?

Haha, no. My luck I’d drive the bid up and no one else would bid and I’d be stuck paying $900!

Plus I’m not mean!

Edited by Canucks13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

I would never want a goalie cut of a jersey regardless of how big/tall the player was! 

Maybe you & your wife could use it as a very stylish tent for summertime camping.  They repel water rather well, and you could turn the tie-down strap into a handy zipper pull.  :hmm:

• Haha 1

Awards Earned

7 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Maybe you & your wife could use it as a very stylish tent for summertime camping.  They repel water rather well, and you could turn the tie-down strap into a handy zipper pull.  :hmm:

That’s a good idea. Although that would be one expensive tent!

10 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

That was crazy!

Awards Earned

My son won the red Bakker jersey.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Which color?

Awards Earned

2 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Which color?

His red went for 900 and blue went for 600. 

• Like 1

I think Wetzel's red jersey went for $700 although that pales in comparison to his military jersey that went for $2,000 earlier in the year.. 

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, Roanokehockey said:

I think Wetzel's red jersey went for $700 although that pales in comparison to his military jersey that went for $2,000 earlier in the year.. 

Yeah you're right!

I can't believe that one jersey went for over $2000, that was unreal!!

4 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

2 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Yeah you're right!

I can't believe that one jersey went for over $2000, that was unreal!!

We had a goalie, Peter Skoggard, back in the '13-14 season I believe.....his Star Wars jersey went for $1,900-$2,000......hard to believe someone would fork over that much for a jersey.

Awards Earned

9 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

We had a goalie, Peter Skoggard, back in the '13-14 season I believe.....his Star Wars jersey went for $1,900-$2,000......hard to believe someone would fork over that much for a jersey.

Yeah, I wouldn't spend that much on a minor league jersey when you can game worn NHL jerseys for the same price and it a lot of cases much cheaper.

$500 is generally my limit for a jersey.