Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

2018-19 Promotional Calender

I'm pretty excited about November 24th with Washington Capitals Night.  Should be fun and can't wait to see the jerseys!

Calendar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm pretty excited about November 24th with Washington Capitals Night.  Should be fun and can't wait to see the jerseys!

Calendar

I am not a Caps fan (obviously) but I don’t hate them or anything. However, I don’t know if that’s the best promo. I feel like it alienated non-Caps fans. I get that they’re cashing in on the popularity of a team winning the cup and they’re close by so there’s a lot of fans but I feel like I see other NHL jerseys at Dawgs games just as much as Caps jerseys. 

29 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I am not a Caps fan (obviously) but I don’t hate them or anything. However, I don’t know if that’s the best promo. I feel like it alienated non-Caps fans. I get that they’re cashing in on the popularity of a team winning the cup and they’re close by so there’s a lot of fans but I feel like I see other NHL jerseys at Dawgs games just as much as Caps jerseys. 

I'm not a huge Caps fan either.  I'm a Flyers fan but I like the idea.  To me promotions bring new people in.  People will come just for the promotion, but it won't turn anybody a way.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan either but its a nice promotion for the ones that do.  More promotions they have the better it is, no matter if the fans like the concept or not.

9 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm not a huge Caps fan either.  I'm a Flyers fan but I like the idea.  To me promotions bring new people in.  People will come just for the promotion, but it won't turn anybody a way.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan either but its a nice promotion for the ones that do.  More promotions they have the better it is, no matter if the fans like the concept or not.

I’m all for promotions but I don’t know how successful a hockey themed promotion will be at a hockey game. I feel like if you’re a hockey fan you’re already coming to some Dawgs games. It’d be better to target a market that usually doesn’t come to hockey games. 

I’m excited to see what the Caps themed jersey will look like though. 

Even if your a hardcore hockey fan some people can't make it to all the games because of money, time, or lots of different things.  But see this and have to go.  Every promotion helps and does something.  It will definately help more then the 7 games that doesn't have a promotion at all.

2 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Even if your a hardcore hockey fan some people can't make it to all the games because of money, time, or lots of different things.  But see this and have to go.  Every promotion helps and does something.  It will definately help more then the 7 games that doesn't have a promotion at all.

Oh I agree 100%. Personally, I think it’d be cool to do a “NHL rivalry” night instead of focusing on one team and do a vote for the jersey like they did for the college night a few years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Oh I agree 100%. Personally, I think it’d be cool to do a “NHL rivalry” night instead of focusing on one team and do a vote for the jersey like they did for the college night a few years ago. 

That would be cool, or just next year have the same promotion no matter whoever wins The Stanley Cup.  The promotion might even bring in new fans who usually wouldn't drive that far to see a game in Roanoke.  I know the guy who runs Bring Hockey Back To Richmond on Facebook who tries to make it to a game.  Also a huge Caps fan.  This would be great for him and his family.

17 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

That would be cool, or just next year have the same promotion no matter whoever wins The Stanley Cup.  The promotion might even bring in new fans who usually wouldn't drive that far to see a game in Roanoke.  I know the guy who runs Bring Hockey Back To Richmond on Facebook who tries to make it to a game.  Also a huge Caps fan.  This would be great for him and his family.

I’m all for making that a tradition so when the Canucks win the cup in 2045 I can get a Dawgs/Canucks jersey. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I’m all for making that a tradition so when the Canucks win the cup in 2045 I can get a Dawgs/Canucks jersey. 

Be even greater if one of our owner's teams won the cup.  That would make the promotion even better!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

I envy your loyalty, '13.  So I hereby pledge to attend the RYD promotional night in the season immediately after the St. Louis Blues hoist the Stanley Cup in ... a completely separate branch of the space-time continuum.  spacecraft.gif

• Haha 1