Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Jersey Design Contest

27 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I liked them all.  But had to choose one that put the team name on the jersey.  I really liked option 2 but didn't vote for it because it would look horrendous with our red helmets and gloves.  If i knew we were going back to blue I would have probably voted for it.  My final vote went to option 3.  Kept mostly with our color scheme, implemented the Roanoke Star, and displayed the name so people can clearly see what team it is.

Any idea if the dawgs are wearing red helmets again?

Little disappointed that there wasn't a throw back Express choice.

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

Nope, have no clue what they will decide.  Heard they had to go to red because blue was out of stock with the company last year.  Not sure if they will keep with red or go back to the blue.  Thats only reason i didnt vote for yellow jersey.

24 minutes ago, Onetimer said:

Little disappointed that there wasn't a throw back Express choice.

I'm kind of happy there isn't one.  They are the Dawgs.  If they ever do wear an Express jersey I hope it's on a Roanoke Throwback promotion set up by management.  But then again, i'm not even sure if it would be possible.  I'm not sure who owns the Express name or trademark or if they would be allowed to wear them without permission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

According to Gavin before he left they were going back to blue and back to the original white and blue sweaters with the red as an alternate.

20 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

According to Gavin before he left they were going back to blue and back to the original white and blue sweaters with the red as an alternate.

That would be good for our home and away original jerseys.  With red gloves, helmets, and little red in the jerseys it doesn't go very well.  But I think the alternate would look good with either color gloves.

42 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I hope so, I started to miss the blue and white jerseys.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

it would look horrendous with our red helmets and gloves.  If i knew we were going back to blue I would have probably voted for it.

That occurred to me when designing, I really hope it’s blue again, as the primary jerseys looked awesome in year 1 and horrible in year 2, but mine would be ok with red, too.

Anyway...YEAH, I made it! I only found out yesterday from Brian Gardner, so I haven’t had to keep a secret long.

Edited by Theoriginalalex

I voted for the yellow 

25 minutes ago, Future said:

I voted for the yellow 

I like it, but only thing I was worried is it would look awful with our red helmets and gloves we had to change to in our second season.  If I knew we were going back to blue I would have probably voted for it as well.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, Greg81102 said:

Sorry Alex, I picked this one. No offense but the Y looked like a V and all I see is Rob Van Dam...

Yours is a good runner up. Like the colors.

We are now one week beyond the end of voting and, for those wondering, I haven’t heard anything about the results yet.

Good luck to you. They were some great designs. Then again, the Ice Flyers had a logo contest and the worst logo by a landslide (less than 10% liked it) picked this abomination for a couple of seasons...  :IceFlyersOldLogo:

On 8/17/2018 at 11:46 AM, Greg81102 said:

I liked them all.  But had to choose one that put the team name on the jersey.  I really liked option 2 but didn't vote for it because it would look horrendous with our red helmets and gloves.  If i knew we were going back to blue I would have probably voted for it.  My final vote went to option 3.  Kept mostly with our color scheme, implemented the Roanoke Star, and displayed the name so people can clearly see what team it is.

I'm sure that the name "BEER" had nothing to do with it, either...  :D

1 hour ago, Speedracer said:

I'm sure that the name "BEER" had nothing to do with it, either...  :D

I actually meant the team name.  I love #5 jersey but just looking at it you wouldn't have a clue where the team jersey came from.  But yes, as the saying goes beer makes everything better.  😂

• Haha 1

Honestly as much as I loved the mono red look last year, our blue and white are some of the best in the league. The red will look good with royal blue helmets, pants, and gloves, you know Blue, Blanc, Rouge style.