Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2018-19 Havoc Player Signings\Trades\Pre-Season Roster

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo announces the signing of a rookie forward who is moving from one championship team to join the reigning SPHL champions.

Forward Brad Kobryn is coming off a senior season where he led the Adrian College to an American College Hockey Association division one title, earning his second Great Lakes Collegiate Hockey League MVP.

“Brad is following a similar career path as myself, going from the ACHA to pro hockey,” said Detulleo. “He’s had a tremendous college career, winning every team and individual award there is, which should give him a great opportunity to make our opening night roster. I’m looking forward to seeing him in camp.”

The Hamilton, Ontario, native saw action in 126 games with the Bulldogs, scoring 160 goals and recording 83 assists. Kobryn (6-0, 190) averaged nearly two points per game over his collegiate career.

“It’s an honor to have the league champs ask you to join them and make another run at a trophy,” said the 25-year-old. “I’ve never been to Alabama, so I’m looking forward to the experience. I consider myself a bit of a grinder and I like to mix it up in front of the net to create scoring opportunities. I’m excited for camp to start!”

Kobryn led the GLCHL with 38 goals his senior season, ranking second in total points with 60. He joins returning Huntsville forwards Tyler Piacentini, Kyle Sharkey, Stephen Hrehoriak, and playoffs MVP Sy Nutkevitch as they work to defend the team’s SPHL title.

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo has announced that forward Scott Trask will return to the team after a successful rookie season.

“Scott was an important part of our championship team,” said Detulleo. “The energy and work ethic he brings to the rink is contagious. He’s an excellent pro and will be a great role model for our younger players.”

The Bonavista, Newfoundland, native scored 17 points in his first season, including 8 goals and 9 assists. He also ranked second in the league in penalty minutes with 180.

Trask (6-0, 210) stepped up in the playoffs last season, scoring three goals and recording two assists, including two goals in the deciding game of the SPHL championship against the Peoria Rivermen.

He joins returning forwards Sy Nutkevitch, Tyler Piacentini, Kyle Sharkey, and Stephen Hrehoriak in working toward back-to-back President's Cup championships.

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo announced that the team has signed defenseman Alec Brandrup to training camp later this fall.

The Rochester, Minnesota, native is coming off his senior season when he captained the Norwich University men’s hockey team in Northfield, Vermont.

“We’re excited to sign Alec,” said Detulleo. “We expect our d-corps to play a big part in our offense and Alec’s game should fit in with that. He’s been a leader in a winning program which should help him transition to the pro game very well.”

During his four years with the Cadets, Brandrup (6-1, 201) played 108 games, scoring 15 goals and recording 42 assists.

“I like to push the pace and be offensive,” said the 25-year-old. “I am honored the Havoc have given me this opportunity to further my hockey career and am excited to get the season underway. I will give nothing but my very best to the team and community.”

During his third year with Norwich, Brandrup shared playing time with Havoc forward Tyler Piacentini. The pair helped lead the Cadets to an NCAA division III national championship in 2017.

“Winning is a very contagious idea and feeling,” said Brandrup. “Joining a team following a title year is an unbelievable privilege. The mentality is to do it again, and I intend to do my part to the best of my ability to accomplish that feat.”

Brandrup joins Havoc defenders Nolan Kaiser, Derek Perl, and Peter Sikalis in training camp in hopes to make the regular season roster and push toward repeating as SPHL President’s Cup champions.

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo announced the signing of Christian Powers, the team’s leading goal-scorer from last season.

“We’re thrilled to have Christian signed for a third season,” said Detulleo. “He had a tremendous season on the ice and is only getting better. Just as important is his commitment level to the game off the ice. His leadership will be a great example for his teammates.”

The Carlisle, Ontario, native played all 56 regular season games last year, scoring 28 goals and notching 22 assists. Powers tacked on another 10 points (6g, 4a) in the playoffs, helping lead the Havoc to an SPHL championship.

“I’m very excited to return to Huntsville this season,” said Powers. “What we did last year was something special and I’m looking forward to trying to go back-to-back.”

Last year, Powers nearly doubled his output from his rookie season. Two years ago, Powers put up 30 points (19g, 11a), including an additional 6 points (3g, 3a) in the postseason.

He joins fellow Havoc returning forwards Tyler Piacentini, Kyle Sharkey, and SPHL Playoffs MVP Sy Nutkevitch.

HUNTSVILLE  – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo has announced defenseman Connor Schmidt will join the team’s training camp next month.

The Monroe, Michigan, native played 26 games with the Tulsa Oilers in the ECHL last season, recording five assists.

“We expect Connor to make an immediate impact for us,” said Detulleo. “He’s a skilled defenseman that also brings grit and physicality. He fits how we want our D-corps to play.”

Schmidt (5-11, 174) played for three different colleges before turning pro last season, including Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan, Arizona State University in Tempe, and Utica College in New York. He played 121 games over those four years, putting 14 goals in the net and recording 37 assists.

One of his highlights was scoring the first goal for Arizona State as an NCAA ice hockey program.

“I tend to play with a chip on my shoulder and I want to do everything I can to bring another championship to Huntsville,” said Schmidt, who turns 25 next month. “The team is a first-class organization and I’ve heard great things about the fan base and ownership. I am eager to get the season started and meet ‘the family’!”

Schmidt joins returning defensemen Nolan Kaiser, Derek Perl, and Peter Sikalis on the Havoc blue line.

Havoc Turn to Crimson Tide for Rookie Defender

September 24, 2018

9:58 AM CDT

HUNTSVILLE – For the latest Huntsville Havoc training camp signee, Head Coach Glenn Detulleo did not have to look very far.

The coach of the current SPHL champs announced today the team has signed Jonathan Lovorn, a recent graduate from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, to help defend the President’s Cup title.

“I’m really looking forward to seeing Jon compete at camp,” said Detulleo. “I was really impressed with his attitude and maturity during our conversations. He skates very well and brings dynamic elements from the back end.”

The Newtown, Connecticut, native was Alabama’s team captain his senior season last year. The Tide competed in the American Collegiate Hockey Association of club-level teams but hopes to make the jump to the NCAA in the next few years.

“This is a great opportunity to come and learn from veteran players who have experienced championship runs,” said Lovorn, who turns 23 next month. “I’m excited to return to Alabama to continue to grow hockey in the South and look to bring my upbeat and competitive nature to the Havoc.”

Over the course of his four seasons in Tuscaloosa, Lovorn (5-10, 161) played 122 games, scoring 44 goals and recording 67 assists. He joins returning Havoc defensemen Nolan Kaiser, Derek Perl, and Peter Sikalis on the blue-line for the reigning SPHL champions.