Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Marksmen Protected List

Unprotected

Patrick Spano, Benjamin Halford, Chris Kravtchouk, Bryan Dallaire, Andrew Doyle, Ben Bauer, Cody Walsh, Brad Bourke, Anthony Flaherty, Paul Russell, Mitchell Mueller, Thomas Mahoney, Tommy Fiorentino, Massimo Lamacchia, Kyle McNeil, John Schiavo, Brad Drobot

• Sad 1

Since we don't have a coach or director of hockey operations, who came up with the list?

4 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Since we don't have a coach or director of hockey operations, who came up with the list?

I would guess if a team doesnt have a coach or DOHO it would be done by the owner. Is that correct Mac, JMC?

I would imagine whoever is currently in the position to make such decisions.

The lines are often blurred between the positions of owner, gm, director and coach.

Marksmen name protected players

Observer Staff

Leading scorer Jake Hauswirth, a second-team All-Southern Professional Hockey League pick this past season, is among the 13 players whose contract rights have been protected by the Fayetteville Marksmen for the 2018-19 campaign.

Hauswirth, the team’s captain and a nine-year pro, had a career-best 39 assists and 65 points for the Marksmen, who finished last in the SPHL. His 26 goals was one off his career high set in 2016-17 for the Fayetteville FireAntz.

The team also protected its Nos. 2 and 3 scorers, Jamie Hill and Ludlow “Junior” Harris.

Players protected who finished the season in the Double-A ECHL were Max Cook, Jake Wood, Nick Miglio, Darren McCormick, Travis Jeke and Andrew DeBrincat.

Among the players left unprotected and free to sign with any SPHL team were the fourth- and fifth-leading scorers, Anthony Flaherty and Kyle McNeil. Also made available was fan favorite and enforcer Brad Drobot, who had spent the past four seasons in Fayetteville.

PROTECTED MARKSMEN

Ludlow Harris Jr., Carl Greco, Jamie Hill, Jake Hauswirth, Brad Campagna, Max Cook, Kent Patterson, Jake Wood, Nick Miglio, Darren McCormick, Travis Jeke, Andrew DeBrincat, Tyler Palmer

UNPROTECTED FROM SEASON-ENDING ROSTER

Anthony Flaherty, Kyle McNeil, Paul Russell, Tommy Fiorentino, Cody Walsh, Ben Bauer, Brad Drobot, Andrew Doyle, Thomas Mahoney, Patrick Spano, Ben Halford

Help clarify for me how the expansion draft works. Can Quad City pick any unprotected players from any team? Are those players required to report to that team? Do they then own the rights to those players for the season?

13 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

Help clarify for me how the expansion draft works. Can Quad City pick any unprotected players from any team? Are those players required to report to that team? Do they then own the rights to those players for the season?

In the expansion draft, QC can pick a max of 2 players from any one team's unprotected list. Those players aren't required to report to QC if they choose not to, but their rights are with QC for the season (unless QC wants to trade those rights). After the draft, any unprotected player is a free agent, thus free to sign with any team which wants to sign him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Larry Wampmacher.  He won Mary and Bill's Southern Chicken Hut Marksmen Coach for a Day Contest for May 29.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Whats not listed is the 3 guys that were on suspension....Kravtchouk, Dallaire, and Mueller.

I know why Mueller was put on suspension, why Kravtchouk and Dallaire?

11 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

I would guess that Jake had some input since he is the leader on this team.

1 hour ago, sportsdad said:

I know why Mueller was put on suspension, why Kravtchouk and Dallaire?

Kravtchouk quit during a road trip. Dallaire got in trouble with coach and quit.

43 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Kravtchouk quit during a road trip. Dallaire got in trouble with coach and quit.

Was that under Esposito?

23 minutes ago, sportsdad said:

Was that under Esposito?

I'm not sure.....sounds about the timeframe.

Yes, Kravtchouk quit during a road trip to Birmingham. The night before the "Miracle on Ice" night where we wore the Russian jerseys against the Bulls.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 8:44 AM, MacGuy said:

I would imagine whoever is currently in the position to make such decisions.

The lines are often blurred between the positions of owner, gm, director and coach.

Oh so true ! Especially with the Chuck Norris Travelling circus.....the man who can do it all!!!

Edited by averagejoe