Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

KennyLang1775

No Guyon Or Dumontier but...

There were 19 skaters and three goalies at morning practice. With Bronner gone there had to be at least one new guy...maybe two?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KennyLang1775 said:

There were 19 skaters and three goalies at morning practice. With Bronner gone there had to be at least one new guy...maybe two?

Still think one is probably a veteran unless they just wanted to leave a spot open.  Notice if they were defensemen or forwards?  Kyle McNeil or Kyle Haines are my best guesses.  But McNeil wouldn't have been hard to pick out.  Haines is the only other veteran I can find that isn't signed.

My eyes are nearing 50 but one guy looked similar to Babenko ...... I am old!

You're all going to feel really silly when Sam Ftorek skates out with the starting lineup with a "C" on his jersey on opening night.

Just now, Canucks13 said:

You're all going to feel really silly when Sam Ftorek skates out with the starting lineup with a "C" on his jersey on opening night.

It definitely won't be Sam, He alone has more games allowed for the entire 900 game veteran status. LOL

Thank goodness thats not a possibility.  He has over 1000 games played by himself.  😂

1072 games to be exact.

1 hour ago, PlayaHtr said:

1072 games to be exact.

Maybe he will be taking the place of several players. All this information is from a very reliable source. 

24 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Maybe he will be taking the place of several players. All this information is from a very reliable source. 

LMAO, Vet status can only equal 900 games total. He is not eligible because he alone is over the limit.

Dillan Fox from Mississippi and Jesse Schwartz from UCONN

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Are you suggesting? Or are they newly signed to camp?

• Like 1

Fox has great scoring stats. Schwartz is fresh out of UCONN

42 minutes ago, KennyLang1775 said:

I was hoping for another "Fox" in FAY.

Offense does not seem to be a problem with this initial Dawgs roster.

3 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

If thats true Dillan Fox is one hell of a pickup.

59 minutes ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

Offense does not seem to be a problem with this initial Dawgs roster.

I agree we will have good players that can score on every line.  Way more dynamic then we've been.  We usually had one good line who scored often and the second was occasionally producing.  It seems like we are going to be stacked on offense.  1st Mele, Dion, Murray. 2nd Economos, Carvalho, Guyon. 3rd Witzel, Jones, Fox 4th Tatrn, whoever, whoever makes team.  That is going to be pretty good four offensive lines however Dan matches them up.  Our problem will be defense.  We got some young ones that can do the job but going to be tough replacing Sova, Schneider, and Bakker.

2 hours ago, KennyLang1775 said:

Fox is a helluva pickup and still have a vet spot open.

8 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

If thats true Dillan Fox is one hell of a pickup.

I agree we will have good players that can score on every line.  Way more dynamic then we've been.  We usually had one good line who scored often and the second was occasionally producing.  It seems like we are going to be stacked on offense.  1st Mele, Dion, Murray. 2nd Economos, Carvalho, Guyon. 3rd Witzel, Jones, Fox 4th Tatrn, whoever, whoever makes team.  That is going to be pretty good four offensive lines however Dan matches them up.  Our problem will be defense.  We got some young ones that can do the job but going to be tough replacing Sova, Schneider, and Bakker.

I think we will eventually get Bakker back. I read the AHL and ECHL had the same timeline for training camps so AHL will be sending down more players after the 1st week is done.

43 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

I think we will eventually get Bakker back. I read the AHL and ECHL had the same timeline for training camps so AHL will be sending down more players after the 1st week is done.

The leagues are staggered about a week apart.  AHL opening rosters needed to be in Oct. 5, which is the same day they started playing regular season.  ECHL opening rosters needed to be in by Oct. 11th and they started regular season right after that.  So all the rosters should be pretty set in who they are keeping.  You'll see more movement after 30 days into season when each ECHL team will have to cut their rosters by 1 more player.

The later it gets, the more I lean toward Guyon not coming. Lines this morning Dion-Mele-Murray, Economos-Tatrn-Witzel, Fox-Miska-Jones with Carvalho and Schwartz mixing in. In my eyes, that is three strong offensive lines with guys on each with proven scoring touch. I am almost giddy to see these guys five or ten games in after the chemistry forms.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

The later it gets, the more I lean toward Guyon not coming. Lines this morning Dion-Mele-Murray, Economos-Tatrn-Witzel, Fox-Miska-Jones with Carvalho and Schwartz mixing in. In my eyes, that is three strong offensive lines with guys on each with proven scoring touch. I am almost giddy to see these guys five or ten games in after the chemistry forms.

I have faith Guyon will show up.  If you look at his stats he goes and plays with that LNAH team before he heads off every year.  Its like he would rather play in games then just be in training camp.  If I had to guess he will be here tonight or tomorrow when they have to have rosters in by.  Even Mike Campos said today he was expected in camp soon and i think he has been talking to the team on the phone.

But I am starting to think we might have just got rid of Bronner to open up spaces for the new guys.  This way Bremner had a way to trade him to the expansion team we barely play, instead of waiving him and him going to a team like Fayetteville or Knoxville.  Either way its getting to the point we have such good players in camp its almost heartbreaking to see anyone of them cut.  We are pretty well stacked, especially on the forward side.  Put that with goaltender of the year Barone if we can keep him, plus felt pretty good with both his back ups.  Have to say I might have never been more excited for a year of hockey to start in Roanoke ever.

Faith rewarded! Guyon was at morning skate!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

Faith rewarded! Guyon was at morning skate!

Heck yeah, I've said before I think he is going to have a big year.

Coach has some really tough cut decisions to make by 4pm today.