Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Former Player News : Greiner, Llorca, Gjurich, Parisi

Former Dawg News:

Ben Greiner has signed to play in France with Cergy
Vincent Llorca has signed to play with Lyon in his native France
Tyler Gjurich has resigned with the Watertown Wolves of the FHL
Anthony Parisi will play in Sweden with VG Hockey

FB_IMG_1533685024471.jpg

CREDIT TO JAMEY, :RailYardDawgs: Park FB PAGE

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

OK, I give up. Why isn't Tyler Gjurich playing in a higher level league.  Anyone have the scoop on why?  He dominates the Federal League and was named player of the week twice in a short stint in the SP.  I know dominating the FHL doesn't necessarily make you a great all-round player but this guy obviously has offensive talents.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/62464/tyler-gjurich

Edited by Make Marky GM

29 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

OK, I give up. Why isn't Tyler Gjurich playing in a higher level league.  Anyone have the scoop on why?  He dominates the Federal League and was named player of the week twice in a short stint in the SP.  I know dominating the FHL doesn't necessarily make you a great all-round player but this guy obviously has offensive talents.

It's extremely rare for a player who enters/settles in the pro ranks @ Single A to advance much further.  Tyler's junior numbers showed promise, but he clearly didn't get much notice from the NHL scouting community which would've given him some hope for the future.  5'10"-180 lb. forwards aren't a particularly valuable commodity, and at age 26 the ink of his hockey career story is close to being dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

I heard rumors he was toxic for the locker room.  He was placed on team suspension every team he played with in the SPHL.  So that would back up those rumors.  Another rumor was he didn't like playing any defense.  Whether they are the real reasons i'm not sure.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, Greg81102 said:

I heard rumors he was toxic for the locker room.  He was placed on team suspension every team he played with in the SPHL.  So that would back up those rumors.  Another rumor was he didn't like playing any defense.  Whether they are the real reasons i'm not sure.

Heard the same stuff. I know there was one occasion in which the Dawgs were short some d-men and Ftorek asked him to play some on D for some parts of a game and he refused. I know he sat a few games for that incident and then his not being well liked in the locker room lead to his being sent out.

8 minutes ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

RapidFire19...thanks for stealing the post and graphic I created from The Dawg Park facebook page and not crediting your source. 🤔 

Sorry about that Jamey.  Love your fan page!  Keep up the good work.  Have to cut him some slack, he is a Marksmen fan.  😂  He is a nice guy i'm sure he will fix it for you!!

3 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

RapidFire19...thanks for stealing the post and graphic I created from The Dawg Park facebook page and not crediting your source. 🤔 

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Sorry about that Jamey.  Love your fan page!  Keep up the good work.  Have to cut him some slack, he is a Marksmen fan.  😂  He is a nice guy i'm sure he will fix it for you!!

Just saw this. Sorry about that, forgot to credit you....

On 8/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, Make Marky GM said:

Looking at this new tattoo, it looks like Tyler Gjurich is pretty happy where he is:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1773908916037945&id=649632085132306

• Like 1