Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Flyers Shopping New Coach

55 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

:yikes:. I'm sure more to the story that will be forthcoming shortly.

Aldoff coming back. 100%

• Like 1

Ice Flyers part ways with Jeff Bes, look for a new coach for third consecutive year

By Bill Vilona - News Journal

For the third consecutive summer, the Pensacola Ice Flyers will search for a new coach.

In what team owner Greg Harris termed Tuesday as a "mutual decision," Jeff Bes will not return behind the bench for next season. Harris said he hopes to have a successor named quickly, possibly as soon as within a week.

"We've had some chats and at the end of the day, we decided to mutually part ways and (Bes) is looking for some other opportunities," Harris said. "We are going to press forward here and I will be making some calls pretty quick.

"Hopefully, we can have someone hired very, very quickly. It's definitely not something I want to wait too long, because we are pretty much starting recruiting season now and there's protected (player) lists that are due and the expansion draft with (newcomer) Quad City coming up. 

"So that's happening right now. I definitely want the new guy to be involved in that process."

Harris said he has not spoken to Aldoff about the chance of returning again. He said he was unaware if there would be any interest on his part. 

Read more at: https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/hockey/pensacola-ice-flyers/2018/05/29/head-coach-jeff-bes-pensacola-ice-flyers-part-ways-after-one-season/653175002/

• Like 1

All the rumors i've read are saying Derek Landmesser will be next coach.  But so far just rumors.

8 hours ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Anyone hearing if Bes might head to Quad City? That's a long way from his home in Biloxi, but you never know.

With his coaching record any good GM would Figure out he's not a good coach. Players dislike playing for him.

• Like 1