Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Humboldt Broncos Tribute

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

And for those of us without Facebook access (32% of adults in the U.S.) ...

Don't you think its time to get a facebook?  Even if you don't talk or post much on it like me, you have access to a lot more media outlets.  If you have a sphl forums account i'm pretty sure you can shrink that 32% down to just you 🤔

27 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Don't you think its time to get a facebook?  Even if you don't talk or post much on it like me, you have access to a lot more media outlets.  If you have a sphl forums account i'm pretty sure you can shrink that 32% down to just you 🤔

I wish you & Mark Zuckerberg nothing but the best in your lives, but I'm not overly optimistic it will come true.

• Haha 1

The power of Facebook, Tumblr, etc is frightening. On a recent trip to Alberta, as soon as we stepped off the plane Facebook welcomed my wife to Canada, and she wasn't even logged on to Facebook. She also looked at some airbnb listings in Louisville, KY (where our son lives) and both gave recommendations (she wasn't even logged onto airbnb, just used the links supplied by our son, much less wasn't logged onto Facebook or Tumblr at the time either). Info sharing among these juggernauts is scary, which is why I'm not on any social media (except these forums). Doc 

47 minutes ago, hockeydoc said:

The power of Facebook, Tumblr, etc is frightening. On a recent trip to Alberta, as soon as we stepped off the plane Facebook welcomed my wife to Canada, and she wasn't even logged on to Facebook. She also looked at some airbnb listings in Louisville, KY (where our son lives) and both gave recommendations (she wasn't even logged onto airbnb, just used the links supplied by our son, much less wasn't logged onto Facebook or Tumblr at the time either). Info sharing among these juggernauts is scary, which is why I'm not on any social media (except these forums). Doc 

SHHHHHHHH, don't tell all that to anyone under the age of 30.  They think "1984" was just another year in ancient history.

1 hour ago, hockeydoc said:

I've got an even scarier Facebook story for you. A coworker and myself were discussing a town in South Carolina were my coworkers dad lived, I had never heard of this town, I did not google this town or anything else. The only connection I had to said town was a private verbal conversation ( not through text or over the phone) with a coworker, but the next time I logged into Facebook I recieved real estate ads for homes in said town, so apparently my phone or more specifically the FB app on my phone, was listening to our conversation.

4 hours ago, hockeydoc said:

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

SHHHHHHHH, don't tell all that to anyone under the age of 30.  They think "1984" was just another year in ancient history.

2 hours ago, vicvegas said:

I've got an even scarier Facebook story for you. A coworker and myself were discussing a town in South Carolina were my coworkers dad lived, I had never heard of this town, I did not google this town or anything else. The only connection I had to said town was a private verbal conversation ( not through text or over the phone) with a coworker, but the next time I logged into Facebook I recieved real estate ads for homes in said town, so apparently my phone or more specifically the FB app on my phone, was listening to our conversation.

Image result for big brother imagesImage result for zuckerberg images

4 hours ago, vicvegas said:

... so apparently my phone or more specifically the FB app on my phone, was listening to our conversation.

Your smartphone has another feature that strikes fear in the hearts of many users.  It's called ... "OFF" ...

41 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

You do know they can turn your phone back on remotely, don't you? :eyes:

Yet they won't unlock phones to assist law enforcement investigations against terrorists, drug dealers, money launderers, mass murderers, etc, citing "privacy".

3 hours ago, MacGuy said:

You do know they can turn your phone back on remotely, don't you? :eyes:

"They" can't do that to mine.

medium04.jpg