Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
JMC-STL

2018-19 Rivermen Schedule

From: The Peoria Rivermen > News/Stats > Rivermen Headlines

July 6, 2018 - 09:55 am

Brad Kupiec

Rivermen Release Full 2018-19 Schedule

Peoria to open regular season slate October 20 at Quad City

Peoria, IL – The Peoria Rivermen, in coordination with the Southern Professional Hockey League, announced the team’s full 2018-19 schedule Friday morning. The Quad City Storm will be Peoria’s most common opponent, with 16 meetings between the teams split evenly between Carver Arena and the TaxSlayer Center, with the latter hosting Peoria’s regular season opener October 20.

Prior to opening night at the TaxSlayer Center, the Rivermen and Storm will play a preseason contest October 13 at Carver Arena, marking Peoria’s first preseason game since the 2013 preseason when they played a home-and-home pair against the then-Bloomington Thunder. The Rivermen will open their regular season with games October 20 and 26 at Quad City before traveling to Evansville to battle the Thunderbolts the morning of Tuesday, October 30.

Peoria will open the home portion of their regular season schedule November 2 against the Storm, again battling Quad City the following night in Moline. The Rivermen will then host the Fayetteville Marksmen November 9 and 10 before playing a pair at Evansville the 16th and 17th. Peoria will play home games at Carver Arena November 23 against Evansville and November 24 with Pensacola before making the season’s only trip to Fayetteville to take on the Marksmen November 30 and December 1. ...

Read more at: http://www.rivermen.net/news-stats/rivermen-headlines/article/2018/07/rivermen-release-full-2018-19-schedule

38 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

To Peoria fans- the schedule posted on the Rivermen web site does not show your away game on Saturday, December 15, 2018 against Evansville. ...

@Make Marky GM : Right you are.  I'll keep an eye out for schedule updates, and substitute the team schedule image above accordingly.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

To Peoria fans- the schedule posted on the Rivermen web site does not show your away game on Saturday, December 15, 2018 against Evansville.  When planning your travels don't forget about this game.

Was just about to post this. Thought I was crazy when counting their games for the matrix I built. Counted at least 10 times and only came up with 27 away games. It’s missing from both the calendar and their press release. At least the Bolts remember it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

... It’s missing from both the calendar and their press release. At least the Bolts remember it!

So does Evansville get a forfeit victory when the Rivermen fail to show up?  :unsure:

• Confused 1

I just sent a message via the Rivermen website Contact page, asking them to check this game date omission.  Thanks again for catching that, Marky.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

I just sent a message via the Rivermen website Contact page, asking them to check this game date omission.  Thanks again for catching that, Marky.

👍

I just hope it hasn't been sent to printers yet!

4 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I just hope it hasn't been sent to printers yet!

The Opening Night Calendar Giveaway will come with one extra sticker for fans to place on the December 15th square.  They'll be an instant collector's item.  :happens:

• Haha 1