Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Make Marky GM

Training Camp Rosters?

I think the Birmingham Bulls just posted theirs on their facebook page. 

What difference does a "final camp roster" make? We know that there will be cuts (teams will have more than 19 players in camp). There will be players filtering down from higher leagues and call-ups even between now and the start of the season. So whoever's on the "final camp roster" may or may not be on the season-opening roster.

2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Guess I'm truly not your buddy after all 😭

The mods deleted my post for some unknown reason.  Why they can defend your inappropriate posts I'll never know.  This forum will be shutting down soon. I'm going to beat them to the exit.  

It was deleted because of the language you used, as you have in the past. That part of your contributions to the Forum won't be missed.

21 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

It was deleted because of the language you used, as you have in the past. That part of your contributions to the Forum won't be missed.

This is one of the reasons we see far less Fayetteville members on the our forum. If our posts are not considered positive, you get blasted for the comments. There are only 3-4 members constantly posting. The Fireantz forum was much better. Who knows, might be a reason why there are far less donations this season.

The team he's a fan of had zero to do with my reaction. It was a personal attack and it was inappropriate for any public forum.

Ironically, he was one of the most vocal when anyone said anything that could be viewed as even slightly negative about the Antz.

I have to agree with PO on this one 😟. Example- Andrew Tessier was in Huntsville less than 36 hours- came down from the ECHL, arrived in Huntsville Monday night, I did his physical Tuesday AM, and he was recalled back up that very night. Even those on a team's roster at the end of camp may or may not stick with that team during the regular season. Doc

• Thanks 1

While I agree that the rosters will change quickly for teams, it is still informative.  I was wondering where Birmingham's enforcer from last year was at since I didn't see his name on the training camp list for this year.  When

I looked at the Macon list, I saw where he was on their roster currently.  He was a fun player to watch here in Bham.  I think a lot of us read this forum to get as much info as we can - thanks to all of you that contribute.

I don't even know how to skate, but I love watching me some Hockey and am glad the season is about to start !!  

Edited by Pelham Bull

9 hours ago, MacGuy said:

The team he's a fan of had zero to do with my reaction. It was a personal attack and it was inappropriate for any public forum.

Ironically, he was one of the most vocal when anyone said anything that could be viewed as even slightly negative about the Antz.

Mac,

Agreed with your post about not having anything to do with your reaction. I felt it was time for someone from our forum to comment. But, read all my post from the antz. I'm a sports Fan all around and when my team is not doing well, I will criticize the problem area no matter what sport it is. And, would post positive on someone's post if I felt it was needed. If you look into the Marksmen forum, there have been posts that were slightly negative but were correct and was responded by border line attacks.I feel we can not post unless it is 100% positive. That's not what forums are about. I have never and will not attack or criticize anyone for posting. I even enjoy reading posts from Fred and PO. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1