Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

dnf

Booster Club

Is the Marksmen Booster Club still active ? 

45 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Except their Facebook and Twitter pages are down. 

In all fairness, they've been busy moving coaches in and out of town.  They've had so many going away dinners for coaches and front office that other areas have suffered.

I kid, I kid!  Sorry Fayetteville Forum Frequenters. You all are here in good numbers, and these softballs just keep getting lobbed over the plate.

• Haha 1

I saw that pic on the Marksmen Facebook page today.  I thought feeding the players during training camp was one of the many things the Booster Club does to take care of the players.  I've never seen a team openly advertise to help feed a team during training camp.  

Posted (edited)

Let's count the casualty list so far--Jeff Bes (coach), Jeff Longo (President), Nick Mazzolini (coach), Ryan Cruthers (Director of Hockey Ops), Phil Esposito (coach), John Bierchen (coach), Michael Marotta (Account Executive), Daniel Nutall (Account Exec), Matthaeus Wanninger (equipment Mgr.), Stephanie Powell (Promotions), Nathan Driscoll (Asst GM & director of ticket sales), Patrick Stack (VP & dir. of Corp partnerships), Ben Garrod (Communications),  Charlie Hildbold (President for 6 weeks), even the long-time Zamboni driver left--who'd I miss.  That's all in 15 months. 

Now the Booster Club goes belly up.  I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what is going on but as a casual(**Corrected**) fan it just looks like things are a total mess.  At least we'll have hockey for 2018/19.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Let's count the casualty list so far--Jeff Bes (coach), Jeff Longo (President), Nick Mazzolini (coach), Ryan Cruthers (Director of Hockey Ops), Phil Esposito (coach), John Bierchen (coach), Michael Marotta (Account Executive), Daniel Nutall (Account Exec), Matthaeus Wanninger (equipment Mgr.), Stephanie Powell (Promotions), Nathan Driscoll (Asst GM & director of ticket sales), Patrick Stack (VP & dir. of Corp partnerships), Ben Garrod (Communications),  Charlie Hildbold (President for 6 weeks), even the long-time Zamboni driver left--who'd I miss.  That's all in 15 months. 

Now the Booster Club goes belly up.  I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what is going on but as a casual fan it just looks like things are a total mess.  At least we'll have hockey for 2018/19.

That's quite a list from a "casual fan"! Lots of research went into your post.

Edited by PlannedObsolescence
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, Make Marky GM said:

Now the Booster Club goes belly up.  I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what is going on but as a casual(**Corrected**) fan it just looks like things are a total mess.  At least we'll have hockey for 2018/19.

Add John Lowes ( Intern ) to the list ...not listed with the Front Office staff on the webpage now 

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2018 at 6:40 AM, dnf said:

Add John Lowes ( Intern ) to the list ...not listed with the Front Office staff on the webpage now 

I have been told by a reliable source that John Lowes found a real job and and for that reason moved on.  

I just want to add this and then I'll shut up about the subject--I feel bad for the players, especially the first year players.  A good booster club does a lot for the players and makes them feel welcome and takes care of a lot of their needs so they can just concentrate on hockey.  I hope things are worked out and the players are taken care of in some sort of way.  After all the owner has said from the beginning that he wants to make the Marksmen organization a first rate organization.  I'm out. 

Edited by Make Marky GM

7 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

I have been told by a reliable source that John Lowes found a real job and and for that reason moved on.  Another name for the list (pointed out to me by the same source) is Jessa Carey. She was Director of Outside Sales & Military Affairs.

I just want to add this and then I'll shut up about the subject--I feel bad for the players, especially the first year players.  A good booster club does a lot for the players and makes them feel welcome and takes care of a lot of their needs so they can just concentrate on hockey.  I hope things are worked out and the players are taken care of in some sort of way.  After all the owner has said from the beginning that he wants to make the Marksmen organization a first rate organization.  I'm out. 

I'm right there with you.  Without a booster club it will be hard if its true.  They do a ton of work for the players.  Get them situated into housing, prepare to feed teams after each game, and just try to make the players as comfortable as possible along with other problems that arise during the season.  Whatever happens, I hope it works out for the Marksmen.

• Like 1