Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

22 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Morrisey finished last year on the Evansville roster and was not on their protected list.  Does his signing mean that all unprotected players are now eligible to re-sign with their old team?  I'm not sure why but I thought the earliest date was August 1 for unprotected players to re-sign with their old team.

That is the rule......seems all rules are changing the closer it gets.......ill leave that to our Senior mods to answer.

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Morrisey finished last year on the Evansville roster and was not on their protected list.  Does his signing mean that all unprotected players are now eligible to re-sign with their old team?  I'm not sure why but I thought the earliest date was August 1 for unprotected players to re-sign with their old team.

Too much time on my hands: I looked up in pointstreak.com/hockey, he finished the regular season on the team but he wasn't on the playoff roster- maybe that has something to do with his ability to sign prior to 8/1/18. 

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

That is the rule......seems all rules are changing the closer it gets.......ill leave that to our Senior mods to answer.

Seems like that's something for the SPHL to answer, not the senior mods.

20 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Seems like that's something for the SPHL to answer, not the senior mods.

I wouldn't leave it to the SPHL, somehow only the "Havoc staff" knew about or "announced" the rule change for vets last summer. Never heard it from any other team. Definitely a great job by the SPHL there. 🤐

1 hour ago, Marksmen3519 said:

I wouldn't leave it to the SPHL, somehow only the "Havoc staff" knew about or "announced" the rule change for vets last summer. Never heard it from any other team. Definitely a great job by the SPHL there. 🤐

Then why did all SPHL teams play with the same rule change (900 total games played by a maximum of 3 veterans) this past season, if "only the "Havoc staff" knew about" it? Do you really think only the Havoc would play with 1-3 vets with 900 games of experience, while the other 9 teams played with vets with more games if they could have?

I'm sure what he's saying is the one online reference Doc (or anyone) found came from Havoc staff - no other teams or the league appear to have posted anything about it.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

I'm sure what he's saying is the one online reference Doc (or anyone) found came from Havoc staff - no other teams or the league appear to have posted anything about it.

It may have not been posted by anyone but @hockeydoc, but all 10 SPHL teams played last season under the same restrictions- up to 3 vets with a limit of a total of 900 games.

55 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Glad to see someone understands what I was saying.

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Then why did all SPHL teams play with the same rule change (900 total games played by a maximum of 3 veterans) this past season, if "only the "Havoc staff" knew about" it?

Nobody said only the Havoc staff knew about it - just that their mention of it was the only instance found online. But this is supposed to be a signing thread, so let's get back on topic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

11 hours ago, MacGuy said:

10 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Glad to see someone understands what I was saying.

Let me tell you that I don't intentionally disseminate false information (or to use the current lexicon, "fake news"). As I posted in another thread, I am in no way a spokesman for the Havoc (or the SPHL for that matter), but when someone on the Havoc staff tell me something, I consider that information pretty reliable, especially in this particular discussion of the vet rule. At the risk of supporting P.O., all 9 other teams in the league played by the same 900-game limit last season. There was absolutely no reason for the Havoc to have 3 vets on the roster with only a cap of 900 total games while the rest of the teams could have vets with more experience on their rosters. Doc 

Edited by hockeydoc

2 hours ago, hockeydoc said:

Let me tell you that I don't intentionally disseminate false information (or to use the current lexicon, "fake news"). As I posted in another thread, I am in no way a spokesman for the Havoc (or the SPHL for that matter), but when someone on the Havoc staff tell me something, I consider that information pretty reliable, especially in this particular discussion of the vet rule. At the risk of supporting P.O., all 9 other teams in the league played by the same 900-game limit last season. There was absolutely no reason for the Havoc to have 3 vets on the roster with only a cap of 900 total games while the rest of the teams could have vets with more experience on their rosters. Doc 

Thanks for your veiled support. 

New face coming to the Thunderbolts Training Camp in October! Ryan Stayner is a Forward that plays in the Left Wing position. Please welcome him, Thunderbolts Family!

PLAYER STATISTICS
S TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2010-11 6.png Nichols School CISAA 7 0 2 2 8   |              
2011-12 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 35 1 3 4 93   | Playoffs 8 0 0 0 11  
2012-13 3.png Brockville Braves CCHL 12 0 0 0 24   |              
  6.png Buffalo Jr. Blades GOJHL 15 2 12 14 46   | Playoffs 4 1 2 3 8  
  3.png Port Colborne Pirates GOJHL 13 1 0 1 30   |              
  6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 0 0 0 0 0   | Playoffs 5 0 1 1 4  
2013-14 3.png St. Catharines Falcons GOJHL 38 8 8 16 94   | Playoffs 12 1 0 1 44  
2014-15 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 25 0 2 2 45   |              
2015-16 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 21 1 2 3 36   |              
2016-17 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 12 0 0 0 6   |              
2017-18 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 23 5 2 7 20   |              
2018-19 6.png Evansville Thunderbolts SPHL - - - - -   |              

8 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

New face coming to the Thunderbolts Training Camp in October! Ryan Stayner is a Forward that plays in the Left Wing position. Please welcome him, Thunderbolts Family!

PLAYER STATISTICS
S TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2010-11 6.png Nichols School CISAA 7 0 2 2 8   |              
2011-12 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 35 1 3 4 93   | Playoffs 8 0 0 0 11  
2012-13 3.png Brockville Braves CCHL 12 0 0 0 24   |              
  6.png Buffalo Jr. Blades GOJHL 15 2 12 14 46   | Playoffs 4 1 2 3 8  
  3.png Port Colborne Pirates GOJHL 13 1 0 1 30   |              
  6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 0 0 0 0 0   | Playoffs 5 0 1 1 4  
2013-14 3.png St. Catharines Falcons GOJHL 38 8 8 16 94   | Playoffs 12 1 0 1 44  
2014-15 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 25 0 2 2 45   |              
2015-16 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 21 1 2 3 36   |              
2016-17 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 12 0 0 0 6   |              
2017-18 6.png Buffalo State College NCAA III 23 5 2 7 20   |              
2018-19 6.png Evansville Thunderbolts SPHL - - - - -   |              

He was apart of the multiple player signing back in July....so not a signing announcement. They have been making these type of annoincements about every signing thus far. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:54 AM, MacGuy said:

Thunderbolts add 6 to training camp roster

By Bethany Miller - Ch. 14 News

Read more at: http://www.14news.com/story/38603841/thunderbolts-add-6-to-training-camp-roster

Here it is.