Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

vicvegas

SPHL Live

Has anyone heard anything about SPHL live game streaming for this season? The website is still showing last season's info, I know I had purchased my package for last season by this point last year.

11 hours ago, vicvegas said:

Has anyone heard anything about SPHL live game streaming for this season? The website is still showing last season's info, I know I had purchased my package for last season by this point last year.

Yea, same here.  I purchased a lot sooner and got the early bird special.  Hopefully they are doing something about the prices.  AHL changed streaming services and the cost is 1/3 of what we payed for Neulion.  

I actually just checked it again and this season's info is finally up.

It is still outrageously priced $84.99 for an away team pass with no free preview.  While AHL you you get away team pass for $39.99 and free preview for everyone from Oct.5-8.  The cost of an all access full season pass to watch every game in the league is $79.99.  Which is cheaper then a SPHL team away pass.  I think its ridiculous considering the AHL is way higher league then the SPHL and have tons more teams and total games then the SPHL.

I wonder if that "tons more teams and total games" - meaning many more subscribers - is why they can offer better rates.

I wouldn't think so.  You would think more games, teams, and quality of hockey to watch they would charge more.  Just like tickets to the games.  Then you look at AHL plays games almost every night.  Who would really buy the all access to SPHL games for $199.99 which is $120.00 more expensive, when just about everyone plays games on the same nights basically.  If you got $200 to blow on all access pass, you probably have season tickets and will miss alot of the games anyways.  Unless you go back and watch them on replay and thats no fun.

54 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

I wonder if that "tons more teams and total games" - meaning many more subscribers - is why they can offer better rates.

Found this and it answers your question.  This is the pricing for AHL Live Neulion for the 2016/17 season.

https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/ahl-live-early-bird-pricing-now-available-for-2016-17-season/n-5206591

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

... Who would really buy the all access to SPHL games for $199.99 ... when just about everyone plays games on the same nights basically.  If you got $200 to blow on all access pass, you probably have season tickets and will miss alot of the games anyways. ...

Yeah, it'd be way too hard for me to justify plunking down that kinda coin.  But thanks for the heads up on AHLTV's free season-opening weekend, Greg.  Mrs. JMC 'n' me aren't planning any AHL road trips this season, so this will be a good way to get my fix outta the way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Yeah, it'd be way too hard for me to justify plunking down that kinda coin.  But thanks for the heads up on AHLTV's free season-opening weekend, Greg.  Mrs. JMC 'n' me aren't planning any AHL road trips this season, so this will be a good way to get my fix outta the way.

I will definately be watching the free preview too.  Want to see the quality of the broadcasts.  I can't see it being any worse then Neulion.  They must feel pretty good about it to give you a preview before you have to buy it.  For their prices i could see a lot more people purchasing it. There has been a few times you couldn't even watch the games on Neulion because of technical difficulties.  I wouldn't be so mad about it with AHL prices.  Only about a dollar a game for an away team package.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Who would really buy the all access to SPHL games for $199.99 which is $120.00 more expensive, when just about everyone plays games on the same nights basically.  If you got $200 to blow on all access pass, you probably have season tickets and will miss alot of the games anyways.  Unless you go back and watch them on replay and thats no fun.

My guess is Mike Campos is about the only subscriber to the all access package and I'm sure he gets a tax write off for it. I will also be taking advantage of the AHL free preview, thanks for the heads up Greg.

• Like 1