Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
scline74

We've got our guy!

More on new Marksmen coach Jesse Kallechy

By Thomas Pope - Observer

Here’s more of my interview with Fayetteville Marksmen owner Chuck Norris, his new head coach Jesse Kallechy, and Huntsville coach Glenn Detulleo, under whom Kallechy played and was an assistant coach:

NORRIS

Q: When we talked a few weeks ago, you said it was very unlikely that you’d hire another first-time coach. What changed your mind with this hire?

A: Your natural progression as a coach is to be a player, then an assistant under a really good head coach, then head coach, so here we are. ... This kid’s coming from the best organization in the SPHL by a mile. It’s a no-brainer. He’s got great ownership, great mentorship from Detulleo. If you want to be like the best, you learn from the best. We’re going to straighten this thing out.

Q: Did you seek him out or did he apply for the job?

A: (Huntsville owner Keith Jeffires) and I are pretty good friends, and he called and asked me if I wouldn’t mind putting (Kallechy) through the interview process. I told him, ‘Sure.’ When I talked to Jesse, I told him I was super-busy, I had a lot going on down here, even to the point where I told him, ‘You’re just interviewing for the job’ and could we do it at a later time because I just didn’t have time right then. He said, ‘I’m really serious, I really want the job,’ and we hit if off. He blew me away. I wasn’t expecting anything like that.

Read more at: http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20180606/ice-chips-more-on-new-marksmen-coach-jesse-kallechy

• Like 1