Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Canucks13

Who’s our captain?

1 minute ago, Canucks13 said:

I’m assuming Mele but does anyone have any info? 

Mele, no competition.  Would have picked Dion and Bronner as A's because they were all veterans.  Now Bronner is gone the last A is up in the air.

My guess would be Murray for the other A.

• Like 1

I think Witzel should get an A. He’s such a personality and shows a lot of passion. 

I'd say Murray and Rowland. Go with the 2 Forward/1Dman combo. That way someone with a letter is always on the ice to talk to the refs and whatnot. 

I am with Lefty, Mele gets the C and Murray and Rowland get the A. Jones may be an outsider chance at A, too.

I think everyone agrees Mele is a pretty much a sure bet for captain, and most seem to agree on Murray for one A, but all signs seem to be pointing to our 1st forward line being Mele, Murray, Dion so I'm not so sure having Murray as A is a good move because as Lefty pointed out you really don't want your captain and A's on the same line because ideally one is on the ice at all times. So maybe Witzel and Rowland wearing the A's.

Yea, its all up in the air now since I heard sphl podcast.  Campos called them the twin towers line.  But said Dion, Mele, and Murray was all playing on the same line in practice.  So after Mele as captain my next two picks are up in the air.  Having a hard time thinking Rowland might be an A with only 16 career SPHL games under his belt. I could be wrong though.  If they look to defense, I could see Bauer who has the most experience in the league.  Or maybe O'Brien.  He has played in top league in Sweden and two years in the FHL and won a championship last year.  All depends if experience has anything to do with the captains and alternates.

Here's our answer!

• Like 1

Thats who i thought they should be until I heard they were all on the same line.  Guess that doesn't matter.  I totally agree with the picks.

25 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Thats who i thought they should be until I heard they were all on the same line.  Guess that doesn't matter.  I totally agree with the picks.

I am in the same boat as you. I think they are all great choices, I do however have to question the logic of having all three captains on the same line (assuming the reports of them being on the same line are correct). 

Well...Guyon has skated with Mele and Dion a lot since arriving. Today, on power play offense it was Federow, Mele, Guyon Jones and Dion then it was Rowland, Fox, Murray, Witzel and Carvahlo.

With that said, I still don’t know how the lines will shake out LOL.

• Like 2