Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

Expansion Draft Results

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (June 6, 2018) - The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) on Wednesday announced the results of the expansion draft held for the new Quad City franchise.  All players not named to a returning team’s protected list were eligible for the draft. All players eligible for the Mississippi RiverKings’ protected list were also available for the draft.

Players selected by Quad City were:

Keegan Asmundson, G (Huntsville) - Helped lead the Havoc to the 2018 President’s Cup, notching four of Huntsville’s six playoff wins. Was second in games played (36) and fourth in wins (16) during the regular season.

Andy Willigar, D (Huntsville) - Played 49 games for Huntsville, posting 4-12-16 totals with two game-winning goals and 38 penalty minutes.

Dylan Denomme, RW (Macon) - Scored 12 goals and 12 assists in 34 games with Macon, including four game-winning goals.

Austin Hervey, LW (Knoxville) - Played 55 games for Knoxville, recording 12 goals, 15 assists and 65 penalty minutes

Nick Lazorko, LW (Evansville) - Scored 12 goals and 12 assists in 35 games with Evansville and Huntsville

Brandon Pfeil, D (Macon) - Was 4th in SPHL with +27 rating. Posted two goals, 23 assists in 52 games. Played three games in the ECHL.

Looks like a nice start to creating a all around good team.  2 good defenseman, 3 good forwards, and a SPHL champion goaltender.  I like the picks.  Surprised no one from Mississippi was taken.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Looks like a nice start to creating a all around good team.  2 good defenseman, 3 good forwards, and a SPHL champion goaltender.  I like the picks.  Surprised no one from Mississippi was taken.

I was hoping the first move the new FAY coach was going to make was the signing of Asmundson-- Oh well- good for the new guys.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm hoping Kallechy is quick to sign some guys from MRK.....I know 2-3 Id like to see in Fay.....would be nice. Maybe bring back 1-2 guys who was in our camp last year that was let go....

• Like 1

I'm hoping the same for Roanoke.  They have quite a few players that i'd be happy with.  Dillan Fox, Brant Sherwood, Dan Tedesco, and Ryan Marcuz will help anyone out on offense.  Then some pretty good defensemen with Donald Olivieri, Vytal Cote, and Jake Schultz is a good defenseman who isn't scared to drop the gloves.  But they all three had lengthy call ups and could find permanent jobs in the ECHL.  Then they have two goalies who have shown they can hang in the SPHL with Tyler Green and Jared Rutledge.  Thats just the ones that i've mentioned but still have some other pretty good players.  It will be fun seeing where they all end up.

• Like 1