Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernHockeyGirl

Forward JAMIE HILL waived

Didn't see this one coming. Returning forward and proficient scorer, Jamie HIll, got waived from Fayetteville roster today. He was playing with a pulled hamstring over the weekend. Any team will be happy to sign him. Best wishes Hilly!!!

14 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Didn't see this one coming. Returning forward and proficient scorer, Jamie HIll, got waived from Fayetteville roster today. He was playing with a pulled hamstring over the weekend. Any team will be happy to sign him. Best wishes Hilly!!!

I'm surprised, too.  He does have an over the top temper at times.  I think he'll get picked up by another team- I wish him well.

48 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

It surprised me too.  One of only few people who I knew and one on the team that has any experience in this league.  Guess they have their reasons.

He was a very good player.....showed exactly why he was traded for last season. Didnt even know he played injuried, I bet he wasnt 100% then. Seems awful weird they cut him after only 2 games. I hope he heals up and lights us up every chance he gets.

• Like 1

Jamie Hill was healed from his injury. After having to sit out the first week of practice he only got a chance to practice twice before this weekends games & from what I watched he looked pretty good.  maybe a little rusty but he speed was there and was essentially playing wit a completely new team.  I know he was dedicated to building this new team and was told he would be a big part of that but I guess that was a fairy tale. For them to only give him 2 practices and 2 games to get back in the flow seems questionable as to the motives.  I'm sure he will land on his feet somewhere but he really liked Fayetteville. 

• Like 1

Usually when a player with talent is released they come back to bite us, it happened quite a few times over the years

Forward Max Cook was released by Norfolk on October 16th. So far, there's been no announcement of him getting picked up by another ECHL team. Maybe he is headed back to Fayetteville and will fill the void Jamie Hill left. Max is a steady, consistent player but I don't think he would stay in Fayetteville long before receiving another call-up.

I wonder why they did not attempt a trade (maybe they tried unsuccessfully).  we get nothing now when he signs with someone else. And I feel sure that he will. 

• Like 1