Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Heard from very reliable source that Bes and the Marksmen are talking about him returning to Fayetteville!!!!

10 minutes ago, MarksmenManiac said:

Heard from very reliable source that Bes and the Marksmen are talking about him returning to Fayetteville!!!!

As much as some fans might like that, might be best.  Can't be any worst then what was there last year.  Maybe just fire him right before the playoffs.  lmao  But then again something isn't right with him to have been let go like he has been.

12 hours ago, MarksmenManiac said:

HMMMMM....this would be interesting

well he did have some exciting teams that made the playoffs, a couple of goals and we would have advanced, in only a best of three series a lucky bounce here and there determines the outcome and a lot of times the better team does not win, I think it would be a good move, he has the ability to bring some quality players in here, one thing for sure it's June already and we need to get a coach signed pretty quick

• Like 1

I agree it seems that time is of the essence. I know Mr Norris has his hands full but I also this was his top priority when we last spoke. It seems as though there is a lot going on with the new expansion team , The river Kings closing shop, Kerr leaving Macon and now Bes leaving the Ice Flyers. There seems to be alot of changes for this season across the board... But October is gonna be here before you know it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Bes bring stability, though?  You guys desperately just need stability.  You have great potential and a great core for the market.  At this point, you guys just need the ground to stop moving so you can start walking and running.

6 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Does Bes bring stability, though?  You guys desperately just need stability.  You have great potential and a great core for the market.  At this point, you guys just need the ground to stop moving so you can start walking and running.

Stability I'm not sure of but he did have a decent record in Fayetteville. Not saying that he is the Bes choice LOL......I couldnt help it....But at least we know what he is capable of. But you are right we need someone to be a franchise coach and plant serious roots here for the team. The market here in Fayetteville is more than favorable and also very forgiving . Fayetteville being primarily a huge military market we have a huge turnover in population so if we screw up....cough cough...Its easy to kind of start over..The down side to that is any orginization constantly has to brand itself .

Chuck must be desperate if he brings Bes back. I spoke to him after letting Bes go and he didn't have good things to say about him. The players didn't like playing for him. That is why we lost players to Europe. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Chuck must be desperate if he brings Bes back. I spoke to him after letting Bes go and he didn't have good things to say about him. The players didn't like playing for him. That is why we lost players to Europe. 

When it was announced that Bes had not been retained by PEN the reply Norris gave on twitter was "Shocker".  That can be taken a couple of ways.  My first impression was shocker as in I'm not surprised.  Your post seems to back up my take on his "shocker" post.

Does anyone know if Bierchen has been ruled out?

Edited by Make Marky GM

I can't speak on behalf of everyone else but I don't think Bes should be welcomed back here.  He left here to be closer to his wife and kid but now that he was fired (mutally parting ways is another way of saying fired), he is rumored to be coming back here.  While I can respect him wanting to get a job to be closer to his family, the only reason he would come back here is because nothing else is available for a hockey coach that can't win in the playoffs.  The decision on who to hire as the next head coach is up to Chuck Norris.  I hope he doesn't go with Bes but if he decides to bring him back,there will be a lot of pissed off people.  There are so many other better choices out there than Bes.

Also, it would be interesting to hear the real reason that him and Pensacola's owner, Greg Harris, decided to 'mutually' part ways.  I'd bet it wasn't mutual and there's a lot not being said.

Bes opts not to return to coach Marksmen

On 6/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, AfghanPiehole said:

I can't speak on behalf of everyone else but I don't think Bes should be welcomed back here.  He left here to be closer to his wife and kid but now that he was fired (mutally parting ways is another way of saying fired), he is rumored to be coming back here.  While I can respect him wanting to get a job to be closer to his family, the only reason he would come back here is because nothing else is available for a hockey coach that can't win in the playoffs.  The decision on who to hire as the next head coach is up to Chuck Norris.  I hope he doesn't go with Bes but if he decides to bring him back,there will be a lot of pissed off people.  There are so many other better choices out there than Bes.

Also, it would be interesting to hear the real reason that him and Pensacola's owner, Greg Harris, decided to 'mutually' part ways.  I'd bet it wasn't mutual and there's a lot not being said.

Bes opts not to return to coach Marksmen

I think that has been answered now.  Rod is coming back with a couple championships under his belt already after finishing out his contract as an Oilers scout.  While Bes has been a coach for 6 years and only won 1 playoff series in 7 tries. So Bes probably wanted it mutually instead of getting fired for Aldoff.  We'll soon see if Bes was pursuing other potential jobs or not.  

On 6/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, MarksmenArtist said:

I would hope Bierchen has been ruled out.

But he was "highly recommended by the NHL!"

So we now have schedules......but no coach decision

52 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Why is it cheaper for your fans to buy 2 half season tickets then it is to buy a whole season?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

http://marksmenhockey.com/tickets/season-tickets/

:banghead:  Man I don't know....i am sure there is a reasonable explanation for this...lol....or maybe not..:doh:

11 minutes ago, scline74 said:

:banghead:  Man I don't know....i am sure there is a reasonable explanation for this...lol....or maybe not..:doh:

I just noticed it when they put season ticket packages starting at $98 dollars and thought that was real cheap.  But checked it out and it was for half season tickets for kids.  Just thought i'd bring it to you guys attention.  Seems a little messed up and weird to me.

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2018 at 8:30 PM, Greg81102 said:

I just noticed it when they put season ticket packages starting at $98 dollars and thought that was real cheap.  But checked it out and it was for half season tickets for kids.  Just thought i'd bring it to you guys attention.  Seems a little messed up and weird to me.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Maybe they read this board as the page has been removed. I'm sure they are working on a better plan.  Something like If you agree to coach a game you get in for 1/2 price.

I wrote asking the question on their facebook.  Most likely they got it from there.

I think there was a error and they are or have fixed it 

Posted (edited)

The new coach has been hired. Just announced on twitter & the web site.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1