Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Pszenyczny ready for challenge with Storm

Pszenyczny ready for challenge with Storm

By Bobby Metcalf - Quad-City Times

Dave Pszenyczny knows he has his work cut out for him.

As the first head coach and director of hockey operations in the history of the Quad-City Storm, Pszenyczny is tasked with building a team that can quickly compete in its first year in the Southern Professional Hockey League.

It's a good opportunity for him after a 12-year playing career that included stops in the American Hockey League, Central Hockey League, ECHL and SPHL. He spent his last three years with the Peoria Rivermen, whom the Storm welcome to the TaxSlayer Center on Oct. 20.

"I feel that Dave has learned the facets from the game from the higher levels, all the way from the AHL down," team co-owner Ryan Mosley said. "He's going to bring what the Quad-Cities is looking for in having the right coach here."

Pszenyczny made his name as a hard-working defenseman, earning SPHL defenseman of the year honors this past season as captain with Peoria. He feels his experience has prepared him for his next challenge.

"I think I was well prepared as far as the coaches I had in the past and how they did things," Pszenyczny said. "I understand with this job that I come here and that's it. It's not 9 to 5, it will be with me all day. More hours than I know it's going to take but I just love the game so much. To me, it's not work if you love it."

Read more at: https://qctimes.com/sports/hockey/professional/minor/pszenyczny-ready-for-challenge-with-storm/article_0145bd0f-9dac-5c3f-a290-62841649b5d4.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share