Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

John Tortorella Funniest Moments

Getting a little slow around here in the offseason, so thought i'd share this.  Thought Roanoke fans might enjoy this.  Best one is around 4:24 mark and if you don't know he's talking about the Penguins.

Posted (edited)

I have always loved Johnny Torts, my first season watching Roanoke hockey was when he was coaching the Lancers. I literally just showed this exact video to my wife a couple of weeks ago. She had never watched any hockey before we went to the first Dawgs game last season and now she is a huge fan. We were watching a playoff game and they showed a clip of Torts walking out of an interview and she thought it was hilarious so I had to educate her about Tortorella and that video was what I showed her.

Eta: She actually asked me during the part you were talking about if he was talking about the Penguins lol, so it is that obvious that someone who has only been following hockey for 2 years knows.

Edited by vicvegas
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Thought Roanoke fans might enjoy this.

Thanks for sharing that. But I'd think more than just Roanoke fans would enjoy it.

As a Canucks fan I am obligated to hate Torterella. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On 5/6/2018 at 9:26 AM, vicvegas said:

I have always loved Johnny Torts, my first season watching Roanoke hockey was when he was coaching the Lancers.

I never knew until you posted this that he coached in Roanoke. Granted, I wasn’t born when he was around. Anyway, did a quick hockeyDB search and he won a championship here. That’s a neat connection: I was first introduced to Torts in 95-96 when he coached my hometown Rochester Americans to their most recent Calder Cup.

Edited by Theoriginalalex

18 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

I never knew until you posted this that he coached in Roanoke. Granted, I wasn’t born when he was around. Anyway, did a quick hockeyDB search and he won a championship here. That’s a neat connection: I was first introduced to Torts in 95-96 when he coached my hometown Rochester Americans to their most recent Calder Cup.

You should go back in general hockey discussion forum and i posted 30 year echl interviews with henry brabham and he talks about John Tortorella getting his start in Roanoke and how he became his coach because of an injury.

19 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

Here it is.  John Tortorella is in part 3.  He was a player and a coach in Roanoke.  But watch them all it's a great interview.

17 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Here it is.  John Tortorella is in part 3.  He was a player and a coach in Roanoke.  But watch them all it's a great interview.

Great, thanks. I watched part 1 of that back when it came out but had forgotten to check again for the rest of it.

• Like 1