Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

NHL gives Brad Marchand edict to stop licking opponents

NHL gives Brad Marchand edict to stop licking opponents

By Greg Wyshynski - ESPN

After his second incident of the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs, the NHL has issued a "cease and don't lick" edict to Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand.

Senior vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell spoke to Marchand and Bruins general manager Don Sweeney on Saturday about Marchand's actions against Tampa Bay a night earlier.

In Game 4 between the Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday night, Marchand hit forward Ryan Callahan with a low-bridge check in the second period. Callahan later shoved Marchand's face and Marchand responded by sticking out his tongue and licking Callahan.

"Well, he punched me four times in the face, so, you know, he just kept getting close," Marchand said regarding the incident.

The league says Marchand has been put on notice that his actions are unacceptable and that similar behavior in the future will be dealt with through supplemental discipline. Marchand could be fined or suspended by the NHL if he continues to lick players.

Read more at: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23414142/nhl-issues-edict-boston-bruins-forward-brad-marchand-stop-licking-opponents

There is NO place in hockey for licking. 

(Or much of what Marchand does.)

This came across my phone a couple of times and had me like wth? We have a serial licker in the league!

Therapy is in order.  And some growing up - if a 29 year-old can still do that.  :unsure:

Somebody should warn his golfing partners now that his season is over.

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

Somebody should warn his golfing partners now that his season is over.

I saw an article of his interveiw after being eliminated and he wasnt very happy with the NHL coming down on his "new tactic".