Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Future

Teams that should return

What are some SPHL teams that should return 

I honestly don't understand why the RiverKings folded.  I'd like to see them all come back though...and I wish a team in Asheville NC would come back as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Volstate said:

I honestly don't understand why the RiverKings folded.  I'd like to see them all come back though...and I wish a team in Asheville NC would come back as well. 

I thought part of the equation with the RiverKings was the Landers Center having gotten the G-League in last year.

The FHL has been sniffing around the more marginal markets ever since they put a team in Winston-Salem and found someone competent to run it. They were looking at Asheville but couldn't get enough weekend dates to make it work this year.

• Like 1

The Louisiana Ice Gators in the glorious newly renovated CajunDome! #GeauxGatorsGeaux

:IceGators:

28 minutes ago, ChompNation said:

The Louisiana Ice Gators in the glorious newly renovated CajunDome! #GeauxGatorsGeaux

:IceGators:

What took you so long, Chomp?  :thumbsup:

Columbus Cottonmouths, Fayetteville FireAntz name, and to a lesser extent IceGators

Definitely, Columbus Cottonmouths though.  They’re the only one of the Original Four missing even if the FireAntz changed their name.

Welcome to the Forums!

The good folks of Louisiana might object to the "lesser extent" notion.

You do know that there were 8 original teams and never less than 6, right?

54 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Welcome to the Forums!

The good folks of Louisiana might object to the "lesser extent" notion.

You do know that there were 8 original teams and never less than 6, right?

Not trying to be mean.  I just have less desire to see them return.  That’s better than being a team like the Florida Seals who no one even remembers.

Yeah, but those are the four I remember that seemed vital to the league.  In the old six team days there were always two that were only a few years old/a few years from closing.  Those four stood the test of time, at least until Columbus folded.  I guess Pensacola is the next one still in the league after them, and I think they are not even 10 years old now.