Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Theoriginalalex

My EA Sports SPHL project 2018-19

Just in time for opening night, I finished the 2018-19 update to my SPHL rosters in the EA sports NHL game. Read on for my official season simulation.

Here's a link to a Dropbox album showing each team's roster and player overall ratings

Let's get a few notes out of the way: (1) This was done on NHL 18 because it required countless hours during the past year to create and there's no way to transfer it to NHL 19. (2) The ratings are zero % subjective by me. I built a formula that turns previous season stats into attributes. The formula definitely isn't perfect, but it's consistent: thus, I didn't favor anyone in doing this. (3) Rosters are set as of opening night. For teams with only 17 skaters, a "dummy" placeholder skater has been added onto the 4th line / 3rd pair because the game requires 18.

Now, onto the simulation...

Regular Season Standings: #1 Pensacola / #2 Birmingham / #3 Knoxville / #4 Macon / #5 Quad City / #6 Peoria / #7 Fayetteville / #8 Huntsville / #9 Roanoke / #10 Evansville

Scoring Champion: Jake Hauswirth (FAY)

Most Goals: Maxime Guyon (RNK)

Most assists: Ryan Marcuz (PEN)

PIMS Leader: Craig Simchuk (BIR)

Highest Save % & Lowest GAA: Charlie Millen (BIR)

Challenge Round: Pensacola def. Huntsville 2-1 / Birmingham def. Fayetteville 2-1 / Peoria def. Knoxville 2-0 / Quad City def. Macon 2-1

Semi-finals: Peoria def. Pensacola 2-1 / Birmingham def. Quad City 2-0

President's Cup Finals: Peoria def. Birmingham 2-0 (Rivermen fans: "it's about time!")

Playoff Leading Scorers: Justin Larson (BIR) & Josh Harris (BIR)

So there you go! I'll be taking time to enjoy my work and play through a season with the Dawgs. And, no, I can't share the rosters, although I really wish it was possible. Thanks for that one, EA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice, looks like they screwed our Dawgs on that simulation.  I will really be disappointed if it looks like that at the end of the year!

7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Nice, looks like they screwed our Dawgs on that simulation.  I will really be disappointed if it looks like that at the end of the year!

Yeah, I didn't like seeing that either. They were the biggest disappointment as I have them the 5th best team overall. The season summary is pretty much "Guyon showed up, no one else did." One man show scoring and poor goaltending. Tanner Creel actually had the worst stats in the league.

Can we see the unis 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, Future said:

Can we see the unis 

Coming soon, probably after this weekend, I need to confirm some of the details of the new uniforms in game action.

OPENING NIGHT SIMULATIONS

Roanoke 2 @ Fayetville 3 (OT): The Marksmen fired away early, at one point holding a 14-2 shots advantage, but the first period ended without a goal. Shane Bennett opened the scoring for the home team during a 4-on-4 early in the 2nd, but Ben Bauer tied it up with a slapshot from the point just 3:02 later. Jeff Jones put the Dawgs ahead a mere 12 seconds into the final frame, but Taylor Pryce evened the score halfway through the 3rd. The score held at 2-2 through regulation, and Fayetteville's David Mazurek showed the visitors a thing about quick goals, netting the winner just 17 seconds into overtime.

Pensacola 0 @ Macon 2: After a scoreless opening period, the Flyers were gifted a 4 minute powerplay in the first minute of the 2nd. They failed to capitalize, and the Mayhem added insult to injury with back to back goals within the first 1:11 of returning to even strength. The two Jake's, Faiella and Trask, were the goal scorers, and those were the only red lights lit all night. Jordan Ruby stopped all 24 shots sent his way by the uninspiring Pensacola offense.

Evansville 0 @ Knoxville 2: This one made it all the way into the 3rd before Knoxville's Liam Kerins found the net. Anthony McVeigh doubled the lead with just under half a period remaining, and the Ice Bears won their home opener despite being outshot 31-19. Troy Davenport picked up a shutout as the defense kept most of the Bolts' shots to the outside.

Huntsville 3 @ Birmingham 4 (OT): The Havoc's Sy Nutkevitch scored the only 1st period goal on opening night when he deposited a loose puck in the crease 5:36 into the game. Evan Schultz tied it on the powerplay midway through second. Zach Nieminen restored Huntsville's lead less than five minutes before the break, but Jacob Barber made it 2-2 less than a minute later. Barber struck again six minutes into the 3rd to give the home Bulls their first lead, but Ryan Salkeld answered with the tying goal with 6:04 left on the clock. In overtime, another quick decision as Carter Simshuk sent the fans home happy 51 seconds in.

(Saturday) Peoria 3 @ Quad City 0: The Riv's wasted no time welcoming the expansion team to the league when Joe Laisz and Ben Oskroba scored :59 apart to put the home team behind 2-0 by the 7 minute mark of their existence. Alec Hagaman added another in the 3rd, and the shutout trend continued. Eric Levine earned an easy clean sheet as the Storm mustered just an embarrassing 16 shots.

Edited by Theoriginalalex
Name edits

Name edit Shane Bennett 😂

On 10/19/2018 at 1:54 PM, Theoriginalalex said:

Coming soon, probably after this weekend, I need to confirm some of the details of the new uniforms in game action.

OPENING NIGHT SIMULATIONS

Roanoke 2 @ Fayetville 3 (OT): The Marksmen fired away early, at one point holding a 14-2 shots advantage, but the first period ended without a goal. Shane Bennett opened the scoring for the home team during a 4-on-4 early in the 2nd, but Ben Bauer tied it up with a slapshot from the point just 3:02 later. Jeff Jones put the Dawgs ahead a mere 12 seconds into the final frame, but Taylor Price evened the score halfway through the 3rd. The score held at 2-2 through regulation, and Fayetteville's David Mazurek showed the visitors a thing about quick goals, netting the winner just 17 seconds into overtime.

Pensacola 0 @ Macon 2: After a scoreless opening period, the Flyers were gifted a 4 minute powerplay in the first minute of the 2nd. They failed to capitalize, and the Mayhem added insult to injury with back to back goals within the first 1:11 of returning to even strength. The two Jake's, Faiella and Trask, were the goal scorers, and those were the only red lights lit all night. Jordan Ruby stopped all 24 shots sent his way by the uninspiring Pensacola offense.

Evansville 0 @ Knoxville 2: This one made it all the way into the 3rd before Knoxville's Liam Kerins found the net. Anthony McVeigh doubled the lead with just under half a period remaining, and the Ice Bears won their home opener despite being outshot 31-19. Troy Davenport picked up a shutout as the defense kept most of the Bolts' shots to the outside.

Huntsville 3 @ Birmingham 4 (OT): The Havoc's Sy Nutkevitch scored the only 1st period goal on opening night when he deposited a loose puck in the crease 5:36 into the game. Evan Schultz tied it on the powerplay midway through second. Zach Nieminen restored Huntsville's lead less than five minutes before the break, but Jacob Barber made it 2-2 less than a minute later. Barber struck again six minutes into the 3rd to give the home Bulls their first lead, but Ryan Salkeld answered with the tying goal with 6:04 left on the clock. In overtime, another quick decision as Carter Simshuk sent the fans home happy 51 seconds in.

(Saturday) Peoria 3 @ Quad City 0: The Riv's wasted no time welcoming the expansion team to the league when Joe Laisz and Ben Oskroba scored :59 apart to put the home team behind 2-0 by the 7 minute mark of their existence. Alec Hagaman added another in the 3rd, and the shutout trend continued. Eric Levine earned an easy clean sheet as the Storm mustered just an embarrassing 16 shots.

The simulation got 3 of 4 winners correct, but none of the scores were accurately predicted:

Huntsville 4 Birmingham 5 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 5 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Pensacola 4 Macon Mayhem 3 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 3 SO Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Roanoke 1 Fayetteville 2 Fri, Oct 19 7:00 PM 1 - 2 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Evansville 4 Knoxville 5 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 5 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif

37 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

The simulation got 3 of 4 winners correct, but none of the scores were accurately predicted:

Huntsville 4 Birmingham 5 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 5 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Pensacola 4 Macon Mayhem 3 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 3 SO Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Roanoke 1 Fayetteville 2 Fri, Oct 19 7:00 PM 1 - 2 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif
Evansville 4 Knoxville 5 Fri, Oct 19 7:30 PM 4 - 5 Click here for Game Live Final   gslink.gif

I'll take it! Although I would have rather seen Dawgs win, I was amused to see my sim had Mazurek correctly scoring the winning goals for the Marksmen.

As promised, on-ice screenshots have been added my Dropbox folder. I recreated this past weekend's matchups to show off some of the new uniforms. Bonus appearance by Phil Bronner's 'stashe. (Does he even still have it? Left it alone from last season.)

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:40 PM, Theoriginalalex said:

As promised, on-ice screenshots have been added my Dropbox folder. I recreated this past weekend's matchups to show off some of the new uniforms. Bonus appearance by Phil Bronner's 'stashe. (Does he even still have it? Left it alone from last season.)

Still Got It!!!

What about Birmingham 

On 10/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, Theoriginalalex said:

p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3

Pic is not working