Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
JMC-STL

AHLTV

I signed up for an account with this new hockey media product, as the AHL is offering free web & mobile casts all through their season opening weekend.  So far, so very good with video quality with my new high-speed cable service for Period 1 of each of four Friday night games out east. Audio quality varies from facility to facility, with some of them only feeding one channel; and the audio feed is entirely silent in Utica, but at least they had a banner under the video window advising that reported they're working on it. I'm not sure what the "Tag Game Event" buttons are at the bottom of the game page. :unsure:

I'm gonna surf around as the other games start, to get a feel for the differences from arena to arena. Saturday or Sunday I was planning to give the mobile feeds a try to see what extras they have to offer; but a poster on HF Boards reported that there were issues with that feed tonight. In the early going, this to me is certainly a promising hockey media product just for the PC video quality alone. SPHL: Pay attention.  :hockey:

I agree, it makes flames shoot out of my ears thinking how much I have to pay compared to AHLTV.  All the problems you mentioned is always problems on the SPHL Live telecasts.  Some times audio doesn't work.  Sometimes it works but the audio is ahead of the video, so you hear what happens before you get to see it. Sometimes, they don't even show the game because of technical difficulties. If it was the same price it would make it a lot easier to overlook some of these malfunctions.

I suspect that the differences in webcast quality among the AHL arenas will remain noticeable, as long as each facility provides and maintains its own video & audio equipment. But on the whole, I'd say HockeyTech is well on it's way to setting the sub-NHL standard for digital media productions in both quality & price point. I just hope their future popularity doesn't dilute the product and/or inflate the subscription prices..