Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Alex von Keudell Named Next “Voice of the Mayhem”

Alex von Keudell Named Next “Voice of the Mayhem”

MACON, GA- The Macon Mayhem have announced the hiring of Alex von Keudell as the team’s new Director of Media Relations & Broadcasting. He will take on the previous role of Erik Evenson, who has accepted a position as the Director of Media & Community Relations for the Walk-On’s Independence Bowl in Shreveport, Louisiana (see story here).

“When we first started the search for a broadcaster, Alex immediately stood out as the frontrunner,” Mayhem General Manager Blair Floyd said. “He started up the broadcasting program at Bradley from scratch and had three years of experience in the NAHL. His proven track record showed he’d be a great asset to our organization. We are excited to have him and to see him prosper.”

The 25-year-old native has worked in the North American Hockey League’s South Division for the past three seasons, calling a total of nearly 200 games for the Wichita Falls Wildcats (2015-17) and the Corpus Christi IceRays (2017-18). With both organizations, von Keudell was responsible for broadcasting all home & away games, writing and distributing team press releases, managing the team website and social media sites, establishing relationships with local TV & radio stations, and creating digital content.

“I’m thrilled to take what I’ve learned to the professional level and become a part of the Macon Mayhem,” von Keudell said. “It’s a classy organization with a great facility and a passionate, up-and-coming fan base. The staff have treated me remarkably well, and I’m looking forward to getting started and immersing myself in the Macon community.”

Von Keudell hails from Chicago, IL and began broadcasting in college, having attended Bradley University in Peoria, IL. While there, he founded the broadcasting department for the school’s MACHA DIII club hockey team, which continues today to serve as an avenue through which students can pursue their passions in the broadcasting and journalism fields. After graduating, von Keudell began his career in Texas and generated excellent viewership on HockeyTV.com, ranking near the top of the NAHL all three seasons.