Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Worrell Added To Coaching Staff

BACK ON TOPIC....Former NHL player hired as assistant coach for the Marksmen. Well done Marksmen organization! Look forward to meeting him soon.

GO MARKSMEN! :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: :Marksmen: 

• Like 1

FACT: Worrell averaged 7:44 of ice time and .88 shots per game over his NHL career. 

22 hours ago, jbgentry said:

FACT: You have never played in the NHL....or any other professional hockey league most likely. ...

You never know who might be a member of a hockey board these days ... Elite Prospects Profile ...

5 hours ago, Harlan said:

Worrell never played a regular shift in the NHL. He was a one-trick pony whose role in the game has all but disappeared. Please tell me what, exactly, he can teach young, skilled players.

To me thats not necessarily a bad thing.  Just shows he was on the bench more to learn how his NHL coaches taught the game.  Plus he is an assistant coach, we have no clue in what capacity he will even be coaching.  He could just be teaching the guys the physical aspects of the game, team chemistry, or basically a scout.  A hockey coach needs to be a strategist and a good motivator. Not everything in hockey is about skill.  Skill helps a lot, but in professional hockey most of these players have already developed their skill sets.  A good coach looks at his teams strengths and weaknesses and creates a gameplan for them.  You can be the greatest skill player ever and be the worst coach and also not very skilled player and a great coach.  Just because you can put the puck in the net as a player in no way will make you a better coach. If you can't teach discipline, motivation, and good positioning its like the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

• Like 2

I'm going to re-open this topic. 

Harlan has been permabanned. I also blocked every IP address they have ever signed on with.

This "person" reported a bunch of posts for no other reason than to piss some of us off. And this is what happens when you piss off the guy with the keys to the kingdom, especially when you are the troll of which you claim to be reporting.

So...no posts will be removed, because this should serve as a lesson:

FACT:

LPC0bUp.gif

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Speedracer said:

I'm going to re-open this topic. 

Harlan has been permabanned. I also blocked every IP address they have ever signed on with.

This "person" reported a bunch of posts for no other reason than to piss some of us off. And this is what happens when you piss off the guy with the keys to the kingdom, especially when you are the troll of which you claim to be reporting.

So...no posts will be removed, because this should serve as a lesson:

FACT:

LPC0bUp.gif

Thanks Speed. 

Is there any chance this is so McNeil can be coached to win his first fight and then ride off into the retirement sunset?

Considering Worrell followed 9 years in the pro's with 10 years of coaching high school hockey, maybe his priorities have shifted away from fighting.

He can teach toughness without the fights.:girlfight:

1 hour ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Is there any chance this is so McNeil can be coached to win his first fight and then ride off into the retirement sunset?

vector-broken-record.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

I dont see McNeil returning this season. He could sign with someone else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

3 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I dont see McNeil returning this season. He could sign with someone else.

It could be the "real deal" in either situation:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

It could be the "real deal" in either situation:

Still get a great laugh from this one- probably the funniest Havoc ad ever! Doc