Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

What's In A Number : McNeil Personality Not Age

Incase anyone wanted to know about what he wants to do in the future....

The league isn’t the only thing that has changed, with McNeil having to learn a whole new system in Fayetteville.

“Coming in here this season, I didn’t know anyone. The only guy I knew was Kyle (Sherrill) the Athletic Trainer, but I’ve been blown away by the changes and experience in being here this season.”

As for that sunset ride, that will have to wait a little longer for McNeil, who has no intentions of retiring just yet.

“I hope to play one or two more years and then get into coaching. Whether that is junior or professional, that remains to be seen, but I’ve always thought about it.”

It is yet to be seen if he will be protected and continue his final years playing in Fayetteville. Strange timing for this article though. A veteran with so many games would take a chunk of the team salary cap, like Sicard...which is not always a good thing. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

It is yet to be seen if he will be protected and continue his final years playing in Fayetteville. Strange timing for this article though. A veteran with so many games would take a chunk of the team salary cap, like Sicard...which is not always a good thing. Time will tell.

Maybe he'll take a pay cut to stay in Fayetteville.

:yikes:

• Haha 1

I'm not anti-McNeil, but he is a role player at best. He is good on penalty kills and he was one of the few players on the team that would actually go to the net on offense.  I believe if he comes back to Fayetteville it will be as a free agent.  As said before time will tell.  I wish him all the luck for his remaining playing time.  Just a thought - if he wants to get into coaching maybe FAY can make him a player/coach.