Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

9 hockey movies to get you through [hockey's] offseason

9 hockey movies to get you through Golden Knights’ offseason

By Christopher Lawrence - Las Vegas Review-Journal

Best case scenario, the Golden Knights’ season ends next Wednesday night.

Worst case, it’s all over Thursday.

So how are you going to get by until the team returns in the fall? Especially after you’ve grown bored of “Slap Shot” and “Miracle” and even dusted off your VHS copies of “The Mighty Ducks” trilogy?

Here’s a look at some lesser-known movies to help ease your hockey withdrawals:

“Youngblood” (1986)
Exquisitely named teenager Dean Youngblood (Rob Lowe), who’s blessed with fast legs but slow fists, moves from New York to Ontario so he can toughen up and earn a professional contract alongside teammates played by eventual “Point Break” co-stars Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves. The only thing worse than Reeves’ French-Canadian accent may be the fight in which Youngblood and his thuggish rival spend a painfully long time fencing with their sticks before dropping gloves.

Read more at: https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/christopher-lawrence/9-hockey-movies-to-get-you-through-golden-knights-offseason/

7 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

MVP ... Really?

If you enjoyed it that much they made a MVP 2 Most Vertical Primate.  He is a skateboarder though, not any hockey.  🤩

What kind of hockey movie list doesn't include Slapshot or Miracle? And if you are going to include movies that are only kind of hockey related like this list does you gotta have Happy Gilmore.

Especially after you’ve grown bored of “Slap Shot” and “Miracle” and even dusted off your VHS copies of “The Mighty Ducks” trilogy?

+1 on Happy Gilmore, though.

12 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

+1 on Happy Gilmore, though.

I guess thats what I get for only reading the list and not the rest of the article lol.

10 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I guess thats what I get for only reading the list and not the rest of the article lol.

I did the samething and thought that it was weird not having them on there.  But after I finished i went back and read the beginning.  Mighty Ducks was the best as a kid growing up.