Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Phil Bronner Traded

Phil Bronner was traded to QC for future considerations and Ryan Mulder released from training camp.  Trading Bronner opens up a veteran spot.  Maybe it means we can expect to sign another veteran.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147/news_510443

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking. 

Gotta be SOVA, looks like the only reason to trade him is to open a VET spot on the roster.

I heard that Sova is done playing and will be assisting with coaching duties. Not necessarily, on the bench but maybe up in the rafters and what not. 

8 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I heard that Sova is done playing and will be assisting with coaching duties. Not necessarily, on the bench but maybe up in the rafters and what not. 

I coach up in the rafters at our arena.  The pay is terrible.  I go in the hole over $20 per game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't think its possible they did it to sign Sova.  Just Sova's and Dion's game add up to 770.  So including Steve Mele thats way over the limit.

Actually Sova isn't going to work on the games. We have a vet spot open now for a player that has 394 games. Sova has played 397.

Maybe they opened up a spot so Sam Ftorek could come back and play.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Don't think its possible they did it to sign Sova.  Just Sova's and Dion's game add up to 770.  So including Steve Mele thats way over the limit.

670 games between Sova(397) and Dion(273), you added a 100 games. :)

Edited by PlayaHtr

Steve Mele 233

Cody Dion 273

Joe Sova 397

Total games 1,167

1 minute ago, Canucks13 said:

I don't think he would fit into Coach Brems system. LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, Greg81102 said:

Steve Mele 233

Cody Dion 273

Joe Sova 397

Total games 1,167

903 what kind of calculator are you using? :)

1 minute ago, Greg81102 said:

Steve Mele 233

Cody Dion 273

Joe Sova 397

Total games 1,167

Yea lol my adding way off.  Even did it on calculator on my phone and added one twice 😂

• Like 1

I'm still excited about the possibility of adding a veteran maybe none of us is even thinking about.

9 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I just feel like vomiting after reading this !!

• Haha 3

I still think there is a chance they carry three goalies to begin the season . Slim but a chance. Guyon was not at morning skate either.

3 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I still think there is a chance they carry three goalies to begin the season . Slim but a chance. Guyon was not at morning skate either.

I think someone said he would be in town Tuesday.  I'm not going to start worrying about it unless you tell me he still isn't there tomorrow.

Tuesday is what I heard as well. He IMO is going to have a big year.

15 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I just feel like vomiting after reading this !!

It was really hard for me to type that out.

• Like 1

I can't imagine any scenario where this move makes sense that doesn't involve a veteran d-man being signed. Especially considering it was for f.c. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I can't imagine any scenario where this move makes sense that doesn't involve a veteran d-man being signed. Especially considering it was for f.c. 

Maybe they will send Mitchell Mueller back to Roanoke for the 90th time. *shrugs*

In all seriousness, I am sure they have something planned and I agree that they wouldn't just get rid of Bronner for no reason.

18 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I agree, but Quad City was the only SPHL team with VET space. They currently have 1 vet signed. Bronner will give them a 2nd.

3 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I have to say I agree.  Have 2 veteran forwards.  Now just need someone that is a veteran on the defense. I can't even think any except Sova, Schneider, Tesoriero, or Price the guy for Knoxville who was suspended for shooting the puck in Huntsville's bench.  But he was rejected for coming back to the league last year.  Sova and Schneider have too many games played.  Tesoriero was signed to Knoxville.  So i'm drawing blanks.

Knoxville has 923 total games played between their 3 vets McNeil, John Tolles, and Phil Tesoriero so one of them has to go before opening night and I don't see McNeil being let go so maybe Tesoriero or Tolles (both are D-men).

Edited by vicvegas
  • Like 1