Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2018-19 Marksmen Player Signings\Trades\Pre-Season Roster

Posted (edited)

Green - Re-Signed

Red - Not Returning\Attending other Training Camp

Orange - Traded

Blue - Vet*

*By SPHL definition, Vets are players who have 224 or more professional games played. Each team is allowed up to 3 vets on their roster. All 3 vets have to have a combined total of less than 900 games played.

Protected List

G, Kent Patterson - Retired [Goalie Coach Waterloo (USHL)]

DBrad Campagna

DAndrew DeBrincat - Signed with Cincinnati (ECHL)\Invited to Rockford TC (AHL)

DTyler Palmer - Signed with Worchester (ECHL)

DCarl Greco

D\FTravis Jeke

D\FLudlow Harris Jr. - ??, Signed with QC (SPHL)

FJake Hauswirth 

F, Darren McCormick

FJamie Hill

FJake Wood - Signed with Brampton (ECHL)

FNick Miglio - Signed with Selber Wölfe (Germany3)

FMax Cook - Re-Signed with Norfolk (ECHL)

Unprotected Players

G, Benjamin Halford

G, Patrick Spano - Signed with Chambréy (France2)

DChris Kravtchouk (SUS) - Signed PTA with Quad City (SPHL)

DBenjamin Bauer

DCody Walsh

D\FBryan Dallaire (SUS)

D\FAndrew Doyle

FMitchell Mueller (SUS) - Signed with Quad City (SPHL)

FPaul Russell - Sitting out this season

FAnthony Flaherty - Sitting out this season

FTommy Fiorentino - Retired (Took Assistant Coaching Job at Hobart College)

FTommy Mahoney - Signed with Peoria (SPHL)

FKyle McNeil - Signed with Knoxville (SPHL)

FJohn Schiavo

FBrad Drobot - Signed with Knoxville (SPHL)

New Players

FMichael Casale - Salem St College (NCAA III)

FNolan Sheeran - Canisius College (NCAA)

G, Dillon Kelley - Adrian College (NCAA III)

G, Jason Pucciarelli - Salem St College (NCAA III)

FTaylor Pryce - Former SPHL Teams : PEN, MRK (17-18)

FShane Bennett - Former SPHL Teams : FAY, MRK (17-18)

DSean Kacerosky - SUNY-Potsdam (NCAA III)

FDavid Mazurek - Former SPHL Team : PEN (17-18)

DFélix Boucher - Toulouse-Blagnac (France3)

FAnthony Petrella  - Endicott College (NCAA III)

FDerek Makimaa - Salem St College (NCAA III)

FTim Kielich  - SUNY-Brockport (NCAA III), Adirondack (ECHL) (2 gp)

FPaul Fregeau - Former SPHL Team : ROA (4 gp), Watertown Wolves (FHL) (9 gp), SUNY-Cortland (NCAA III)

DBryce Martin - Coburg Cougars (OJHL)\Aurora Tigers (OJHL), Niagara Whalers [(GMHL) (2 gp, 1G, 3A) (18-19)]

G, Alex Murray - American International College (NCAA)

2018-19 Marksmen Training Camp

Goalies

Dillon Kelley. (R)

Jason Pucciarelli (R)

Alex Murray (R)

Defensemen

#44 Brad Campagna

Sean Kacerosky (R)

#16 Carl Greco

Félix Boucher

Bryce Martin (R)

Forwards

#19 Jake Hauswirth (V\468)

#17 Darren McCormick

Michael Casale (R)

Nolan Sheeran (R)  - Signed with Adirondack (ECHL)

#18 Jamie Hill

Taylor Pryce

Shane Bennett

David Mazurek

Anthony Petrella (R

Derek Makimaa (R)

Tim Kielich (R)

Paul Fregeau (R)

Edited by RapidFire19
Updated
  • Like 1

Jake Hauswirth first Marksmen player signed for next season

Thomas Pope - The Observer

Fayetteville’s captain, coming off his best season, has been an All-SPHL player the past two years.

There won’t be a lot of familiar faces on the roster when the Fayetteville Marksmen take the ice in October.

One of the returners, though, will be the team’s first signee for next season, and with good reason.

Jake Hauswirth, the team’s captain in 2017-18, led the team in scoring last season and shared third among Southern Professional Hockey League scorers with a career-best 65 points. Hauswirth, a 6-foot-4 native of Merrill, Wis., be entering his 10th pro season when the Marksmen open camp this fall.

Read more at: http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20180622/jake-hauswirth-first-marksmen-player-signed-for-next-season

• Like 1

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – After bringing back professional hockey journeyman and team-leading point scorer Jake Hauswirth last season for his third season in Fayetteville, the Fayetteville Marksmen professional hockey club is pleased to announce their second player for the coming season.

Darren McCormick is heading into just his third year of professional hockey, with two call-ups to the ECHL, but the SUNY-Cortland alum is returning to Fayetteville for his first full season.

McCormick, 25-year-old Left Wing, joined the Marksmen last season after being acquired via trade from the Macon Mayhem. Though he only spent four games in the black and orange, he had three assists for the team, finishing his Southern Professional Hockey League point total for last year with 36 points (22 goals, 14 assists).

After his four games with the Marksmen, McCormick finished the 2017-18 season playing five games for the Cincinnati Cyclones.

First-year Head Coach Jesse Kallechy, who was an assistant coach with McCormick’s first SPHL team in the Huntsville Havoc, spoke highly of him.

“I’m very happy to get Darren back in a Marksmen uniform. He is the type of player who will help carry our offense every night.” said Kallechy “We are looking forward to him taking on more roles this season, and I believe he will be a good mentor for our young players.”

For McCormick, returning to Fayetteville was the perfect fit.

“I’m just really excited and thankful for the opportunity. I played for Jesse for a short stint after my college career, and he taught me what it means to be a pro. He’s a great guy, and I learned a lot in my short time with Huntsville [2016-17 season],” said McCormick “There’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll be a great head coach. “

He went on, continuing to praise how the franchise is operated, and its affect on his decision.

“You have an owner who is really invested. All the work he is putting into the rink is incredible. He’s someone that’s definitely driven, and wants to be the best at everything,” said McCormick “It just makes me want to be part of the organization even more.”

Of course, McCormick couldn’t leave out the Marksmen fans.

“Top that off with the most passionate fans in the league, my decision was pretty easy.”

Aside from his hard-work and dedication on the ice for the Marksmen this coming season, McCormick will be working alongside Director of Media Relations Shawn Bednard in the creation of motion graphics and videos for the Jumbotron inside the Crown Coliseum, to help assist in creating the SPHL’s best in-arena experience. McCormick handled such duties while playing at SUNY-Cortland in his collegiate career.

The Fayetteville Marksmen are excited to welcome back Darren McCormick for the 2018-19 season, and look forward to him being the bedrock of what promises to be an exciting season of hockey in Cape Fear. The 2018-19 Marksmen Home Opener is October 19th, and Season Tickets are on sale now.

• Like 1

Marksmen sign Michael Casale

By Thomas Pope - The Observer

The Fayetteville Marksmen have signed Michael Casale, a product of Salem State, to a 2018-19 Southern Professional Hockey League contract.

Casale led the Vikings with 14 goals this past season and added seven assists. His best season came as a sophomore, when he scored 16 goals and seven assists for 23 points in a 23-game season.

Casale is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward out of Stoney Creek, Ontario. He was the captain of the NCAA Div. III Vikings the past two seasons.

“He’s a guy that not only have the people I’ve talked to about him said really good things about him as a player but also as a person,” said new Marksmen coach Jesse Kallechy. “That’s something I’m really focusing on, really trying to bring good people to Fayetteville. If you’ve got a guy who’s a good person and a good teammate in the locker room, the on-ice portion will usually take care of itself.

“He’s supposed to be a talented forward who can play either side. From everything I’ve been told and from talking to him, he’s a guy who creates things with his hard work. He’s good enough to play with skilled players but also can fit in with grittier guys on the third line.

“He’s a guy who’s really excited to come to Fayetteville and that excites me. Like myself, I’m excited to be a part of it, and I want to be around guys who realize that it’s a privilege to live and play in Fayetteville.”

The Marksmen plan to release their home schedule Friday.

th?id=OIP.Mz4sV7PdBYwzg9ZWo9-iaAHaG8

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – With two veterans and a rookie player announced to start our roster, we are excited to even that demographic up by welcoming aboard four-year NCAA Division 1 alum, Nolan Sheeran.

Sheeran, a 24-year-old forward from East Amherst, New York, gets his first shot in professional hockey with the Fayetteville Marksmen.

The Ontario Junior Hockey League’s Buffalo Jr. Sabres took a well-performing young player and developed Sheeran into a junior star, finding his way to 102 points in 116 games played in the touted league.

The OJHL graduate transitioned to the college game, and four years later turned into Canisius College hockey alumni.

Sheeran joins the Marksmen after an NCAA career of 24 points in 120 games played. In his college career with the Golden Griffins in the Atlantic Hockey Association, Canisius claimed a regular season conference title in the 2016-17 season.

Playing at such a high-level in his junior and college hockey career, the prospect of joining the premier “A” hockey league in the SPHL, and with an up-and-coming Marksmen team was exactly what he wanted.

“It’s an honor to have signed my first pro contract with the Marksmen. I’m thrilled to be moving forward with my career with such a high class organization,” said Sheeran “Talking to Coach Kallechy has been great, and it’s clear to see that we share a similar passion and outlook on the game.

The Marksmen are headed in the right direction, and I am excited to get involved both on and off the ice with the city of Fayetteville.”

Head Coach Jesse Kallechy saw the high-level of play that Sheeran was groomed under in the OJHL and NCAA, and enjoys his potential.

“Nolan is a player who will bring a lot of skill and effort to our lineup,” said Kallechy “He is a player who played Division 1 college hockey for four years, and we are eager to get him here and see how he develops as a pro.”

Professional hockey is in Sheeran’s blood, as his cousins Brendan and Reilly Smith are both NHL players.

The Fayetteville Marksmen are excited to welcome home Nolan Sheeran for the 2018-19 season, and look forward to him being the bedrock of what promises to be an exciting season of hockey in Cape Fear. The 2018-19 Marksmen Home Opener is October 19th against Roanoke, and Season Tickets are on sale now.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – First-year Marksmen Head Coach Jesse Kallechy is a former-SPHL goaltender, so the anticipation for the organization to announce their goaltending core for the season was high.

The former goalie didn’t disappoint, as he enlisted a strong pair of rookies to back his defense.

Dillon Kelley (NCAA D3 Adrian [MI] College) and Jason Pucciarelli (NCAA D3 Salem State University) bring with their first professional hockey contract, short-time spent already in ECHL jerseys following the end of their collegiate senior seasons.

Kelley’s career started in Reading, PA as he suited up for the Norfolk Admirals against the Reading Royals, while Pucciarelli served as a dressed backup goaltender for the Wheeling Nailers for a two-game series against the Worcester Railers.

Now, nearly half a year after their pro debuts and end of their college seasons, these two young stud goaltenders find themselves in a position where their talents will be tested immediately.

Kelley didn’t start tending the net until his freshman year of high school, a self-described late bloomer of the position at 14 years old. At 6’4″, 226 pounds, his stature certainly allowed for a quick transition, from a year of House Hockey that lead to HS Hockey, and eventually a spending time around the NA3HL and NAHL with a game in the USHL before finding his way to Adrian College. At Adrian, Kelley earned a 16-2 record in 24 games played, with a 1.71 Goals Against Average and .924 Save Percentage. Senior year was an outstanding one for Kelley, as he amassed a 7-1 record with a .949 SV% and 1.2 GAA.

“October can’t come soon enough. After talking with Coach Kallechy, I’m very excited to get the season going, and build a new culture for the incredible community of Fayetteville,” said Kelley “I think we will make a lot of noise this year.”

Coach Kallechy noted the developmental potential that Kelley has shown during his young goaltending career, and the excitement that comes with it.

“Dillon is a guy who’s passion for the game and his position is extremely contagious. He is a late bloomer to the position, however, he is a guy who has got stronger each year he has played,” said Kallechy “He has a pro-sized frame, and he is really athletic for a man his size. I think he will continue to get better and better the more game he is able to play.”

Pucciarelli is a good Ontario boy, with a long-line of high-level experience under his belt. Standing at 6″1, 185 pounds, Pucciarelli spent five years in the OJHL with 148 games played, with a 65-50 record, a 3.02 GAA and a .904 SV%. A four-year starter at Salem State, Pucciarelli finished his senior season as a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference First-Team All-Conference Goaltender, with a 10-12-4 record, 2.93 GAA, and .921 SV%. Puccirelli spent his last two seasons as a Viking playing every single game, and a save percentage above 91 percent.

“I am very excited to sign my first pro contract with the Marksmen. After speaking with Coach Kallechy, it’s clear the Marksmen are headed in the right direction,” said Pucciarelli “I am looking forward to being involved in the community, as well as bringing a championship back to Fayetteville.”

Coach Kallechy spoke highly of the talent and still-to-show potential that Pucciarelli has, especially with his high number of games played.

“Jason was a goaltender who came to us highly recommended by a number of people. We really liked the fact that he was able to play a lot of games throughout his college career, and be a calming presence for his team,” said Kallechy “He is a guy who competes hard every single day and will battle in practice to make his teammates better.”

Kelley spoke positively and excitedly of the opportunity for having two rookies come in at the same time.

“I was really excited when Coach Kallechy said he wanted to create a Vegas Golden Knights type-team. I look forward to meeting my goalie partner.”

For Coach Kallechy, it was about finding the right fit, on and off the ice, in his goaltenders.

“We are very pleased to add not only two quality goaltenders, but two quality people to our training camp roster,” said Kallechy “Peter and I are very excited to see both these guys get to camp in October and compete for a spot on our roster with all our other young talent.”

The Fayetteville Marksmen are excited to welcome home Dillon Kelley and Jason Pucciarelli for the 2018-19 season, and look forward to them being the bedrock and backstop of what promises to be an exciting season of hockey in Cape Fear. The 2018-19 Marksmen Home Opener is October 19th against Roanoke, and Season Tickets are on sale now.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – After weeks of announcing exciting new rookies to the team, the Fayetteville Marksmen professional hockey team is so excited to welcome back forward Jamie Hill to the 2018-19 roster.

A native of Glassboro, New Jersey, Hill isn’t the biggest player on the ice, but where he lacks in size, he makes up for with his speed and vision. Using his stature to his advantage, Hill isn’t afraid to muck into the corners and take the puck by whatever means necessary.

Hill, who started his Southern Professional Hockey League career last year with the Macon Mayhem and Mississippi Riverkings for 13 games, finished his inaugural season playing 38 games with Fayetteville, and amounting a total of 33 points (18G+15A).

A former Waterloo Black Hawk (USHL) and University of New Hampshire alum, Hill’s experience contributing at high-levels makes him the perfect returnee for first-year Head Coach Jesse Kallechy’s squad.

“Jamie is a player who we were happy to bring back this season. He has developed his game playing in some very prestigious programs over the years, and we expect him to share that experience with our young core of players,” said Kallechy “He is very talented offensively, using his speed and skill to create space for his teammates. He will be a big catalyst for our offense this season, but we also expect him to round out his game and be one of our best 200-foot players as well.”

For Hill, the chance to return to an upstart franchise in his second-professional year is an exciting opportunity.

“I am excited to be back in a Marksmen jersey this season, and definitely anxious to get back at it after the season we had last year. Coach Kallechy and Worrell are just as hungry as the players to get the season rolling here. They want to win and that’s what this team needs – two leaders that want to win just as bad as the players do,” said Hill “Entering my second season, I have high expectations for myself and this team…We will be a playoff contender, and we will make some noise this upcoming season.”

With a mix of talented-Veterans and high-potential Rookies, the 2018-19 Marksmen team is truly looking to hold to Hill’s word of making some noise.

The Fayetteville Marksmen are excited to welcome back Jamie Hill for the 2018-19 season, and look forward to him being the bedrock of what promises to be an exciting season of hockey in Cape Fear. The 2018-19 Marksmen Home Opener is October 19thagainst the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, and Season Tickets are on sale now.

Marksmen bringing back No.2 scorer Jamie Hill

By Thomas Pope - The Observer

The first player new Fayetteville Marksmen coach Jesse Kallechy signed was the 2017-18 team’s leading scorer, Jake Hauswirth.

He’s now added the team’s No. 2 scorer, Jamie Hill, who scored 33 points last season as a first-year pro.

“You look at where he’s played his whole hockey career — the USHL, a really accomplished school at the University of New Hampshire — he’s been extremely effective,” Kallechy said. “His offense is going to take care of itself. The conversations I’ve had with him is that we need him to take the next step in his 200-foot game and be a guy out there whether we’re up a goal or down a goal late in a game, and in key situations on the penalty kill.

“That’s the next step for Jamie, and we’re excited to help him get there.”

Hill said he’s been working hard to become a better pro. He’s spent part of the summer at home playing “with a bunch of guys who play in the ECHL,” the next step above the Marksmen’s Southern Professional Hockey League level, and with his best friend, Johnny Gaudreau, who is a nearly point-per-game scorer in his four-year career with the NHL’s Calgary Flames. Hill said it was Gaudreau’s father who taught him to skate at age 3.

Read more at: http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20180727/marksmen-bringing-back-no2-scorer-jamie-hill

41 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

If by second year player they mean this coming year will be the second year that rules out Tedesco. He played 2 games in the E in 2016/17. So technically this would be his 3rd pro season (I think?). It would be great if it was Tedesco.  It wouldn't surprise me to see Tedesco sign in the E to start the season this year.

For me the 3 possibles I can think of are Jake Schultz (if so, we have our new enforcer), Mark Whiteley and Krisnap Bazevics.  All 3 are D-men.  I'll rule out Whiteley as he only played 11 games for MRK which doesn't fit the clue of "probably spent most of last season Walkin' in Memphis."  Other possibles from the clue could be Tayloro Pryce or a couple of other players MRK waived during the course of the season.

Saw the ghost of Elvis
On Union Avenue
Followed him up to the gates of Graceland
Then I watched him walk right through

If they play a few games after finishing college its not considered a year.  They are still considered rookies the next year so if i'm not mistaken it would be considered 2nd year player.  Its highly possible Tedesco and Schultz will be in the ECHL.  More so Schultz, he finished the year in the E with Greenville and never came back down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Tweet by Marksmen.  Looks like you got you a Riverkings player.  Only 2 second year players I can think of that are good pick ups would be Dan Tedesco or Jake Schultz.  Tweet:

This week we’ll be announcing a player new to us, NOT as new to the SPHL. This second-year player probably spent most of last season “walkin’ in Memphis”. #FearTheFox🦊https://t.co/kcNg0hDd0d

You mean this tweet? 

http://marksmenhockey.com/news/former-riverking-taylor-pryce-joins-marksmen/

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Head Coach Jesse Kallechy has wasted no time in revealing his ultimate plan for the Marksmen roster; high-level, young talent to develop into a core-group.

He continues this mission by bringing aboard second-year SPHLer Taylor Pryce.

A 25-year-old forward from Newmarket, Ontario, Pryce stands at 6’0″ and 170 pounds.

He played for the Mississippi Riverkings and some time for the Pensacola Ice Flyers in his professional hockey season, coming up with seven points (3G+4A) in 33 games played.

Previously to that, Pryce was a one-year captain and four-year player at Buffalo State College (NCAA DIII), playing in 103 games, and acquiring 89 points (37G+52A).

The opportunity to join an up-and-coming organization was too sweet to pass up for Pryce.

“The opportunity to be a part of an organization that is having a fresh start is all I could ask for,” said Pryce “I’m excited to earn my spot and compete everyday for Fayetteville, their staff, and our fans.”

Coach Kallechy spoke highly of the tangibles of Pryce, and what his addition can do for the franchise going forward.

“We are excited to add another player to out roster who has experience in our league. Taylor is a big body who skates well, and he isn’t afraid to throw his weight around,” said Kallechy “During his college career, he showed the ability to finish around the net, and we are counting on him to increase his production with more opportunity this seasoon.”

Pryce spoke in greater detail to the exact situation that lead to him joining the Marksmen, and how a recommendation from a teammate lead to his decision.

“A friend and teammate from my time with the Riverkings reached out to see what my plans were earlier this summer – right around the time I wanted to make a firm plan of where I was headed – and he asked if he could pass on my info to Coach Kallechy. That same evening, [Kallechy and I]spoke on the phone and we got to know each other’s summarized hockey path, and where I was headed into my second pro year,” said Pryce “It was the easiest decision as a hockey player that I’ve had in years. As a young coach, I saw the qualities I respect, and that he possesses within a brief thirty minute conversation. He gave me an opportunity to discuss the chance to sign for the Marksmen camp with my family and hockey mentors, but I had made up my mind immediately that I would love to play under Coach Kallechy, and be a part of the Fayetteville organization.”

The Fayetteville Marksmen are excited to welcome Taylor Pryce for the 2018-19 season, and look forward to him being the bedrock of what promises to be an exciting season of hockey in Cape Fear. The 2018-19 Marksmen Home Opener is October 19th against the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs, and Season Tickets are on sale now.

• Like 1

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Every other position has been announced this off-season for the Marksmen organization heading into training camp, except for that of the Defense.

That changes today as first-year Head Coach Jesse Kallechy officially announces the re-signing of last year’s assistant captain Brad Campagna.

At 6’2 and 205 pounds, the right-hander from Monroe, New York provides a bull on the blue line, keeping pucks in without letting opposing forwards out.

Campagna, 26, has played in Fayetteville since the 2016 Southern Professional Hockey League season. He started his professional hockey career out west with the Knoxville Ice Bears, before finding his way to the then-Fireantz for the rest of the season, and has called the All-American City home since, with one stint last season up in the ECHL with the Reading Royals.

He has played 69 games in the SPHL coming into the 2018-19 campaign, with 66 of them in Fayetteville.

Campagna is a true-blue-collar stay-at-home defensemen, and prefers to serve the blue line over the ever-growing hybrid forward-based-defensemen. As a testament to his defense-first focus and attitude, last season was his highest scoring of professional and collegiate career, amassing six points (3G+3A).

A true display of the defenseman’s creed; hardest efforts are not always the one on the score sheet.

For the player that has been affectionately-coined “Camper” by Marksmen fans, his hunger to right the ship in Fayetteville grows everyday closer to Opening Night.

“I am very excited to be back in Fayetteville for a third season. We have a great deal of unfinished business this year, so I’m extremely determined and confident in our new personnel to get the job done and bring a winning culture back to Fayetteville,” said Campagna “I cannot wait to be back at my second home with the best fans in the league.”

Campagna is the veteran leadership that a youth-based team like the one Coach Kallechy is crafting will require. With a bevy of young guns who have some higher-level call ups immediately following the end of their collegiate careers, it is important that they are groomed and prepared for what an entire professional hockey season can be like, physically and mentally.

With ‘Camper’ back, the Marksmen have reassembled much of their captaincy-core from last season, and look to be able to have the locker room presences to properly and effectively mold a team under the same mission.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Opening Night 2017 was the first game of professional hockey for both the Fayetteville Marksmen, and Shane Bennett. Bennett, a rookie forward at the time, was wearing the orange and black, and ready to start his career in the eastern-most city of the SPHL.

He would finish the season on the opposite side of the league map, as he would finish his rookie season with the Mississippi Riverkings.

Now, heading into his second season, he once again starts off opening night wearing the same jersey he started his career in.

Shane Bennett will return to the Marksmen as a relatively-familiar face for fans of the team; suiting up in 16 games last season for our club, he accumulated 11 points (3G+8A), and was a +4. At the end of his 2017-18 campaign, he finished just short of 40 points, as he would finish the season with 38 (17G+21A), and a total of 48 games played, including three playoff games.

For Bennett, finding his way back to Fayetteville is something he’s long-anticipated.

“I’m very excited to be rejoining the Marksmen this season! Fayetteville will always be ‘home’ for me since I started my professional career here. The fans especially are very supportive and extremely loyal, and make Fayetteville really feel like home,” said Bennett

“Coming back to Fayetteville has been an exciting aspect to me because of them, but especially since I’ll be playing with many familiar, talented guys. Growing up playing with [Darren] McCormick, and continuing to play at the college level together, we have a great chemistry out there. As well, [Taylor] Pryce and I developed a good feel for each other on the ice in Mississippi, and I can’t wait to bring it to Fayetteville for our fans. No doubt, this will be a great year, and I’m looking forward to being back!”

First-year Head Coach Jesse Kallechy was able to see Bennett play plenty last season with both the Marksmen and the Riverkings, and knew he was a player that he wanted to pursue for this season,

“We are happy to bring Shane back to Fayetteville for training camp in October. Shane is an extremely gifted offensive talent who has shown he can produce at our level,” said Kallechy “We are looking forward to working with Shane on rounding out his game away from the puck. We are excited to see him come to camp and compete with all our players for a roster in October.”

Bennett’s contributions for the Marksmen have already begun this season. Earlier this off-season, he had reached out to former Riverkings teammate Taylor Pryce about his plans heading into the next season, passed Pryce’s info on to Coach Kallechy, and eventually helped Pryce find his way into the Marksmen jersey this year.

Bennett is a native of Grand Island, New York who spent a single season at SUNY-Cortland (NCAA DIII) before joining the ranks of professional hockey. An OJHL alumni with the Buffalo Jr. Sabres and Milton Icehawks, he lit up the scoreboard with 258 points (126G+132A) in 211 games played, before doing video game numbers in his single-season in the GMHL, with 124 points (68G+56A) in 45 games played.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – First-year Head Coach Jesse Kallechy has made two things obvious in his player signings so far this off-season; size and speed.

With rookie defenseman Sean Kacerosky, Coach Kallechy feels he’s obtained both. Standing at 6’0 and 205 lbs, Kacerosky brings four years of collegiate hockey experience to the Marksmen.

The 24-year-old defenseman was born and raised in Kendall Park, New Jersey, and spent his Junior Hockey career in the Northeast with the Philadelphia Jr. Flyers (AtJHL), and as an Assistant Captain with the New York Bobcats (EHL) where he put up 27 points (12G+15A) in 42 games.

During his four-years at SUNY-Potsdam (NCAA DIII), Kacerosky saw his offensive numbers improve every season, and was a consistent leader on the blue line, eventually leading to his ranking of Captain in his final season with the Bears. Kacerosky had 21 points (6G+15A) in his 72 game career, and now finds himself on the verge of his professional hockey career with the Marksmen.

A professional hockey career that Kacerosky has been dreaming of since starting in hockey.

“I’m incredibly excited and thankful for this opportunity. Playing professional hockey is something that every kid dreams about, and joining the Marksmen is going to be a great fit. I’ve only heard great things about the fan base in Fayetteville, and what a great atmosphere there is,” said Kacerosky “Hopefully I can give the team the best chance of winning each night; whther it’s strong defensive play, blocking shots, or getting the offense started from the blue line.”

For Coach Kallechy, Kacerosky is a player who holds high potential to be a leader for a young team.

“Sean was a player we were recruiting for a while, and we’re excited to have him in camp. Everything we’ve heard about him has been positive; he’s a big body, skates hard and fast, and defends really well,” said Kallechy “We’re happy to be adding another former captain, and Sean is a guy who is ready to win. His intangibles and character are incredible.”