Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Isn’t there a lot of corn around there? What about Ice Huskers? Lol

• Like 1

The strongest influence in the region appears to be the Rock and Mississippi rivers.

Perhaps the "Great River-men"?

11 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

The strongest influence in the region appears to be the Rock and Mississippi rivers.

They have a single A baseball team that's named the River Bandits

The Quad Cities have their own comic book super hero - Wild Dog. And he wears a hockey goalie mask! Sounds like a done deal.

Wild-Dog.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

How about Quakers? (Credit to a certain Bulls fan on FB).

I like the Quackers.  Can keep the duck theme going as well.  Or what you said but i'd just say the Quakes instead of Quakers.  In today's time Quakers might offend people

2 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I like the Quackers.  Can keep the duck theme going as well.  Or what you said but i'd just say the Quakes instead of Quakers.  In today's time Quakers might offend people

I think he might of meant duck quack.....sorry, believe I need better autocorrect.....

27 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Methinks JMC-STL and other Peoria fans believe they already have the "great Rivermen". :2thumbsup: lmao

9 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Methinks JMC-STL and other Peoria fans believe they already have the "great Rivermen". :2thumbsup: lmao

They seem to be pretty great until they reach the finals.......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Actually, the strongest influence in the Quad Cities - socially & economically - is John Deere.  I doubt the new owners are considering "The Combines" or "The Tractors."  But in keeping with the relocated hockey franchise's heritage, Deere & Company does have a line of Gator™ Utility Vehicles:hmm:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Speedracer said:

... I thought Black Hawks would be the most suitable, but not sure if a certain NHL team would approve...

"Black Hawks" (two words) is the name of the USHL team in Waterloo, Iowa.  So the name would be facing that potential legal challenge as well.

I was thinking Cyclones and Riverhawks, but they've been used in this league by McBob's teams in Pee Dee, W/S, and Augusta.

Quad City Cyclones has a good ring to it, though...

3 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Quilters....I kid...I joke

My wife would like that.  :)

32 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Actually, the strongest influence in the Quad Cities - socially & economically - is John Deere.  I doubt the new owners are considering "The Combines" or "The Tractors."  But in keeping with the relocated hockey franchise's heritage, Deere & Company does have a line of Gator™ Utility Vehicles:hmm:

IceDeer it is, then.

There Indoor football team is named Steamwheelers. Ice wheelers?

22 minutes ago, Bullsman said:

There Indoor football team is named Steamwheelers. Ice wheelers?

There's a long-time QC Mallards fan who sat in their arena's upper tier on the end of the ice the home team defended twice who would repeatedly holler: "Wheel, wheel wheel!" as their defensemen started their advance of the puck from around the net.  So maybe your suggestion is worth considering, for old times' sake.  :hockey:

9 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

There's a long-time QC Mallards fan who sat in their arena's upper tier on the end of the ice the home team defended twice who would repeatedly holler: "Wheel, wheel wheel!" as their defensemen started their advance of the puck from around the net.  So maybe your suggestion is worth considering, for old times' sake.  :hockey:

Since farming and agriculture are a big influence in the area, maybe they should be hollerin' 

30 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Riverkings?

I'm sure QC will do the same as Birmingham did last year (Columbus).....sign a few guys from a team that is no more....could see the Quad City Riverkings.....