Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

HockeyRoanoke

Michael Economos Signed

AND he can actually play. 11 goals last year would slot him as the 8th best forward on last season’s roster. I’m all for carrying toughness, but we don’t need to waste one of our 16 skaters on a Drobot type who can’t play (Sorry, Marksmen fans).

16 minutes ago, Theoriginalalex said:

AND he can actually play. 11 goals last year would slot him as the 8th best forward on last season’s roster. I’m all for carrying toughness, but we don’t need to waste one of our 16 skaters on a Drobot type who can’t play (Sorry, Marksmen fans).

......I do believe he was signed for one thing, to fight.....I've noticed over the 4 years he has played, opposing fans don't seem to understand that reason. Now he is here for leadership as well. Anyways I'm just making a statement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

......I do believe he was signed for one thing, to fight.....I've noticed over the 4 years he has played, opposing fans don't seem to understand that reason. Now he is here for leadership as well. Anyways I'm just making a statement.

Opposing fans understand, we just tend to think that with the roster limitations of this league that a team cannot afford to use a roster spot on a skater whose only contribution takes place with his gloves off.

Just now, vicvegas said:

Opposing fans understand, we just tend to think that with the roster limitations of this league that a team cannot afford to use a roster spot on a skater whose only contribution takes place with his gloves off.

Understood.....well Economos is a good signing.

Nice I predicted this might happen after Peoria left him off their playoff roster.  I love this signing!!!!

Did anyone notice Bob McGinn's comment on Facebook:  "We are just getting started Dawg fans... more exciting signings to be announced soon... I am pumped for this season!!"

Exciting times ahead.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

Did anyone notice Bob McGinn's comment on Facebook:  "We are just getting started Dawg fans... more exciting signings to be announced soon... I am pumped for this season!!"

Exciting times ahead.

Yes, no matter what happens, I expect a lot tougher team then when we had Ftorek as our head coach.  I'm very excited about this upcoming year!

Pretty good signing for you guys.  He's not a great player.  He's not a great fighter.  He can skate a regular shift, and he can fight and provide some toughness if needed.  His versatility with those things makes him pretty useful.  He's a good line-up piece for you all, assuming you have the right pieces around him.  He's not a guy to expect to over-achieve from what I saw of him in Knoxville as a home player and few times as visitor.