Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

Who do you keep/who do you cut?

How many players will be cut for the final roster and who would you keep and cut?

You don't keep the 3rd period goalie Ryan Mulder.  It would be a hard decision between keeping Tanner Creel or Jacob Caffrey.  I guess that will play out in last week in practice.  I'd say Caffrey looked the best but he also saw 12 shots to Creel's 5.  I liked what I saw from the Peoria pickups we got.  Anybody heard anything from Maxime Guyon?  He wasn't listed on the roster.  I'm hoping they just let him come later like a couple players last year who attended ECHL camps.  Had a lot of our firepower not dressed.  Seen a lot of good.  But we definately need to get Dan Bremner back behind our bench. 😂

1 minute ago, Greg81102 said:

You don't keep the 3rd period goalie Ryan Mulder.  It would be a hard decision between keeping Tanner Creel or Jacob Caffrey.  I guess that will play out in last week in practice.  I'd say Caffrey looked the best but he also saw 12 shots to Creel's 5.  I liked what I saw from the Peoria pickups we got.  Anybody heard anything from Maxime Guyon?  He wasn't listed on the roster.  I'm hoping they just let him come later like a couple players last year who attended ECHL camps.  Had a lot of our firepower not dressed.  Seen a lot of good.  But we definately need to get Dan Bremner back behind our bench. 😂

I liked O’Brien and the Peoria guys. Also, glad to see Bauer back! Didn’t really like what I saw from Love and I’ve never been a big Tatrn fan. 

I heard from a booster club member that Guyon  would be joining the team this Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I liked O’Brien and the Peoria guys. Also, glad to see Bauer back! Didn’t really like what I saw from Love and I’ve never been a big Tatrn fan. 

How its looking we will only have to cut 1 defenseman.  We only had 7 listed unless they left one i can't think of off the list like they did Maxime Guyon.

2 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

How its looking we will only have to cut 1 defenseman.  We only had 7 listed unless they left one i can't think of off the list like they did Maxime Guyon.

I think the Dawgs have a solid team even better if Guyon returns. It’s also nice to see Sova is going to be working behind the scenes. 

7 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I feel kinda bad for Mulder, I liked what I saw from him during the one training camp session I was able to make it to, I think maybe the pressure of knowing there were three guys competing for one slot and seeing the other 2 put up shutout periods was just too much for him. 

1 minute ago, vicvegas said:

I feel kinda bad for Mulder, I liked what I saw from him during the one training camp session I was able to make it to, I think maybe the pressure of knowing there were three guys competing for one slot and seeing the other 2 put up shutout periods was just too much for him. 

I agree, people I were with were talking about the same thing.  Have one job open with 3 other guys and the first two get a shutout probably really put the pressure on him.  But thought a couple of them were soft, while Caffrey played his butt off in his period.

I have heard the same about Guyon being back early this week.

Do we keep three goalies? Is Barone likely to get called up?

Not much of a knee jerk reaction guy. I did like the rookies forwards Miska and Nielsen. 

Rosters had to be cut down to 22 today. I have not seen any RYD cuts. I did see Peoria’s.

57 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I have heard the same about Guyon being back early this week.

Do we keep three goalies? Is Barone likely to get called up?

Not much of a knee jerk reaction guy. I did like the rookies forwards Miska and Nielsen. 

Rosters had to be cut down to 22 today. I have not seen any RYD cuts. I did see Peoria’s.

Thats what I was thinking, but doubt they use 3 spots for a goalie.  Usually always atleast one banged up position player who could use a game off.  Not sure who I would keep as a back up.  Caffrey and Creel both looked good to me.  Miska was the one who stood out with being the most physical.  But I figure come Friday night there will be tons more hitting then we saw in the preseason game.  Was real impressed by Economos.  Know he lead the league in fights last year but he proved he has plenty of hockey skills to go with it.  Peoria is the also only team I saw announce cuts.  Might expect something on it tomorrow or some teams might just wait til Wednesday to make all the announcements.

• Like 1

Got a feeling Rowland is going to be really solid on D this season. Frederow, too. 

I liked what i saw from O'Brien too.  We could actually keep all our defensemen in camp if thats what coach wants is 6 defenders and 1 extra to sit out.  He has some tough decisions to make about cuts.  Atleast he has an assistant to talk it through with now.  Based off the preseason game there is only 1 guy I would have been sure to cut and thats Mulder the 3rd goalie.  Rest of it is up in the air in my opinion.

12 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Got a feeling Rowland is going to be really solid on D this season. Frederow, too. 

I’ve been a Rowland fan since he returned from injury last season. It’s hard to replace Schneider but I think Rowland could. 

• Like 1

Possible move to sign another veteran?