Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Protected List released

Let's see how close I can get.......

Defiel, Bonar (*), Milan, Adams, Bernard, Hertz, Neil, Cousineau, Mazurek, Lepine, Vance, Haines, Bruyere

* More than likely to finally land an ECHL spot on opening night.......in that case I'd pick Weidauer.

1 hour ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Defiel, Bonar (*), Milan, Adams, Bernard, Hertz, Neil, Cousineau, Mazurek, Lepine, Vance, Haines, Bruyere

* More than likely to finally land an ECHL spot on opening night.......in that case I'd pick Weidauer.

I think Tim Boyle will be in there somewhere.

8 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Good list.  It's a tough call with Pensy because they had 7 players finish the year in the ECHL. Bonar, Bushbacher, Pompeo, Bennett, Morgan, Litchtenwald and M. Johnson.  The new coach has a lot of talent to pick from.

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Good list.  It's a tough call with Pensy because they had 7 players finish the year in the ECHL. Bonar, Bushbacher, Pompeo, Bennett, Morgan, Litchtenwald and M. Johnson.  The new coach has a lot of talent to pick from.

I forgot so many were in the E.....I'm sure some if not all those ECHL call ups will be protected. Anyways, Flyers suppose to announce at 10 am.

Pensacola Ice Flyers Announce 13-Man Protected List for 2018-19 Season

PENSACOLA, FL. (June 4, 2018) – The Pensacola Ice Flyers and Head Coach Rod Aldoff announced today the team’s 13-player protected list for the 2018-19 season.

Each team is allowed to protect 13 players who were under contract at the end of the 2017-18 season per SPHL rules. Players that are protected are not able to be selected by the Quad City franchise in the expansion draft, and are unable to be signed by any other SPHL teams. Those who are not included on the protected list are eligible to be drafted by the new franchise or are free to sign with any other SPHL team. Players who are not protected, nor drafted cannot be signed to their previous team until August 1.

The Ice Flyers’ protected players list contains eight forwards, three defensemen and two goalies. The list includes the SPHL leader in goals Jessyko Bernard as well as the leader in assists Garrett Milan.

FORWARDS
Charlie Adams – The 6’1” 195-lb. forward originally from Mahtomedi, MN played in 43 games for the Ice Flyers this past season, where he netted 20 goals and 27 assists for a total of 47 points.
Jessyko Bernard – Bernard a 6’2” 215-lb. Dalhousie, NB native, played all 56 games for the Ice Flyers this season, one of the two to do so. The 6’2 215-lb. forward lead the SPHL in goals during the regular season with 29. In addition, he assisted on 14 goals for a total of 43 points.
Josh Cousineau – From Penetang, ON the 5’10” 175-lb. forward had the most penalty minutes on the team with 79 this season. He totaled 22 points, with 9 goals and 13 assists.
Matt Johnson – Matt Johnson, a 6’1” 210-lb. forward, started the season with the ECHL Indy Fuel for 2 games before he played the first half of the season with the Ice Flyers. During his time in Pensacola, the Clinton Township, MI native played 24 games, netting 10 goals, 11 assists, for a total of 21 points. He played 29 games with the ECHL Greenville Swamp Rabbits where he had 4 assists.
Garrett Milan – Milan played three games with the ECHL Atlanta Gladiators in the middle of the season where he tallied 1 assist before returning to the Ice Flyers. The 5’8” 175-lb. forward from Whistler, BC lead the SPHL in assists and broke the Ice Flyers single season assist record with 51. He also netted 14 goals for a total of 65 points in 55 games.
Brian Morgan –  Originally from Windham, NH, Morgan spent most of his time up in the ECHL this season on loan to the Reading Royals where he played 42 games. The 6’0” 195-lb. forward tallied 9 goals and 9 assists for a total of 18 points. Before being called up, he totaled 12 points in 16 games with the Ice Flyers, 6 goals and 6 assists.
Ken Neil – Neil, a 5’9” 160-lb. forward from Clarenville, NL played 38 games with the Ice Flyers this season, where he finished with 25 points from 14 goals and 11 assists.
TJ Sarcona – After an injury in the first home game of the season left Sarcona out for two months, he played the remaining 32 games. The 5’11” 195-lb. forward from West Islip, NY tallied 6 goals and 6 assists for a total of 12 points.

DEFENSEMEN
Nathan Bruyere – From Eagle Lake, ON, the 6’4” 230-lb. defensemen played in 51 games for the Ice Flyers this season, his second with the team. He finished with 20 points from 8 goals and 12 assists.
Mark Esshaki – The 6’0” 190-lb. West Bloomfield, MI spent the beginning and end of the season with the Ice Flyers playing in 25 games. He was called up to the ECHL in December where he played six games with the Jacksonville Icemen before sustaining an injury that kept him out for a few months before he returned to the Ice Flyers. During his time with the Ice Flyers he tallied 1 goal and 6 assists for a total of 7 points.
Christian Weidauer – A native of Keswick, ON the 6’3” 190-lb. defensemen played in 31 games for the Ice Flyers this season where he tallied 8 points, 1 goal and 7 assists.

GOALIES
Brian Billett – Billett, who is from Goose Creek, SC, played in 21 games for the Ice Flyers this season, ending with a 9-7-2 record. The 6’1” 190-lb. goalie also recorded one shutout this season, in the last home game of the regular season. He had a goals against average of 2.67 and a .899 save percentage.
Sean Bonar – Bonar who is originally from Delta, BC, started off the season with the Ice Flyers, starting in net for the Ice Flyers four times before staying up in the ECHL with the Atlanta Gladiators. During his time with the Ice Flyers, the 6’1” 180-lb. goalie had a .959% save percentage with a 2.67 goals against average after winning the four games he made appearances in, two of which were shutouts.

Not protected from the post-season roster:

Tim Boyle (D)
Kyle Campbell (RW)
Kyle Haines (D
Trever Hertz (LW)
Liam Kerins (RW)
Chapen LeBlond (RW)
David Masurek (C)
Troy Vance (D)
Alex Sakellaropoulos (G)

Protected, but not on the post-season roster:

Matt Johnson (F) (ECHL)
Brian Morgan (F) (ECHL)
Sean Bonar (G) (ECHL)

23 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

12 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

11 hours ago, MacGuy said:

:hmm: I'm gonna say 7, maybe 8 (credit Weidauer), out of 13 isn't bad.......

P.S. Didnt expect Flyers to protect Billett.