Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Meet the new Head Coach and find out the team's name, logo & President

Quad City names Dave Pszenyczny as inaugural head coach

Moline, IL (June 8, 2018) – Quad City, the newest member of the Southern Professional Hockey League, announced Friday that reigning SPHL Defenseman of the Year and captain of the Peoria Rivermen, Dave Pszenyczny, has been named Head Coach/Director of Hockey Operations.

“John and I believe Dave will build a team that will be entertaining to watch,” said team co-owner Ryan Mosley. “He’s coming from a first-class organization in Peoria and we believe he will bring that experience with him,” Mosley added. 

“Throughout our interview process, we wanted a coach that believes in community involvement. Dave realizes the community is our fan base and if we can’t get out and support our community, then why should they support us?” said co-owner John Dawson.

A native of Sterling Heights, Michigan, Pszenyczny comes to Quad City following an eleven-year career spanning across five leagues (AHL, SPHL, ECHL, CHL, UHL). Pszenyczny, 33, scored 91 goals and added 229 assists in 664 career games. He also posted a plus/minus rating of +84 and accumulated 1,364 penalty minutes over his career. 

“I’ve been fortunate to play the game I love for the past decade and I’m excited to begin my coaching career. It was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up,” Pszenyczny said. “I’m thankful for John and Ryan for giving me the opportunity. I’m eager to get to the Quad Cities and get to work. I’ll put a team together the Quad Cities can be proud of, on and off the ice.”

The community will get their first chance to meet Coach Pszenyczny at 2pm on Thursday, June 21 at Harris Pizza, 2520 18th Street, in Bettendorf.*
* See below.

Branding will make this team real.  It will give Quad Cities hockey fans - dedicated AND casual - an anchor point for their emotions.  It will allow the organization to actually promote a product rather than a promise. GAME ON!  :crash:

Topics merged.

Quad City SPHL Team to Reveal New Name, Logo, Team President, and Head Coach

OurSportsCentral

The new Quad City hockey team is ready open its doors. Owners John Dawson and Ryan Mosley will reveal the team's name, logo, team President and introduce Dave Pszenyczny, the Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations.

A press conference is scheduled for Thursday, June 21 at noon* at the TaxSlayer Center. It is open to the public and past season ticket holders and fans are encouraged to attend.

*This press conference will replace the coach's meet and greet that was originally scheduled for Thursday, June 21 at Harris Pizza in Bettendorf at 2 p.m.

13 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Topics merged. ...

Could you make the thread title any longer, Mac?  :edited:

Storm Home Opener: Saturday, October 20th vs. the Peoria Rivermen

Season Ticket Holders can renew now.

Deposits for Season Ticket packages can be put down now.
TaxSlayer Center will be open from 9 am - 12 noon, Saturday, June 23rd to pick out seats.

New SPHL hockey team named Quad City Storm

By Gabriella Rusk - KWQC TV 6

MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) - There's a new professional sports team in town! Quad City professional hockey team owners John Dawson and Ryan Mosley announced the team's new name, logo, team President and introduced the new coach at a press conference Thursday at the TaxSlayer Center.

The new Quad City Storm will open their inaugural season on Saturday, October 20th at the TaxSlayer Center this year. The 28-game home schedule includes 12 Fridays, 11 Saturdays, two games on Sunday and Tuesday and one Monday game on December 31st. Game times will be announced at a later date.

The Quad City Storm fans were introduced to the new head coach, Dave Pszenyczny. A native of Sterling Heights, Michigan and most recently with the Peoria Rivermen, Pszenyczny is excited about the opportunity to start his coaching career with a new team in the Southern Professional Hockey League. 

"I am ready to put together a team that our community will be proud of on and off the ice," said Pszenyczny.

Past season ticket holders who put a deposit down after the last season are being contacted to renew their seats first. Season tickets will go on sale to the public in the near future. Sponsorships are available for sale now. Additional staff are being added immediately (marketing director and ticket sales). For more information call the Quad City Storm office at 309-277-1364 or go to www.quadcitystorm.com.

New Hockey Team Unveils Name And Logo

By Benjamin Payne - WVIK 90.3 FM

Minor league hockey is set to return to the Quad Cities later this year under a new name: the Quad City Storm.

Team owners John Dawson and Ryan Mosley announced the new team name Thursday at the Tax Slayer Center in Moline, where the team will begin play in October.

In addition to unveiling a logo—a dark gray tornado with brooding yellow eyes—Dawson and Mosley also introduced the team president: Gwen Tombergs. A native of Eldridge, Iowa, Tombergs previously worked for the Quad City Thunder, a professional basketball team that played in the Continental Basketball Association from 1987 to 2001.

The Storm will succeed the Quad City Mallards, which ceased operations in March after team owner Jordan Melville said he was losing $1 million a year on the franchise.

The team will play in the Southern Professional Hockey League, which has 10 teams primarily located throughout the southeastern United States.

28 home games are scheduled for the Storm in their inaugural season, beginning October 20th against the Peoria Rivermen.

After the league solicited suggestions for a team name, nine people submitted "Storm" for consideration. The team will randomly select four of those fans to receive team-signed jerseys, among other prizes.

Quad-City Storm - Areas New Professional Hockey Team

By John Schultz - Quad-City Times

The Quad-Cities has a new professional hockey team called the Quad-City Storm which was unveiled, Thursday, June 21, 2018, during a press and fan conference at the TaxSlayer Center in Moline. Also announced was the new President, Gwen Tombergs, the new logo and the new coach, Dave Pszenyczny, formerly a player with the Peoria Rivermen.

Click for PHOTOS like this one:

5b2bf98184f54.image.jpg

3 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I wonder if the team lawyer will be Michael Avenatti.

The team name is "Storm" - not "Stormy" ...  :disgust:

2 hours ago, MacGuy said:

5b2bf98184f54.image.jpg

Oh, ick, another team with dye sublimated jerseys.  Won't have to make room in the closet for one of those.  nono02.gif

2 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

OK, I know. How about Michael Avenatt as the attorn, then?

Or how 'bout Micha Avenatti - and get the el outta here?!  :devil:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Oh, ick, another team with dye sublimated jerseys.  Won't have to make room in the closet for one of those.  nono02.gif

Sin Bin Storm tweeted that it was just a quick mock-up.

• Thanks 1