Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

Roanoke Hockey History

I purchased a few VHS tapes of old Roanoke Express games recently and will be converting them to a digital copy onto my computer. I will upload them to youtube once I do that. I previously commented on a post about programs. I am also in the process of scanning some as well. Are there any other pieces of Roanoke hockey history anyone can think to preserve? 

• Like 1

That would be awesome.

5 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

... Are there any other pieces of Roanoke hockey history anyone can think to preserve? 

Those source materials would seem to be a good start for your intended purpose.  Just be sure you're not infringing on any copyright protections by posting the video or printed media.  You Tube in particular has become very vigilant in detecting & flagging copyrighted materials.  I'd hate for you to spend a lot of time on uploads, only to have them rejected for content.

23 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

I purchased a few VHS tapes of old Roanoke Express games recently and will be converting them to a digital copy onto my computer. I will upload them to youtube once I do that. I previously commented on a post about programs. I am also in the process of scanning some as well. Are there any other pieces of Roanoke hockey history anyone can think to preserve? 

Which games did you get? I've seen some on Ebay for sale before. There is a lot of 9 games out there now for $19.99 look to be from different seasons. 

One was against Richmond and one against Greenville. 

Here is the first video. I am currently converting the second one.

• Like 1

Brought back some memories for sure. Recognized most of the player throughout the game looking forward to the seeing the next one you upload. Thanks

I got real excited for a second.  I thought you found a game when we had Terrence Tootoo and Vern Fiddler both on our team.  But it was in 2001-02 instead of 2000-01.  But still a great find.  Brought me back down memory lane.  Definately glad they got rid of that scoreboard.

Yeah was surprised we were playing Richmond and no fights. That years team had over 100 fighting majors with McDonald and Belza leading the way.

This isn't one that I converted but another guy on YouTube uploaded a few videos. Most of his are Toledo game but there are a few Express games.