Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2018-19 Havoc Player Signings\Trades\Pre-Season Roster

Posted (edited)

Green - Re-Signed

Red - Not Returning\Attending other Training Camp

Orange - Traded

Blue - Vet*

*By SPHL definition, Vets are players who have 224 or more professional games played. Each team is allowed up to 3 vets on their roster. All 3 vets have to have a combined total of less than 900 games played.

Protected List

G, Mike DeLaVergne

DPeter Sikalis

DStuart Stefan - Retired (became Havoc Assistant Coach)

DNolan Kaiser

DDerek Perl

DAnthony Calabrese - Signed with EV Lindau (Germany3)

FScott Trask

FJack Ceglarski

FTyler Piacentini

FSy Nutkevitch

FStephen Hrehoriak

FKyle Sharkey

FChristain Powers

Unprotected Players

G, Keegan Asmundson- Selected in Expansion Draft by QC

DAndy Willigar - Selected in Expansion Draft by QC

DNathan Harris

FAlex Botten - Signed with Cergy (France2)

FJustin Fox - Signed with Rosetown Red Wings (ACHW)

FDylan Hood - Signed with Cergy (France2)

FZach Nieminen

New Players

G, Max Milosek - Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Former SPHL Team : MAC (Signed TOA)

FRyan Salkeld - Former SPHL Teams : FAY, MAC, MRK

FTrevor Gerling - Lyon (France)\CBR Brave (AIHL)

FColton Wolter - Univ. of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (NCAA III)\Former SPHL Team : MRK (2 gp)

FDeclan Conway - John Carroll Univ. (ACHA), (FA Signee)

DDavid Higgs - Utah State Univ. (ACHA II), (FA Signee)

G, Michael Hails - Lindenwood Univ. (ACHA), (FA Signee)

2018-19 Havoc Training Camp

Goalies

Max Milosek (R)

#31 Mike DeLaVergne

Michael Hails (R)

Defensemen

#10 Nolan Kaiser

#15 Derek Perl

David Higgs (R)

#4  Peter Sikalis

Forwards

#19 Sy Nutkevitch (V\255)

Ryan Salkeld

#14 Tyler Piacentini

Trevor Gerling

Colton Wolter (R)

#9 Jack Ceglarski

#44 Zach Nieminen

Declan Conway (R)

#48 Kyle Sharkey

Edited by RapidFire19
Updated

57 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I think www.eliteprospects.com got the last line incorrect:

2006-07 6.png Honeybaked Bantam Minor AAA T1EMBHL 18 2.72 .866 |        
2007-08 6.png Victory Honda Bantam Major AAA T1EBHL 19 3.29 .873 |        
2008-09 6.png Victory Honda U16 T1EHL U16 21 2.25 .909 |        
2009-10 6.png Victory Honda U18 T1EHL U18 30 3.64 .855 |        
2010-11 6.png Honeybaked U18 T1EHL U18 20 2.41 .905 |        
  6.png Motor City Metal Jackets NAHL 9 3.09 .907 |        
2011-12 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 34 2.55 .916 |        
2012-13 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 39 2.62 .917 | Playoffs 5 2.58 .908
2013-14 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 36 2.38 .922 | Playoffs 4 2.51 .914
2014-15 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 2 3.90 .846 |        
2015-16 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 25 2.00 .917 |        
2016-17 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 25 2.32 .903 |        
2017-18 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point “A” NCAA III 26 1.87 .925 |        
  6.png Macon Mayhem SPHL 0 - - |

2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I think www.eliteprospects.com got the last line incorrect:

2006-07 6.png Honeybaked Bantam Minor AAA T1EMBHL 18 2.72 .866 |        
2007-08 6.png Victory Honda Bantam Major AAA T1EBHL 19 3.29 .873 |        
2008-09 6.png Victory Honda U16 T1EHL U16 21 2.25 .909 |        
2009-10 6.png Victory Honda U18 T1EHL U18 30 3.64 .855 |        
2010-11 6.png Honeybaked U18 T1EHL U18 20 2.41 .905 |        
  6.png Motor City Metal Jackets NAHL 9 3.09 .907 |        
2011-12 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 34 2.55 .916 |        
2012-13 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 39 2.62 .917 | Playoffs 5 2.58 .908
2013-14 6.png Port Huron Fighting Falcons NAHL 36 2.38 .922 | Playoffs 4 2.51 .914
2014-15 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 2 3.90 .846 |        
2015-16 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 25 2.00 .917 |        
2016-17 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point NCAA III 25 2.32 .903 |        
2017-18 6.png Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point “A” NCAA III 26 1.87 .925 |        
  6.png Macon Mayhem SPHL 0 - - |

He was on thier roster last season but didnt play.

HUNTSVILLE – After a year of playing overseas, forward Trevor Gerling will make his debut in an SPHL training camp with the Huntsville Havoc.

The Seattle native played last season with Lyon in the French Ice Hockey League and is currently wrapping up the season as the leading scorer for the Canberra Brave of the Australian Ice Hockey League, averaging better than two points per game.

"Trevor is an important signing for us this summer," said Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo. "He brings skill, speed and -- most importantly -- leadership to our lineup. He should help fill the void left by the departure of some experienced forwards and will be an important part of our offense."

Gerling (6-0, 201) averaged better than a point per game last season in Lyon, scoring 20 goals and notching 28 assists in 41 games and leading his team to the French Cup championship. The previous season, he played for the Greenville  Swamp Rabbits and Norfolk Admirals in the ECHL.

"I wanted to come to Huntsville because of the success and reputation of the club," said Gerling. "It's hard to turn down the opportunity of playing with a championship club that is known to have one of the best arenas and fans in the league. I'm excited to join the team and be involved in the community."

After four seasons with the University of Connecticut in Storrs, where he played 124 games and recorded 64 points (33g, 31a), Gerling started his professional career in Scotland with the Edinburgh Capitals of the England Ice Hockey League in 2015. Over 52 games, he scored 27 goals and recorded 29 assists.

"I like to play a fast and skilled game," said Gerling, who turns 29 next week. "I want to be creative in the offensive zone and use speed to create time and space for my teammates. I've learned a lot playing overseas and I hope to use that experience to contribute to another successful playoff run."

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo has announced that Derek Perl will start his second professional season in training camp to help the team defend their President's Cup championship.

"Derek played his best hockey in the playoffs," said Detulleo. "I'm really looking forward to seeing his role expand and be a consistent pillar on our D-corps."

Perl was named to the SPHL All-Rookie team at the end of the regular season, which saw the Etobicoke, Ontario, native score 26 points (5g, 21a), ranking him eighth among all league defensemen.

The 25-year-old added a powerplay goal and two assists in the playoffs to help the Havoc win the league championship.

"I'm excited to be back with the Havoc," said Perl. "Winning the cup last year was an amazing experience. I love the atmosphere the fans bring and look forward to defending the title in front of our dedicated fans."

Perl (5-11, 175) played collegiate hockey for Marian University in Fon du Lac, Wisconsin. The blue-liner played in 108 games for the Sabres, scoring 14 goals and recording 34 assists.

The defenseman joins Havoc returners Nolan Kaiser on the line and Mike DeLaVergne in net, announced earlier this month as returning for training camp in October.

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo has announced forward Zach Nieminen will get a crack at spending his rookie season in the Rocket City for the 2018-19 campaign.

The Ajax, Ontario, native briefly played with the Havoc at the end of last season, scoring a goal and two assists in three games.

"Zach made a strong impression when he joined us after college last season," said Detulleo. "He brings a good mix of size and skill, and we're looking forward to seeing his performance in training camp."

Nieminen (6-2, 194) recently completed his senior season with Buffalo State College in New York, where he tied the career record for most games played at the school with 106. During his first three years with Buffalo State, Nieminen (6-2, 194) played alongside former All-American and current Havoc goaltender Mike DeLaVergne.

The 24-year-old Nieminen recorded 66 points (31g, 35a) in his four years with the Bengals.

"Huntsville was a great learning experience last year," said Nieminen. "The coaches and players treated me like I had been with the team all season, and the arena and atmosphere is unbelievable. The fans take their hockey seriously and get to know each player, which makes it more fun to play in front of them. I'm excited to come back!"

He will join a loaded group of forwards in Havoc training camp, including returning players Jack Ceglarski, Tyler Piacentini, playoff MVP Sy Nutkevitch and the recently-announced Trevor Gerling.

HUNTSVILLE – The Huntsville Havoc held a free agent camp last weekend at the Wilcoxon Ice Complex where more than 40 unsigned players ran hockey drills and scrimmaged in front of fans and the coaching staff, trying to prove they had what it takes to join the reigning SPHL champions.

After the final scrimmage on Sunday, the Havoc extended invitations to Declan Conway, David Higgs and Michael Hails to join the team’s training camp in October.

“I'm really happy with how the weekend went,” said Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo. “We invited three players that we felt separated themselves from the rest. We look forward to watching them compete in October for the chance to make our opening night roster.”

Conway (5-11, 178) played two seasons at forward with the club team at John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio. As a member of the Blue Streaks, the Painsville, Ohio, native played in 33 games, scoring 23 goals and recording 16 assists. Last season, his team won the College Hockey Mid-America Conference championship. As a junior hockey player, the 22-year-old played 84 games, scoring 20 goals and notching 34 assists.

“I try to use my strengths of playing simple, but fast,” said Conway. “I believe I can make the right play and have the mindset to go strong with any opponent I play against.”

Hails (6-0, 185) spent the last four seasons as the goaltender for the club team at Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, Missouri. The Coldstream, British Columbia, native saw action in 66 games. In his senior season with the Lions, the 23-year-old had a goals-against average of 1.69 and saved 93.6 percent of the shots he faced, earning him second team all-league in the Central States Collegiate Hockey League.

“The coaching and support staff made the camp comfortable and welcoming, which allowed me to have fun while showcasing myself,” said Hails. “I look forward to returning this fall to build upon this opportunity.”

Higgs (6-3, 216) spent the last three seasons as a defenseman for Utah State University in North Logan, playing in 84 games while recording 26 goals and 70 assists. The Salt Lake City native played juniors in the Western States Hockey League and the Central Canada Hockey League, seeing action in 238 games, scoring 28 goals and notching 94 assists.             

Coach Detulleo was glad to lace up the skates with some players once again while seeing some familiar friendly faces.

“It was great to be at the rink to not only get back on the ice, but also see some of our loyal fans!”

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo has announced that Kyle Sharkey will be back in a Havoc jersey for training camp to help defend the team’s President's Cup championship.

“Kyle played an important role on our team last season,” said Detulleo. “He has the versatility to play up and down the lineup and find ways to make big plays and produce offensively.”

The Moore, Oklahoma, native led all rookies on the squad last year with 36 points (15g, 21a), and contributed a pair of goals and assists en route to the SPHL title.

“I’m excited to come back to Huntsville to play in front of the greatest fans in the league,” said Sharkey, who turns 26 in September before camp begins. “Last year’s cup run was such an amazing experience and I’m looking forward to getting the season going and starting another journey for a championship!”

Sharkey (5-10, 174) played four seasons with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point where he helped lead the Pointers to the 2016 NCAA Division III national championship. During his time at UW-SP, he scored 58 goals and recorded 75 assists in 115 games.

When Sharkey reports to camp, he joins fellow second-year Havoc forwards Tyler Piacentini and Jack Ceglarski, and rookie goaltender Max Milosek, who skated three seasons with Sharkey in college.

Wow, look who snuck one in there!

Defenseman Sikalis Returns for 2018-19 Season

HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville Havoc Head Coach Glenn Detulleo announced today that the team has re-signed defenseman Peter Sikalis.

“Having Peter sign to return this season is great news for the team,” said Detulleo. "As a rookie last year, he was a key contributor to our championship. With his mix of size, skill and skating we look forward to seeing him continue to develop his game and increase his work load.”

Sikalis played in 55 games last season for the Havoc, scoring five goals and notching 17 assists. The rookie was key in the Havoc’s run in the 2018 President’s Cup Playoffs, scoring the game-winning goal in overtime against the Macon Mayhem to send the team to the SPHL finals. 

“I’m extremely excited to be coming back to the Havoc,” said Sikalis. “Everyone in the organization does a great job creating a winning atmosphere and the fans are incredible.”

The Acton, Massachusetts, native played his collegiate hockey at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, New Hampshire. Over the course of 104 games with the Hawks, Sikalis (6-3, 205) scored 21 goals and recorded 24 assists. He was named Northeast-10 Conference Defender of the Year, First Team All-Northeast, Second Team All-New England Hockey, Northeast Conference Player of the Week, and the MVP of the Middlebury Holiday Classic.

29 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Wow, look who snuck one in there!

Defenseman Sikalis Returns for 2018-19 Season

3 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Yep- 😁- happened to see it on the "SPHL Twitter Feed" column (right side of the forums) and wanted to see if I could get one in 1st- 😲 and 😉

I saw the twitter announcement. P.O. got me by "1 min"......so I let it go....lol.