Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Your New Team Logo

I just changed the Forum name.

Macguy: It's not showing up. Repost it.

Also, make me a button to put on the forum list page.

Better

BTW: It they have something like just the character logo (secondary?) that can be made into a square 64x64 button, that's what I'll need for the logo on the forum list page.

I like it

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

This is all I've seen. Too small?

QuadCityStorm_Sm.png

I don't think it will work for what I need. Let's wait to see if they publish an alternate logo. Thanks for doing that. If you can make it smaller I'll make it an emoticon.

It's better than the burn logo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyersFan17 said:

It's better than the burn logo

True. Only parts of it are taken from other sources instead of the entire logo. Check the eyes:

trenton_thunder_480x270_xyldvuoo_e6ff70z

The name is lazy but okay. Could've been something cringeworthy like IceStormz or Space Ducks. The colors are solid as well, and the mock-up jersey is a winner if given white or blue numbers.

That logo, though. Woof. What an objectively bad mark. Way too much detail in some places (stick tape, "STORM" wording). Uneven line work all around. Someone sewed the tornado's hands together before jamming the stick through them. Plus he looks like he's more comfortable riding the stick in a quidditch match. There are about 4 different types of storms depicted in the mark. The tornado is three shades of grey + yellow eyes and no blue, while the cloud and wording is just black and blue. Just an absolute dumpster fire.

BUT it's an active hockey club with games to play in 2018/19, so who am I to judge? 🤷‍♂️

image.png.2f77f16de607db100b3979e166409aa0.png

This is the Junior Hockey team from Kearney, NE, where I grew up.  They do alright, but hopefully the boys from Moline will put on a better show.

20 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

... That logo, though. Woof. What an objectively bad mark. Way too much detail in some places (stick tape, "STORM" wording). Uneven line work all around. Someone sewed the tornado's hands together before jamming the stick through them. Plus he looks like he's more comfortable riding the stick in a quidditch match. ...

Not that it redeems the overall quality of the logo, but it looks to me like the "artist" was depicting just one hand on the stick.  I just hope the team displays better stickhandling skills than that.

2 minutes ago, Arkham36 said:

image.png.2f77f16de607db100b3979e166409aa0.png

This is the Junior Hockey team from Kearney, NE, where I grew up.  They do alright, but hopefully the boys from Moline will put on a better show.

Hey, now, give your former hometown team some credit.  Tri-City won the USHL championship in Spring 2016, and they had one heckuva large & loud (and very friendly) cheering section follow them to Omaha for the USHL's preseason Fall Classic West the following September.

Well. This logo was more stolen than I thought. s/t, SportsLogos.net Boards...

Both the Utah Blitz of the the Women's Football Alliance and the Swindon Storm flag football team in the UK (which is a thing, I guess) use versions of this logo. So who knows where it originated, but it surely wasn't with this QC team.

UB-logo.png

I bet $10 this logo isn't even really trademarked by QC.

4 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

... I bet $10 this logo isn't even really trademarked by QC.

As the Sin Bin Tweeter reported: "This is not the official jersey, just a quick mock-up."  We might just see a modified logo before it's all said & done.

But at least I was right about the single hand gripping the stick.  :hockey:

2 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

As the Sin Bin Tweeter reported: "This is not the official jersey, just a quick mock-up."  We might just see a modified logo before it's all said & done.

Just because the jersey was a "mock-up" doesn't mean the logo/jersey designs aren't finalized. It takes considerably longer to make a sewn jersey vs. a sublimated one. Plus, they went to the trouble of typing "TM" before closing the Paint file, so in their mind this logo is THE logo.

8 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

... Plus, they went to the trouble of typing "TM" before closing the Paint file, so in their mind this logo is THE logo.

Right up until they read this thread.  :surrender:

• Like 1

@JMC-STL We can only hope! Otherwise, the branding in this league is becoming just embarrassing...

Checking their Facebook fan page it looks like this logo is not the final version after all. So we'll have to wait and see what the actual jerseys look like. Then we can rip on the ripped off logo.

:)

2 hours ago, MacGuy said:

But, neither are Utah or Swindon's logos.

My point is, they bothered to put the "TM" but were too lazy to create an original logo. In my mind, there's a zero percent chance they legally trademarked that logo.

8 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

My point is, they bothered to put the "TM" but were too lazy to create an original logo. In my mind, there's a zero percent chance they legally trademarked that logo.

Or.......

The person who was commissioned to create the logo gave permission to use it?