Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

End of Season Jersey Auction

6 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

I think Wetzel's red jersey went for $700 although that pales in comparison to his military jersey that went for $2,000 earlier in the year.. 

4 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Yeah you're right!

I can't believe that one jersey went for over $2000, that was unreal!!

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

We had a goalie, Peter Skoggard, back in the '13-14 season I believe.....his Star Wars jersey went for $1,900-$2,000......hard to believe someone would fork over that much for a jersey.

2 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't spend that much on a minor league jersey when you can game worn NHL jerseys for the same price and it a lot of cases much cheaper.

$500 is generally my limit for a jersey.

In the recent Central Hockey League days, fans in Rapid City consistently bid more for their team's game-worns than any other competitor.  This 2012 RC Journal story highlighted their dedication to supporting the home team.

At the jersey auction after the March 17 game, Rapid City Rush fans paid more than $1,500 on average for the St. Patrick’s Day jerseys worn by the team that night.

It was the best auction results of the entire season, according to Jodi Anderson, president of the Rapid City Rush Foundation.

The top bid clocked in at $3,700 for the jersey worn by defenseman Riley Weselowski and forward Shawn Limpright’s wasn’t far behind at $3,500.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

In the recent Central Hockey League days, fans in Rapid City consistently bid more for their team's game-worns than any other competitor.  This 2012 RC Journal story highlighted their dedication to supporting the home team.

That's crazy! I am an avid jersey collector but I have my limits! I have a hard time paying a couple hundred dollars for a Dawgs jersey sometimes. My reasoning is I don't like spending a lot of money on an OT Sports brand jersey verses spending a couple hundred bucks on a Reebok, Adidas, CCM, or Koho brand jersey. Keep in mind I am very picky when it comes to jerseys! Also keep in mind that I say all of this but have spent at least $2,000 on a few Roanoke game worn jerseys!

I have a Shawn Limpright Roanoke Express game-worn jersey that I paid $350 for. :)

Maybe they have a lot more money to spend because they have to pay people more to make them stay up north.

9 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

I think Wetzel's red jersey went for $700 although that pales in comparison to his military jersey that went for $2,000 earlier in the year.. 

His game-worn jerseys may have been wet but his name is Witzel.

3 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

That's crazy! I am an avid jersey collector but I have my limits! I have a hard time paying a couple hundred dollars for a Dawgs jersey sometimes. ... Keep in mind I am very picky when it comes to jerseys! Also keep in mind that I ... have spent at least $2,000 on a few Roanoke game worn jerseys!

I need to show your post to Mrs. JMC, whose blood pressure spikes whenever I add another jersey to my collection.  If I was a game-worn collector (I only have one of those - don't tell fred - and it was given to me), me 'n' my 185 hockey jerseys would be living in a van down by the river.  sadbye.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

I need to show your post to Mrs. JMC, whose blood pressure spikes whenever I add another jersey to my collection.  If I was a game-worn collector (I only have one of those - don't tell fred - and it was given to me), me 'n' my 185 hockey jerseys would be living in a van down by the river.  sadbye.gif

I only have a few game worn jerseys. The majority of mine are replicas. I love seaarching eBay for some unique jerseys.