Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SouthernHockeyGirl

Marksmen Player Signing Discussion

Certainly not 33.3 ppg:

6.png Tim Kielich

PLAYER FACTS
  • Position
    F
  • Height
    6'0" / 183 cm
  • Weight
    185 lbs / 84 kg
  • Shoots
    L
  • Contract
    -

PLAYER STATISTICS
S TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2009-10 6.png St. Francis High Prep MPHL 13 5 3 8 10   | Playoffs 2 1 2 3 0  
2010-11 6.png St. Francis High Prep MPHL 13 3 5 8 4   | Playoffs 2 0 0 0 0  
2011-12 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 45 13 15 28 24   | Playoffs 7 3 3 6 0  
2012-13 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 49 10 17 27 28   | Playoffs 10 0 1 1 0  
2013-14 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 52 8 15 23 19   | Playoffs 11 4 3 7 0  
2014-15 6.png Buffalo Jr. Sabres OJHL 54 16 21 37 12   | Playoffs 7 2 2 4 0  
2015-16 6.png SUNY-Brockport NCAA III 26 12 19 31 4   |              
2016-17 6.png SUNY-Brockport NCAA III 26 3 23 26 6   |              
2017-18 6.png SUNY-Brockport NCAA III 25 6 13 19 2   |              
  6.png Adirondack Thunder ECHL 2 0 0 0 0 -2 |              

PLAYER CAREER TOTALS
LEAGUE GP G A TP PPG PIM +/-   GP G A TP PPG PIM +/-
16.png ECHL 2 0 0 0 0.00 0 -2 |              
16.png MPHL 26 8 8 16 0.62 14 0 | 4 1 2 3 0.75 0 0
6.png NCAA III 77 21 55 76 0.99 12 0 |              
3.png OJHL 200 47 68 115 0.58 83 0 | 35 9 9 18 0.51 0 0
Edited by PlannedObsolescence

These hints for Thursday's player announcement are very vague. Doesn't narrow it down much at all. 

Twitter clue: Traveled all across the country during his young career.

Facebook clue: This player won a championship last season playing for multiple teams.

Shawn may have me on this one but I'll throw out the name C.J. Hayes. He was on the Watertown Wolves (FHL) championship team (clue).  He played for multiple teams in 2017/18 (clue), Lake Superior St., Mississippi River Kings and Watertown. He is only 23 so that could fit with his young career. (clue)  I don't know if being born in Florida and playing in Illinois, North Dakota, Michigan, Mississippi and New York qualifies as all over the country (clue) but it is a lot of travel.

Stay safe Fayetteville.

Edited by Make Marky GM

7 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Another rookie.

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm looking forward to the season but can't help but wonder how a group of mostly 1st year players can possibly match up against Macon and Huntsville with both teams returning an almost intact roster from last season.  But now the biggest concern for the team will be the economic impact due to Hurricane Florence.  Unfortunately, the attendance levels probably go back to the 2016/17 levels caused in part by Hurricane Matthew.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

...  But now the biggest concern for the team will be the economic impact due to Hurricane Florence.  Unfortunately, the attendance levels probably go back to the 2016/17 levels caused in part by Hurricane Matthew.

Maybe when QC comes to town the Storm will bring in an increased number of fans.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

So the two previous goalies signed are going to ECHL camps first? Goaltending was an issue last year. Just hope there isn't a repeat this year.

Lots of SPHL players will be in an ECHL camp.  Training camp will start for them sometime like last year, when it started September 29th and opening day rosters needed to be turned in by October 11th.  So plenty of time after their camp to know if you need to scramble to fill roster spots.  Each league starts its camp earlier or later for the trickle down effect.

Wow! I just noticed one of our protected players, Andrew DeBrincat has been invited to the Rockford IceHogs training camp on a PTO (AHL Affiliate of the Chicago Black Hawks).  I know he showed some skills in the few games he played for the Marksmen but not sure they were AHL skills. (not that I would know)  I suppose the fact his brother plays for the Black Hawks could play into the organizations decision to give Andrew the experience of an AHL camp. On another note-- Andrew was a teammate for the last four years in college of our recently signed goalie, Alex Murray at American International College. 

BTW, I don't think we'll get to see DeBrincat in Fayetteville this year but we can hope.

• Like 2