Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Jeremy Beirnes named new Red Wings head coach

[Former Havoc/Rail Yard Dawg - Jeremy] Beirnes named new Red Wings head coach

By Josh Aldrich - Camrose [Alberta] Canadian

There will be a new man on the bench next season for the Camrose an District Athletic Club minor midget AAA team. 

Former Camrose Kodiaks and University of Alberta-Augustana Vikings forward Jeremy Beirnes has been hired as the new coach of the CDAC Red Wings. 

"Giving back is a huge thing for me," he said. "Over the years of playing the game I have taken a lot from the game, I've had people there that have helped me develop my skills and have made me a better player." 

Beirnes has spent the past three years since graduation in the depths of the minor leagues, 2015-16 with the Huntsville Havoc in the Southern Professional Hockey League, 2016-17 with the Roanoke Rail Yard Dogs [sic] in the SPHL, and 2017-18 with the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL. His reputation as an energy player who had his teammates' back followed him to the minors, and his dance card was always full. Last year he dropped the mitts 21 times, according to www.hockeyfigths.com, in 2016-17 he fought eight times  in 16 games and the year before that he fought 31 times in 53 contests and amassed 275 penalty minutes. 

Read more at: http://www.camrosecanadian.com/2018/05/18/beirnes-named-new-red-wings-head-coach

• Like 1

He didn't play in the F(P)HL!!!

"Beirnes has spent the past three years since graduation in the depths of the minor leagues, 2015-16 with the Huntsville Havoc in the Southern Professional Hockey League, 2016-17 with the Roanoke Rail Yard Dogs [sic] in the SPHL, and 2017-18 with the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL."

21 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

He didn't play in the F(P)HL!!!

"Beirnes has spent the past three years since graduation in the depths of the minor leagues ..."

The author didn't say how deep.